Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 06:40 PM

566 posts, read 503,953 times

Advertisements

I just go to Grey's Papaya, eat, head over to Times Square to oggle the 'Le Nudas', and go home.
Heck, all the peep places were shut down years ago, and there's more action on Coney Island in the Summer; and in the Winter, the Russian babas come out to swim on Brighton, so there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 06:56 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Pretty much everyday. I live in Queens, and I'm in Brooklyn everyday too.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:45 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
I live in Manhattan and the only time I go to an outer borough is by accidently taking a subway in the wrong direction, or to get to an airport.

^^^^That's even better than mine.

But yeah, Before the Second Avenue Q train I would often take the R and change at 59th for the #6 to the UES. Several times I was engrossed in what I was reading and only too late realized I was under the East River on my way to Queens Plaza and a quick run up and over for the return to Lexington Avenue. (I sometimes had company running the stairs so I know I wasn't the only person not paying attention.

Last edited by Kefir King; 11-19-2017 at 08:54 AM..

Old 11-19-2017, 02:51 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
I just turned 28. I have friends concentrated in Harlem, Sugar Hill, Inwood, Hell's Kitchen. Also, it's cuffing season, but since no one knows what they want, I've turned into a serial cuddler. Sometimes we alternate. If it's big gatherings I'll host at my place, otherwise I'll go to the city / Uptown.

Hahaha. So yes, I'm in Manhattan more than I'd like to be.

Actually, I should edit out the 52 times a year part. I only said that because of Thursday. Thursday's I go home after work, then come BACK into the city at 9. So I don't know if that counts as an extra "visit" into the city. Let's just say "a lot," f*ck it.
No shame in your game my friend, it's all good.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-19-2017, 05:35 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
I live in Manhattan and the only time I go to an outer borough is by accidently taking a subway in the wrong direction, or to get to an airport.
lol. When I lived in Queens, I took the N train to Manhattan & back practically everyday for work & leisure. I got so used to that, that even when I moved to Manhattan I still found myself naturally taking the N train towards Queens after work or a night out. It was like I was homing like a pidgeon. Did that a couple of times. It was so annoying.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:19 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
I just turned 28. I have friends concentrated in Harlem, Sugar Hill, Inwood, Hell's Kitchen. Hahaha. So yes, I'm in Manhattan more than I'd like to be.

Actually, I should edit out the 52 times a year part. I only said that because of Thursday. Thursday's I go home after work, then come BACK into the city at 9. So I don't know if that counts as an extra "visit" into the city. Let's just say "a lot," f*ck it.
Oh, that was my youth! lol. I was just like that at that age. I spent my teen years in NYC so had classmates/friends living in all 5 boroughs (even Staten Island!) so Manhattan was the spot where we would all meet & hang out. After all the back & forth from Queens to Manhattan, I finally got an apt in Manhattan & wouldn't you know it that's when work & responsibilities started to pick up, we all got older and I just didn't have the time or energy to hang out that often & late anymore. But at least my work commuting time was greatly reduced (lived within walking distance). But the irony is, I showed up late to work more often walking from my apt. than when I was commuting from Queens!

Old 11-19-2017, 06:34 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default Cheaper food in the boros

Quote:
If I ever need quirky craft beer pubs and $9 artisanal cupcakes I wont hesitate to look up your neighborhood sometime
Lol, if you live in Manhattan, you're already in the land of $9-$12 artisanal cupcakes, cookies, or bagels with lox. Restaurants and bakeries are usually cheaper in the boroughs plus they serve larger portions. I can't speak on the price of beer and alcohol - I'm a non-drinker.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:53 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
I go pretty much everyday unless I'm having one of my no pants stay at home days. Those are nice every once in a while.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:41 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,262,911 times
Everyday possibly on weekends for whatever reason.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:57 AM

782 posts, read 859,145 times
Roughly 3-4 times a year. Once or twice to go shopping, and once or twice to go out with friends.

I could easily eliminate these outings too and not even think twice. I prefer getting in the car and driving to Roosevelt Field or Jersey Gardens if i want a day of shopping...And most weekends I go out around where I live in Bay Ridge. We have more bars than you can count here, there is one on nearly every street on the two major avenues here.

So, while I don't necessarily dislike Manhattan, it's just not a part of my day to day life at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City