Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 02:25 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,671 times

Advertisements

Something is off, look at the previous listings it's all over the place for the last few years. Ah noticed it's in Riverdale... which is a totally racist and homophobic part of NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 02:58 PM

41 posts, read 37,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Taxes go up, and you just slave yourself harder to pay them. I saw ur thread about the inspector. Smh.
Good find! SeventhFloor

It's Terrible here in LI if you read my thread. I'm considering moving back to Middle Village.
Just my wife and kid that doesn't want to move back. Eventually..We will go back for sure.
NYC are more diverse, more nice ppl, less racist, more things to do.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:02 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earth0 View Post
Good find! SeventhFloor

It's Terrible here in LI if you read my thread. I'm considering moving back to Middle Village.
Just my wife and kid that doesn't want to move back. Eventually..We will go back for sure.
NYC are more diverse, more nice ppl, less racist, more things to do.
I dig it. Not a slave to ur car either.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-09-2017, 03:07 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Something is off, look at the previous listings it's all over the place for the last few years. Ah noticed it's in Riverdale... which is a totally racist and homophobic part of NYC.
Huh? What makes you say Riverdale is racist and homophobic?

Old 12-10-2017, 02:58 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Funny, based on your title line, I thought you were going to be posting about ways to save money, which is the obvious idea. Or getting some short-term seasonal extra work.

If you're paying rent, what's the point of living at home? Makes more sense to have a roommate and make that first step toward independence.

Old 12-10-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Huh? What makes you say Riverdale is racist and homophobic?
Are you Black? Or Gay?

Old 12-10-2017, 04:18 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Are you Black? Or Gay?
I know people who live there and I know a ton of people who went to Fieldston. Riverdale seems a bit quiet and working professional-y, but I never got a sense of racism or homophobia. Perhaps that’s a holdover perception of earlier eras?

Old 12-10-2017, 04:20 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Funny, based on your title line, I thought you were going to be posting about ways to save money, which is the obvious idea. Or getting some short-term seasonal extra work.

If you're paying rent, what's the point of living at home? Makes more sense to have a roommate and make that first step toward independence.
My thought was that he’s paying less than market rate which can go towards savings for a down payment, but if that’s not true, then yea, OP should step out.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I know people who live there and I know a ton of people who went to Fieldston. Riverdale seems a bit quiet and working professional-y, but I never got a sense of racism or homophobia. Perhaps that’s a holdover perception of earlier eras?
I'm not saying you'll get into anything walking around the area, but I wonder how it is in terms of renting an apartment there.

I know people that went to all 3 schools, Riverdale, Fieldston and Horace Mann.

I actually considered going there for high school but the commute (over 2 hours one way) was not something I wanted to do.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:48 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,114 times
Quote:
Are you Black? Or Gay?
No. Are you? Did you have a negative experience/s in Riverdale?

I do have black friends that owned an apartment in Riverdale for years and they have never spoken negatively about the area and never experienced racism there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City