Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 01:29 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justicejustice View Post
I had no choice but to deal with them. They are managing the apartment I need. I met the lady in person and after the interview I shook her hand and she didn’t want to shake it. I figured ok maybe religious purposes etc. I felt discriminated upon because she didn’t review all my documents and miscalculated my income. I even told her I submitted everything so she had to review it again. Then she rejected me again saying I don’t qualify for a two bedroom. I know this already initially she said I qualify for one or two. So I replied I qualify for the one bedroom then she changed her story and said oh yea you do, but we don’t have any left. I didn’t believe her. I even told her if there is nomore units available and my income qualifies she was suppose to send me a waiting list letter. Which she never did she just said rejected again for income; when I did meet the requirements once she doubled checked. Therefore I’m stating she didn’t want me to get the apartment. She didn’t even try to help nothing. She did not even give me the info to appeal with hdp, which she was suppose to provide. I had to find it all on my own. Then later on to cover herself she send me a waitliting list letter after I told her no I’m appealing with hdp because what she’s doing is wrong. She said good luck and that was that. Now I’m waiting for hdp to review it. I submitted everything.
definitely follow up and get this person get what she has coming

Old 10-10-2017, 01:58 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
To inform people of injustice. A lot of people are complaining that they have to appeal for unfair reasons etc. I'm simply explaining my story and what happened to me. If people have different opinions that is fine but does that mean I have to entertain it??? No. Thanks. Now if people have questions about the appeal process and what steps to take. I gladly answer that. At the end of the day this blog is mainly to HELP people like most blogs are when it comes to housing connect. It is to inform people's status, their stories, what steps they are in or taking, etc. If you review carefully you will see most of these blogs are to inform, are people arguing in them??? Most of them no they are not because what help does that do for anyone in the same struggling housing connect process. If you want to argue about politics go to a political blog. I'm not wasting my time any further. ANYONE that has real questions or need help appealing. Ask away.

CityData is *NOT* a blog, but an internet forum. There, fixed that for you.

While (sadly IMHO) the New York City forum has been taken over and or become a de facto "affordable and or low income housing lottery" kaffee klatsch, that is not the total point of this place.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:41 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,005,669 times
What does her religion have to do with the denial? Did you said that to HPD in your complaint?

Old 10-10-2017, 02:53 PM

16 posts, read 15,122 times
Nobody said her religion is the reason for denial. Her denial For NO reason is why I said she’s discriminating what other reason would it be. If I qualified... hdp said so and are reviewing the situation. For those that get my comment is fair enough for me. She should of never denied me period. Let alone twice. She had no reason. I provided everything and qualifyed; that is why hdp is reviewing the case. She even got caught in her lie. How do you tell someone in there first rejection letter oh you don’t meet the 32,000 income. Then she reviews the documents again oh you don’t qualify your income is 35,000. Does that not make any sense????? She said I did not meet 32,00 then when she checked I did and said oh is too low (35,000). Is BASIC math. So this injustice does not happen to other people.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:58 PM

By the way the income guidelines haven’t changed. She even send me the income guidelines lol. Min is 32,000. She calculated my income 35,000. Therefore rejection letter invalid based on income.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:01 PM

Max income is 45,000

Old 10-10-2017, 03:48 PM

954 posts, read 938,650 times
So I’m like totally confused.

Why is she racist? Because she’s Jewish? What did she do that makes you think this? Could it just be that you aren’t qualified for the place? And if you are just appeal, what’s the big deal?

It’s not always about race. Hell, with the way your ranting and raving I wouldnt want you living next door to me either.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:05 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
I've been told by a Jew that Hasidic women have to work because men have to dedicate life to prayer. But on the other hand, my understanding is that women in Hasidic culture are restricted to the many freedoms we as Americans take for granted. Also, I never see Hasidic women in the workforce, retail, service sector, etc...except on the OPs account. What's the deal?

Old 10-10-2017, 04:06 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
It’s not always about race
definitely not, but based on the details here I'm 99% this guy got hosed by someone who didn't want "his kind" moving in

Old 10-10-2017, 04:44 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
I had no choice but to deal with them. They are managing the apartment I need. I met the lady in person and after the interview I shook her hand and she didn’t want to shake it. I figured ok maybe religious purposes etc. I felt discriminated upon because she didn’t review all my documents and miscalculated my income. I even told her I submitted everything so she had to review it again. Then she rejected me again saying I don’t qualify for a two bedroom. I know this already initially she said I qualify for one or two. So I replied I qualify for the one bedroom then she changed her story and said oh yea you do, but we don’t have any left. I didn’t believe her. I even told her if there is nomore units available and my income qualifies she was suppose to send me a waiting list letter. Which she never did she just said rejected again for income; when I did meet the requirements once she doubled checked. Therefore I’m stating she didn’t want me to get the apartment. She didn’t even try to help nothing. She did not even give me the info to appeal with hdp, which she was suppose to provide. I had to find it all on my own. Then later on to cover herself she send me a waitliting list letter after I told her no I’m appealing with hdp because what she’s doing is wrong. She said good luck and that was that. Now I’m waiting for hdp to review it. I submitted everything.
FYI it's HPD, not HDP

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City