Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 01:28 PM

184 posts, read 261,084 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

All of the these threads are so helpful to so many and i appreciate all of them
does anyone have any advice on appealing directly to an HPD rejection
basically they are questioning my income even though everything is clear
and i fit into the guidelines
the initial application was well over 2 years ago so of course my income has changed
any advice is greatly appreciated

Does HPD ever overturn there decisions ? or am i wasting my time ?

Thanks Everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 01:57 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,454,604 times
You mean HPD rejected you and you want to appeal that decision? Try. Just appeal again through the website with details on why they're in error. You have nothing to lose. I know someone who just did that but hasn't heard back. But HPD didn't kick the case back to the person.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:35 PM

4,743 posts, read 6,464,154 times
Are you talking about appealing a rejection that's two years in the past?

Or are you saying that you used to fit into the income bracket when you initially applied but that your income changed and and you no longer qualify?

Old 10-26-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Are you talking about appealing a rejection that's two years in the past?

Or are you saying that you used to fit into the income bracket when you initially applied but that your income changed and and you no longer qualify?
I fit in the income now and have for over the past 16 months but at time of application (2 Years ago) on housing connect my income was lower at that time .
ill tell ya they really make this hard and there is no rhyme or reason or i should say depending on who gets your file .

Old 10-26-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
You mean HPD rejected you and you want to appeal that decision? Try. Just appeal again through the website with details on why they're in error. You have nothing to lose. I know someone who just did that but hasn't heard back. But HPD didn't kick the case back to the person.
on the website ? or submit all supporting documents etc and fedex it to them

Old 10-26-2017, 02:49 PM

Either. But if you're going to mail it, use an overnight service that gives you a tracking number. It would have been the marketing agent that rejected you if your income was too low or too high on the application in which case you should appeal to the marketing agent with your tax forms and income documents. HPD will not get involved in any appeals until the marketing agent rejects you.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Either. But if you're going to mail it, use an overnight service that gives you a tracking number. It would have been the marketing agent that rejected you if your income was too low or too high on the application in which case you should appeal to the marketing agent with your tax forms and income documents. HPD will not get involved in any appeals until the marketing agent rejects you.
what service do you recommend ?
im totally in the income range saw the unit and signed hpd paperwork
its hpd denial

Old 10-26-2017, 03:11 PM

Well that's different. So you've gone through the process and HPD denied you at the end? Ok, try to appeal that--use an overnight service or use the website and attach your documents, assuming you have a scanner. The income on your application would have no bearing at this point. That's not what they're using to reject you. HPD is calculating your income in a way that makes you ineligible. If you think they're wrong, you need to demonstrate that step by step. Express Mail through the post office is likely the least expensive overnight service, and it doesn't charge for a signature. If you have a lot of documents that's likely easier than appealing through the website. Try it and see what happens. You have nothing to lose, but do it quicly.

Old 10-26-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Well that's different. So you've gone through the process and HPD denied you at the end? Ok, try to appeal that--use an overnight service or use the website and attach your documents, assuming you have a scanner. The income on your application would have no bearing at this point. That's not what they're using to reject you. HPD is calculating your income in a way that makes you ineligible. If you think they're wrong, you need to demonstrate that step by step. Express Mail through the post office is likely the least expensive overnight service, and it doesn't charge for a signature. If you have a lot of documents that's likely easier than appealing through the website. Try it and see what happens. You have nothing to lose, but do it quicly.
Thank you so much !! yes they calculated a totally different income

Old 10-27-2017, 08:23 AM

3,403 posts, read 3,554,899 times
If is something about 2 years ago, your appeal won't work. You have to appeal within a time frame in order to consider your appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City