Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 12:57 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,073 times

Advertisements

The chopped cheese sandwich that would come to mind ,would be a sandwich on white bread, with a thick slice of welfare American cheese inside. Aka the project sandwich aka the hood sandwich, aka poor man's dinner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 01:42 PM

99 posts, read 144,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Chop cheese? i rather get the cheese burger special at crown chicken or kennedy fried chicken!! $ 6.50 for a burger and fries and can of soda that great!!
Anybody that lives in walking distance of a 'kennedy fried' is good my book. You official doggie. I can respect that. aha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Who gives a ****?

Born and raised in NYC. Never ate a chopped cheese, nor do I care to. Does that make me any less of a New Yorker? **** outta here with that.
You OBVIOUSLY do otherwise you would'nt be in this thread talkin spicy.
Why u askin me a question for? u see the title. Carry on then HIPSTER.
No response needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizfromtheBronx View Post
*yawn*

First of all, it's "you're". Second of all, I'never lived a day outside NYC in my life and I've never heard of this. Now that I have, I have no interest in trying it because it sounds straight up nasty. Doesn't make me less of a New Yorker. Just means I have a different opinion.
Whoooooooooop Whoooooooooop da grammar police is here !!!
U sound silly shorty... how u gonna say it "sounds nasty".? that dont even make sense.
3rd of all...why u type like u gotta attitude? with that 1st of all, 2nd of all Bullshh.
-Make bullet points if anything.
9th of all... Country Club section dont really qualify as da bronx.
*yawn* *burp* *fart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Such a stupid thread...not sure why people are getting so riled up over a poor man's Philly cheesesteak. I work with mostly black native New Yorkers and none of them eat chopped cheese. Just because something is popular in one part of NYC doesn't mean it's popular in every part of NYC.

Out of all the delicious food in NYC, why should anyone care about a chopped cheese?
Uhhhh yea thats the point. Its only $4. Its supposed to be affordable or as you would say 'POOR'.
Dont worry rich man u can get the $11 version.
WTF does the RACE of your co-workers gotta do with ANYTHING ?
Dont u got some "Make America Great Again" stickers you should be putting on your pick-up truck?

Quote:
You're not a real New Yorker unless you like crappy bodega sandwiches!
You just dissed almost EVERYBODY on this forum by saying this.
You get a BETTER VALUE with the bodega sandwich cuz they pile on the (ex. turkey) where as if you would go to Subway and get essentially the same footlong with only like 4 thin slices of turkey and pay twice as much for it. Ohhhh thats right your rich and dont care about VALUE / quantity.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:16 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,481,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateNYPD View Post
Anybody that lives in walking distance of a 'kennedy fried' is good my book. You official doggie. I can respect that. aha

You OBVIOUSLY do otherwise you would'nt be in this thread talkin spicy.
Why u askin me a question for? u see the title. Carry on then HIPSTER.
No response needed.

Whoooooooooop Whoooooooooop da grammar police is here !!!
U sound silly shorty... how u gonna say it "sounds nasty".? that dont even make sense.
3rd of all...why u type like u gotta attitude? with that 1st of all, 2nd of all Bullshh.
-Make bullet points if anything.
9th of all... Country Club section dont really qualify as da bronx.
*yawn* *burp* *fart*

Uhhhh yea thats the point. Its only $4. Its supposed to be affordable or as you would say 'POOR'.
Dont worry rich man u can get the $11 version.
WTF does the RACE of your co-workers gotta do with ANYTHING ?
Dont u got some "Make America Great Again" stickers you should be putting on your pick-up truck?

You just dissed almost EVERYBODY on this forum by saying this.
You get a BETTER VALUE with the bodega sandwich cuz they pile on the (ex. turkey) where as if you would go to Subway and get essentially the same footlong with only like 4 thin slices of turkey and pay twice as much for it. Ohhhh thats right your rich and dont care about VALUE / quantity.
Why are you talking about turkey sandwiches? We were talking about chopped cheese. Obviously if I wanted a hero I'd rather get it from a bodega than a Subway, but that doesn't mean a chopped cheese is anything special. And Philly cheesesteaks are way more popular from my observation even though we're in New York.

And I'm far from rich, nor would I pay 11 dollars for any bodega style sandwich.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:50 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
What's next Chee-dos pasta? Hot-dog soup?

Old 12-12-2017, 06:52 PM

37,142 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
What's next Chee-dos pasta? Hot-dog soup?
Is hot-dog soup what you get from emptying out the dirty water dog bin?

Old 12-12-2017, 07:07 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,671 times
LOL @ the post who brought up government cheese. I tell people sometimes how we used to get a big ass cardboard box of yellow american cheese (like the size of a large loaf of wonder bread really) and it was definitely government cheese. not sure where it came from, but my grandparents got it pretty often. Did it come in the mail? I grew up eating grilled cheese sandwiches literally every other day.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:08 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
Chopped cheeses are surprisingly good. I know for a fact Mott Haven has em

Old 12-13-2017, 08:13 PM

99 posts, read 144,009 times
Quote:
Why are you talking about turkey sandwiches? We were talking about chopped cheese. Obviously if I wanted a hero I'd rather get it from a bodega than a Subway, but that doesn't mean a chopped cheese is anything special. And Philly cheesesteaks are way more popular from my observation even though we're in New York.

And I'm far from rich, nor would I pay 11 dollars for any bodega style sandwich.
ok so first your saying u dont like 'crappy bodega sandwiches' then u say u would rather get it from a bodega rather than Subway. I gave turkey as an example. Your confused pal.

Also...i STILL wanna know why you felt it was necessary to mention the RACE of your co-workers ?
-which you convieniently curved
Lemme ask the BLACK guys at my job if they ever heard or had this 'chop cheese' thing. ROFL
Your the type of guy that says 'Im not racist , my favorite basketball player is black" ahah

Old 12-13-2017, 08:15 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Since when new bodega foods come out tho? Suspect.

whats the last new bodega food that came out before this chopped cheese? Can u name it?

SUSPECT

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-13-2017, 11:36 PM

37,142 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
My feeling is a chopped anything works out pretty well. I’ve got a bodega nearby that chops anything and what it means to me is a more equal distribution of condiments and being able to bite into a sandwich without pulling pieces of it out with your other stuff like a botched houdini tablecloth pull.

To me, if anyone wants to actually commercialize this, the chop is the key, not what you chop for it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City