Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 12:35 PM

12,188 posts, read 7,144,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Trump has not made an attempt to push infrastructure. In fact what he did push was a huge tax cut. That means there is no money for any major infrastructure push.

It took him nearly a year, but he did pass a huge tax cut.
Infrastructure is on his agenda and is coming. It probably is the next item on the list. I wouldn’t worry about Trump. I’d worry about the Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 01:32 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,844,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Infrastructure is on his agenda and is coming. It probably is the next item on the list. I wouldn’t worry about Trump. I’d worry about the Congress.
Where is all the money coming from that's going to pay for it?

He just passed a tax cut.

Congress is doing what they're supposed to do. They are no President's yes men, and yes Congress has not had a huge appetite for major infrastructure projects in quite sometime.

Old 12-31-2017, 04:06 PM

1,505 posts, read 997,189 times
Trump is a POS for doing this -- seems spiteful.

Old 12-31-2017, 04:10 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,141,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Law enforcement force resulting in death increased sharply during the years of the Obama administration.
Yes because ironically the first black president show a lot of people their true colors including law enforcement

Old 12-31-2017, 04:13 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,141,484 times
Quote:
Agreed. Obama fanned the flames of racial divide.
And this is how most white Americans are, completely unaware or care about racial injustice. in their mind or reality Obama created racism, America didn’t have a race issue until a black president. That in itself is pretty telling they think that considering history of racism is well documented

Old 12-31-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Where is all the money coming from that's going to pay for it?

He just passed a tax cut.

Congress is doing what they're supposed to do. They are no President's yes men, and yes Congress has not had a huge appetite for major infrastructure projects in quite sometime.
Part of it will be from the U.S. budget and part of it will be state, local government and private partnerships. The White House is working on the plan and will reveal it in a few weeks.

On one hand you claim that Trump is not following through with his infrastructure promise which is false because he is definitely going to push for it but then you say Congress won’t go along. So then the problem isn’t Trump, it is Congress.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Trump is a POS for doing this -- seems spiteful.
You don’t know anything. He just isn’t signing off on the flawed old plan. This will be part of his new infrastructure plan, which will be better.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
And this is how most white Americans are, completely unaware or care about racial injustice. in their mind or reality Obama created racism, America didn’t have a race issue until a black president. That in itself is pretty telling they think that considering history of racism is well documented
Wow, talk about ridiculous. How would anyone not be aware of racism? It is one of the most talked about topics and one of the top news subjects. It is pretty much what we hear and see all the time. You can’t even escape it even if you want to. There is not one person in this country that isn’t aware of it.

And to say that “most white Americans are completely unaware or care about racial injustice” is pretty ignorant and racist in itself. If most white Americans didn’t care, you wouldn’t have all the anti-discrimination laws we have today.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:41 PM

88,189 posts, read 84,024,464 times
Quote:
Wow, talk about ridiculous. How would anyone not be aware of racism? It is one of the most talked about topics and one of the top news subjects. It is pretty much what we hear and see all the time. You can’t even escape it even if you want to. There is not one person in this country that isn’t aware of it.

And to say that “most white Americans are completely unaware or care about racial injustice” is pretty ignorant and racist in itself. If most white Americans didn’t care, you wouldn’t have all the anti-discrimination laws we have today.
Good points. Without white people speaking up, black people would still be at the back of the bus.

We have to remember that the speaking up must continue.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:36 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,844,253 times
Quote:
Part of it will be from the U.S. budget and part of it will be state, local government and private partnerships. The White House is working on the plan and will reveal it in a few weeks.

On one hand you claim that Trump is not following through with his infrastructure promise which is false because he is definitely going to push for it but then you say Congress won’t go along. So then the problem isn’t Trump, it is Congress.
I'll believe it, when Congress actually passes it.

As for state and local government partnerships, they have to have the resources on their end and in their own budgets for this short of thing.

Yes, I am saying Trump has yet to present Congress with a significant infrastructure plan. I'm also saying I don't believe Congress will pass one even if he presents it. Congress doesn't have to wait on Trump to pass something on infrastructure. If they believed in it, so much, they could have already sent him something to sign. So I agree putting all the blame on Trump is not fair.

If I'm wrong and a significant infrastructure plan is passed I'll be happy to be wrong. But considering that Congress cannot do anything that would damage the big tax cuts they just passed, the math doesn't hand up for big infrastructure deals. Congress would either need to raise taxes or authorize massive issues of bonds, but that would raise the national deal substantially and also lead to tax increases as that debt would need to be serviced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City