Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 01:57 PM

881 posts, read 615,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I deleted the post you quoted so your post has to go as well. Nothing against you, it just means your post is now pointless as it was related.
Oh, no, not at all -- I honestly was just curious.

Thanks for the FYI!

Old 12-05-2017, 02:11 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,392 times
Death squads are pointless. One junkie ODs another takes their place.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:20 PM

881 posts, read 615,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Death squads are pointless. One junkie ODs another takes their place.
No, not at all:

1) Serves as a deterrent to some, if not many.

2) Junkies can be "recycled," as I say, in many ways.

3) Really shows that self-induced zombie-ism will not be tolerated by society.

All of that together will work to lower the numbers over time -- quite quickly, I should think! Look at the ChiComs; the opium-addled population was cleaned up very fast...unfortunately, unbridled capitalism has allowed some measure of a comeback for drug usage in some parts there now....

Old 12-05-2017, 03:01 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,435 times
Well, it's easy to look at junkies and think, "Oh, they should be rendered down or processed into their base components." Especially when the type of people that do these things generally make such poor decisions otherwise also.

I still stand against the idea since it's a slippery slope. First, junkies, good. Second, violent felons, good. Third, repeat misdemeanors, not really good. Fourth, anyone who is in favor of the political party not in line with local values, bad. Fifth, people of any certain race, very bad. Sixth, people who don't like onions, now you just makin' excuses to kill people since cannibilization has become mainstream. I don't really wanna go down that road.

Also, lets say junky bodies are to be processed? What's to stop corrupt medical staff from administering toxins to corpses or whatever for the sake of making a quick buck off the sale? Or to just offer people desperate enough for some dollars for their corpses? Shades of what Planned Parenthood does to poor, unwed, black, teenage mothers...

Or, or, I could be totally wrong and making Death Penalty the only punishment for every crime could yield a utopia like that early episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation (where the people all looked like blond blue eyed German all-stars).

Old 12-05-2017, 03:08 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomelessLoser View Post
No, not at all:

1) Serves as a deterrent to some, if not many.

2) Junkies can be "recycled," as I say, in many ways.

3) Really shows that self-induced zombie-ism will not be tolerated by society.

All of that together will work to lower the numbers over time -- quite quickly, I should think! Look at the ChiComs; the opium-addled population was cleaned up very fast...unfortunately, unbridled capitalism has allowed some measure of a comeback for drug usage in some parts there now....
Ok, after you rid the city of junkies how about you fix the subways and find housing for all the people hoping their log numbers are winners? Get rid of the rats and cucarachas while you're at it.

Old 12-05-2017, 03:43 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,401,968 times
Quote:
So you're offended?

It will get the job done: test people with instant-read drug kits; a positive means a bullet in the head and recycling as animal feed or fertilizer or something more useful than a public nuisance (organ harvesting, maybe, if these junkies have anything in working condition still).
Preach on brother. I might be in the minority with you on how to deal with worthless, lowlife, degenerate drug addicts that will amount to nothing and will be a detriment to society. I have no sympathy for them and their drug addiction. I guarantee that if people had the courage to do what is the greater good for society and offed these degenerates or locked them up, then we would live in a much safer and prosperous world.

Old 12-05-2017, 04:23 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
We don't have to go all the way down the road to firing squads. Just stop enabling them via overdose prevention. If you OD, Buh Bye!

Old 12-06-2017, 12:51 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
So that's what it's about -- race again??

So nothing sensible can be done because someone somewhere's gonna get all sensitive about race, huh?

White kids were being shot left and right by white cops before it became such a crime to do so if the perps are brown/black.

I think the people who see racism everywhere are the real racists -- just projecting their own racism onto the world!

People rightly deplore "trailer trash" misbehavior but the same exact misbehavior practiced by "minorities" suddenly becomes almost a virtue...sheesh....

Remember how the British solved their Chinese trade imbalance -- with drugs.

Drugs dragged down a 5,000 year-old civilization (even the Chinese Empress was on drugs!).

Druggies simply need to be executed. Some will wake up and sober up while the rest can be recycled as fertilizer, feed, or harvested for organs or used for scientific research.

You people simply do not realize the existential threat posed by these zombies!!
Throughout the 5,000 year so called civilization, the Chinese ALWAYS used drugs. The opium trade in the 1800s was not the first time there was drug use in China, nor is China drug free today. No society ever is. You speak with the guilt of an addict with a history of mental illness.

Most Americans and most people worldwide use some kind of drug. Tobacco and caffeine are at any store, and any user will say they are addictive. Not too mention other addictions like eating lots of sugar and fatty foods.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Well, it's easy to look at junkies and think, "Oh, they should be rendered down or processed into their base components." Especially when the type of people that do these things generally make such poor decisions otherwise also.

I still stand against the idea since it's a slippery slope. First, junkies, good. Second, violent felons, good. Third, repeat misdemeanors, not really good. Fourth, anyone who is in favor of the political party not in line with local values, bad. Fifth, people of any certain race, very bad. Sixth, people who don't like onions, now you just makin' excuses to kill people since cannibilization has become mainstream. I don't really wanna go down that road.

Also, lets say junky bodies are to be processed? What's to stop corrupt medical staff from administering toxins to corpses or whatever for the sake of making a quick buck off the sale? Or to just offer people desperate enough for some dollars for their corpses? Shades of what Planned Parenthood does to poor, unwed, black, teenage mothers...

Or, or, I could be totally wrong and making Death Penalty the only punishment for every crime could yield a utopia like that early episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation (where the people all looked like blond blue eyed German all-stars).
All these people will say another thing when it's a family member of their who suffers from addiction. It's easy to talk about some other people when it doesn't affect you.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
We don't have to go all the way down the road to firing squads. Just stop enabling them via overdose prevention. If you OD, Buh Bye!
We should stop police problems by cancelling the medical benefits of police officers. Let any cop who gets injured on the job or who has a medical problem simply croak.

That's how you sound, and you should be ashamed. If you feel this way, leave public service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City