Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 07:58 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times

Advertisements

The fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gYYqrC6LdU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dElgzVFPGhg

Old 12-20-2017, 11:57 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,635,068 times
I dont feel sorry for these people, if your going to put your familys safety at risk because of religion, then there is something wrong with you.

the hot plate from the last fire, really, you cant turn it off, im sure god will understand.

really, cant change a battery, im sure god will understand.

sorry, no sympathy for these stupid people and thier stupid religion

Old 12-20-2017, 12:12 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I dont feel sorry for these people, if your going to put your familys safety at risk because of religion, then there is something wrong with you.

the hot plate from the last fire, really, you cant turn it off, im sure god will understand.

really, cant change a battery, im sure god will understand.

sorry, no sympathy for these stupid people and thier stupid religion
I couldn't help but laugh, but I agree. While we're on the topic of religion and flexibility, when are Jewish businesses going to start living in 2017 and open on Saturdays? I guess I'm going to burn in hell for saying this , but I have a Kosher café near me that I can NEVER go to on Saturday because they close early on Fridays during the winter months since the sun sets earlier, and then close entirely on Saturday for Shabbat. Most of the employees working there are NOT Jewish, so they could certainly open on Saturdays just fine. While the area has a sizable Jewish population, we have other residents that are not Jewish that patronize this café, yet they refuse to open to accommodate the other patrons. I just think it's absurd that people are so rigid with following their religion in this day and age, and I did grow up with some Jewish friends, and they were never so rigid.

Religion is supposed to be about accepting, but it seems like the faith in question does nothing but says you can't do this, and you can't do that, and you can't eat this, and you can't eat that. Makes me wanna barf. I'm religious too, but I'm not going to let Catholicism rule my life. Give me a break. Live in 2017!

Last edited by pierrepont7731; 12-20-2017 at 12:20 PM..

Old 12-20-2017, 02:02 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Religions have caused a lot suffering throughout history, especially the three that came out of the Middle East: Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:53 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Religions have caused a lot suffering throughout history, especially the three that came out of the Middle East: Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
what religion are you

Old 12-20-2017, 03:42 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
They died because there was no smoke detector and everyone was asleep. If there was a smoke detector and it went off, everyone would have lived, even if there was 50 people in the house.
Bull****. I have seen people die in a fire that wasn't an inferno with a properly working smoke detector because they panicked. People panicked in that house and as a result, people died.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:46 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
SIUH-N is THE burn unit for Brooklyn and SI. It's considered one of the best in the city. My mother worked there for quite awhile and has a LOT of stories similar to this one. That's about all I'll say...
A friend of mine's sister was burnt in a boat fire 11 years ago on Rockaway bay. EMS rushed her to SIUH burn unit. They saved her from being permanently scarred. She was only 26 or so at the time. She was wearing a bikini top and short. Parts of her back, back of legs and arms were burnt. She was very lucky. From what I understand you can barely tell it happened to her.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
what religion are you
None. I don’t believe in stone age fairy tales.

Last edited by antinimby; 12-20-2017 at 04:00 PM..

Old 12-20-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Bull****. I have seen people die in a fire that wasn't an inferno with a properly working smoke detector because they panicked. People panicked in that house and as a result, people died.
So now it’s because they panicked. You seem to know a lot about what exactly happened there. One guess after another and see which one sticks right.

For the eighth millionth time, they were asleep when the fire started. Not having a smoke detector meant they lost precious time to get out before the fire spreaded and it spreaded fast. The fire blocked their escape routes. No amount of calm would have made any difference.

Just stop embarrassing yourself.

Old 12-20-2017, 04:14 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I couldn't help but laugh, but I agree. While we're on the topic of religion and flexibility, when are Jewish businesses going to start living in 2017 and open on Saturdays? I guess I'm going to burn in hell for saying this , but I have a Kosher café near me that I can NEVER go to on Saturday because they close early on Fridays during the winter months since the sun sets earlier, and then close entirely on Saturday for Shabbat. Most of the employees working there are NOT Jewish, so they could certainly open on Saturdays just fine. While the area has a sizable Jewish population, we have other residents that are not Jewish that patronize this café, yet they refuse to open to accommodate the other patrons. I just think it's absurd that people are so rigid with following their religion in this day and age, and I did grow up with some Jewish friends, and they were never so rigid.

Religion is supposed to be about accepting, but it seems like the faith in question does nothing but says you can't do this, and you can't do that, and you can't eat this, and you can't eat that. Makes me wanna barf. I'm religious too, but I'm not going to let Catholicism rule my life. Give me a break. Live in 2017!
As we're not in the religion forum, all I can say is if they are Orthodox then they can't open Saturday and there are numerous reasons more than some of their employees being not Jewish. But if you want answer as to why then go over to the Judaism forum and place your question in the 'The "Ask a Jew" thread'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: