Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 09:59 AM

5 posts, read 4,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
10th and Jefferson is across the Street from Hoboken's best supermarket, Shop-Rite, but you will quickly get sick of the long trek to the PATH station more than a mile away.

Both Newport and Avalon Cove are very nice but Newport is closer to PATH. Newport's apartments are a lot larger than AC's.
I spent 20 years in Newport...I have nothing bad to say about it.
Thanks for the feedback. I plan to visit both next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 10:47 PM

5 posts, read 4,714 times
I checked out JC today. I was not impressed by either Newport, nor Avalon Cove. I did like a few places in Paulus Hook. As a "water guy" I like the potential of storing my kayak nearby. That is probably the biggest thing I'll miss about moving from Annapolis. I love being out on the water and have a strong affinity to being out there on the water, spring/summer/fall. I'm a long time rower and paddler, having grown up Upstate on the Hudson and rowed crewed in HS and college.

I'm checking out Hoboken tomorrow. Since I'm not committed to relocating until late February / early March, I'm holding off on Manhattan until late January. Based on my "internet research", I'm thinking the Upper West Side from the 70s - 90s might better suited me.

My brother, who lived in Inwood for a few years (he's now in Riverdale), has suggested that the Dyckman marina may have kayak storage. Anyone care to comment on that claim?

I did see that the Downtown Boathouse has a kayaking program, but no storage. Perhaps they have a quid-pro-quo where I would happily volunteer as a paddler guide in exchange for storage? I've got some serious paddling experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City