Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 09:07 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
If that’s the case, where are those goddamn checks?
The checks are sent to the organizers via a dummy corporation. The FBI/CIA also send their agent provocateurs to these events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 09:14 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Paid?.... Nah. I don't think so. Misguided, yes. Used as tools by the media and by Chuck Schumer - that's for sure.

I like what he's doing. Let 'em yell. It doesn't change anything.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:19 AM

37,152 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The checks are sent to the organizers via a dummy corporation. The FBI/CIA also send their agent provocateurs to these events.
Oh is that right? Have you tried doing a FOIL request? You’re saying someone I personally know who works full time and is part of a group that helps organize people is getting checks from people this aside from the fundraising they do locally and paying out of pocket? I love that you got to look into her finances, because they certainly don’t sound great.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Oh is that right? Have you tried doing a FOIL request? You’re saying someone I personally know who works full time and is part of a group that helps organize people is getting checks from people this aside from the fundraising they do locally and paying out of pocket? I love that you got to look into her finances, because they certainly don’t sound great.
Bro, this sentence is incoherent. Try again.

George Soros donated $33 million to BLM. Not sure if your friend's non-profit is on the radar of billionaires. Tell him/her to step it up!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-liberal-foun/

That funding comes in addition to more than $33 million in grants to the Black Lives Matter movement from top Democratic Party donor George Soros through his Open Society Foundations, as well as grant-making from the Center for American Progress.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Bro, this sentence is incoherent. Try again.

George Soros donated $33 million to BLM. Not sure if your friend's non-profit is on the radar of billionaires. Tell him/her to step it up!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-liberal-foun/

That funding comes in addition to more than $33 million in grants to the Black Lives Matter movement from top Democratic Party donor George Soros through his Open Society Foundations, as well as grant-making from the Center for American Progress.
Bro, this is incoherent. An anti-Trump march is not necessarily the same thing as a Black Lives Matter march. Do you just conflate everything together for fun or for profit?

Old 12-04-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Bro, this is incoherent. An anti-Trump march is not necessarily the same thing as a Black Lives Matter march. Do you just conflate everything together for fun or for profit?
How was my sentence incoherent?

A march is a march as it needs funding, $$$, media attention, etc. One side believing their cause is the correct one for all.

Read the article below. George Soros donates to a major Anti-Trump organization along with other major companies, groups.

Donors of Anti-Trump 'Resistance' Group Revealed

The Center for Community Change's largest contribution was $3,000,000 from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, which was initially created by Will Kellogg, the food manufacturer and founder of Kellogg Company. The Ford Foundation, which was first created by the founders of the Ford Motor Company, added a $2,350,000 donation. The Open Society Foundation, a foundation run by liberal billionaire mega-donor George Soros, gave $1,750,000 to the Center for Community Change.

Other donors to the organization include the California Endowment, which gave $524,500; the Marquerite Casey Foundation, which gave $515,000; Fidelity Charitable Gift, which donated $505,100 (Note: Fidelity itself did not donate, this figure reflects private individuals who used the company as a charitable vehicle for their own donations.); and the National Immigration Law Center, which gave $316,000.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
How was my sentence incoherent?

A march is a march as it needs funding, $$$, media attention, etc. One side believing their cause is the correct one for all.

Read the article below. George Soros donates to a major Anti-Trump organization along with other major companies, groups.

Donors of Anti-Trump 'Resistance' Group Revealed

The Center for Community Change's largest contribution was $3,000,000 from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, which was initially created by Will Kellogg, the food manufacturer and founder of Kellogg Company. The Ford Foundation, which was first created by the founders of the Ford Motor Company, added a $2,350,000 donation. The Open Society Foundation, a foundation run by liberal billionaire mega-donor George Soros, gave $1,750,000 to the Center for Community Change.

Other donors to the organization include the California Endowment, which gave $524,500; the Marquerite Casey Foundation, which gave $515,000; Fidelity Charitable Gift, which donated $505,100 (Note: Fidelity itself did not donate, this figure reflects private individuals who used the company as a charitable vehicle for their own donations.); and the National Immigration Law Center, which gave $316,000.
Bro, I don’t mind funding for foundations and organizations, but bro, you linked to some blm stuff bro and that’s not even why I join the protests bro, so that doesn’t follow anything I just said. Bro, you also completely skipped the posts I’m replying to which go on about how protesters are paid to do so. Nah, bro, that isn’t mostly the case. It’s foundations giving to some organizers, but the people coming out are mostly doing on their own accord, bro. I have no doubts that foundations pay for various organizations to try to direct public sentiment, bro, this predates these protests, blm, tea party protests, etc., bro, but bro, when you have some bro who is commander-in-chief whose policies and presence seems like a phenomenally bad idea, bro, you’re going to have a lot of people protesting, do we understand, bro?

Old 12-04-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Bro, I don’t mind funding for foundations and organizations, but bro, you linked to some blm stuff bro and that’s not even why I join the protests bro, so that doesn’t follow anything I just said. Bro, you also completely skipped the posts I’m replying to which go on about how protesters are paid to do so. Nah, bro, that isn’t mostly the case. It’s foundations giving to some organizers, but the people coming out are mostly doing on their own accord, bro. I have no doubts that foundations pay for various organizations to try to direct public sentiment, bro, this predates these protests, blm, tea party protests, etc., bro, but bro, when you have some bro who is commander-in-chief whose policies and presence seems like a phenomenally bad idea, bro, you’re going to have a lot of people protesting, do we understand, bro?
BLM are funded by various corporations, individuals, etc, Anti-Trump groups funded by various corporations individuals, etc, Pro-Trump groups funded by various corporations, individuals, etc. My point is that there is always someone funding these organisations. A hidden hand whose agenda is never revealed.

Post # 21 i stated that the $$ goes to organizers not individuals. You were the one insinuating that George Soros was paying individual protesters. By your response on Post #20.

What are Trump's bad ideas/policies that scare you?

Old 12-04-2017, 10:37 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
EXACTLY! All these so-called protester are PAID to protest. It's not a genuine grass roots protest.

These protesters are basement dwellers living in their mom's basement. All a bunch of losers and sheep!
And all internet posts against the protests are paid Russian trolls. Like Ivan "allpro123" Smirnoff, over here.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
BLM are funded by various corporations, individuals, etc, Anti-Trump groups funded by various corporations individuals, etc, Pro-Trump groups funded by various corporations, individuals, etc. My point is that there is always someone funding these organisations. A hidden hand whose agenda is never revealed.

Post # 21 i stated that the $$ goes to organizers not individuals. You were the one insinuating that George Soros was paying individual protesters. By your response on Post #20.

What are Trump's bad ideas/policies that scare you?
If you read the post, I recognize there are larger funding agencies, bro. My response is to the idea that the protests are paid for by those foundations or that the protesters were paid which is not the same thing, bro. Bro, my response to them was sarcasm, bro, which I thought was obvious, bro. Really, bro, astroturfing is possoble, but bro, when you have so many bros turning out these bros aren’t paid, bros might just not
Be chill, aiite, bro?

There’s a litany of things, bro, but the most direct one is that he is impulsive. His business history is full of bailouts, false promises and swindles which is verifiably true. This is not a great time to have someone like this in power especially given that our protocol for atomic missile launch is incredibly basic and this short-tempered person at the helm is an unnecessary risk. In terms of specific policies, the most worrisome thing during the campaign was that he just promised things, but even among the things I could get behind, none of this had any content released for the actual plans which sounds incredibly suspect; that’s some nigerian scam artist kind thing along with the “trust me, I don’t need to release my tax returns, there is no conflict of interest”. Either of those were pretty strong dealbreakers and I was not much of a clinton fan. But bro, that’s all past now so let’s concentrate on what he’s tried so far. Did he get more presidential-y? Nah, not really, lools like our sitch with North Korea has gotten a lot worse. How about his appointees? Well, pretty awful for the most part, especially Scott Pruitt. Have you taken a look at the tendered budget? Did that make any reasonable sense to you? How about this tax bill, though not Trump specifically, does that look like it was actually reasonably meted out? Does it seem to you like the country as a whole is less divisive now? Does it seem like our foreign allies are closer to us? The only highlight is the stock market, because of the wonderful short term profits that will be realized with deregulation and lower corporate taxes. That money isn’t going to trickle down much and it means probably a rough road for the middle class on down, but I guess I should feel good that I got mine now so I can ride this pretty well. You, too, bro?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City