Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 11:21 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
So Miss Zorba Malliotakis, a staunch Republican is criticizing a statement by Mayor DeBlasio over immigrant difficulties in the City, when the head of her party is the most anti-immigrant man ever to hold elected office.
Talk about pots and kettles.

Let's hear HER position about supporting Puerto Rican immigration into the Big Apple.
What is there to hear? She has stated her position *loud and clear* since she has family in Puerto Rico, and is the daughter of a Cuban mother and a Greek father, both of which were *immigrants*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 12:07 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
What is there to hear? She has stated her position *loud and clear* since she has family in Puerto Rico, and is the daughter of a Cuban mother and a Greek father, both of which were *immigrants*.

I haven't heard any such position. Since you say it was "loud and clear" perhaps you wouldn't mind repeating it for us?

Being the daughter of an expatriate Cuban mother and a Greek father says nothing of her concern for immigrants...perhaps the opposite (possibly mother plantation owner supporting Battista and father in the military supporting the fascist junta?)

Old 10-20-2017, 12:17 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Sounds like the fake NYC white progressives only think those with the financial means (or of illegal status) should move to a place that is supposed to contain the greatest of opportunity. But Puerto Ricans without money should be banned. They want them to move to a place where there are absolutely no opportunities. Sounds real progressive, right?

Old 10-20-2017, 12:26 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,963,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Sounds like the fake NYC white progressives only think those with the financial means (or of illegal status) should move to a place that is supposed to contain the greatest of opportunity. But Puerto Ricans without money should be banned. They want them to move to a place where there are absolutely no opportunities. Sounds real progressive, right?
Too bad for the fake progressives Puerto Ricans are US citizens and can move wherever they want to.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Oh I dunno. Wasn't it you that was living in a *room* not too long ago, and you're talking about me and my finances? *LOL* Have had my own residence for *years* now (*not roommates*), and will take my time and decide when I'm ready to buy. Am well aware of the various places that are co-ops or condos and will make the move when I see fit. Am living in a brand new apartment paying market rate rent with no issues, so there is really no rush. Am not sure what you're running your mouth about as if you know anything about my finances. Recently signed a multi-year lease so there is no rush for me to buy anything. Unlike that guy living in Park Slope with a roommate, am not anywhere close to being in my 40s and am quite young.
I'm not putting down Puerto Ricans, it's up to them to decide where to live, and on what the future status of the island will be, whether statehood, commonwealth, or independent nation.

Living in a brand new, market rate apartment in NYC just means you're a sucker, quite frankly. It's nothing to brag home about.

Buying a house or a condo would be a different matter entirely. You'd have assets then that could appreciate. Focus on doing YOU instead of trying to put down Puerto Ricans.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:34 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Too bad for the fake progressives Puerto Ricans are US citizens and can move wherever they want to.
Agree, but it is hard to control our racist mayor and his hate speech.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:14 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
I'm not putting down Puerto Ricans, it's up to them to decide where to live, and on what the future status of the island will be, whether statehood, commonwealth, or independent nation.

Living in a brand new, market rate apartment in NYC just means you're a sucker, quite frankly. It's nothing to brag home about.

Buying a house or a condo would be a different matter entirely. You'd have assets then that could appreciate. Focus on doing YOU instead of trying to put down Puerto Ricans.
Considering the deal and the term and the amenities I have it isn't. Gives me plenty of time to pick exactly what I want to purchase. Am doing just fine. You should worry about getting out of that *room* you're in. So much for that fabulous career of yours as a *writer*. *LOL*

Old 10-20-2017, 05:23 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:

Watching News4 New York this morning while getting ready for work they interviewed a gay guy from PR who was in NYC when the hurricane hit. While he was only here to visit family the guy now intends to stay "several months" until conditions improve back in PR.

If anyone thinks he is the only PR coming to, remaining or whatever in NY, they are dreaming.

PRs with friends, family or whatever are and likely will continue to head into USA until things get better on the island. The only question remains is how large this number will be and length of their stay.

As already noted several times in this thread PRs are citizens of the USA and can go anywhere they GD want, and apply for benefits long as they meet residency requirements.

Thanks to New York's "right to housing" it wouldn't surprise me to see a good number of PRs come to the city.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:54 PM

265 posts, read 944,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
Yes, the same Trump who has literally abandoned Puerto Rico in a crime against humanity that has caused hundreds to die in the streets.
Lol if you actually believe that.

It's honestly quite sickening to see the hate being received by the military (which is helping big time, and was in action shortly after the hurricane hit) and aid workers by a bunch of armchair leftists philosophizing from their comfortable homes.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:30 AM

Social services expedites the processing of help from hurricane victims, and hurricane victims who lost their jobs get six months of unemployment. So any Puerto Rican with even a minimum wage job now has thousands of dollars to move wherever they want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City