Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 05:37 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Wow you're totally right, I even responded to his or her last thread from 2016 which is almost identical to this one. Their first post was in 2011 and also the same, he or she has a 3.5 million dollar budget and hasn't found anything since then?

This is kind of bizarre actually.
Not really bizarre. just another troll with a weird fascination trying to provoke reactions over and over and over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 05:37 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,209 times
As a gay male, I am curious about that. Why? What is your reason? Do you think heterosexual couples are lesser than you? I've noticed this snobbery in the gay community btw, so I am NOT shocked it now bleeds into segregation and kinda sorta heterophobia?

Old 01-07-2018, 05:38 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,478,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Not really bizarre. just another troll with a weird fascination trying to provoke reactions over and over and over again.
The bizarre thing to me is the spacing.

One thread from 2011, one from 2016, and this one, all about the exact same subject. When I was younger I used to troll a lot, I'd switch things up.

Old 01-07-2018, 05:42 PM

13 posts, read 12,813 times
Quote:
Wow you're totally right, I even responded to his or her last thread from 2016 which is almost identical to this one. Their first post was in 2011 and also the same, he or she has a 3.5 million dollar budget and hasn't found anything since then?

In 2011 we considered moving and just weren’t able to do it (also only had 2 kids at the time) Last year it came up as a possibility but didn’t work out. This time it is definitely a go if we want it (if we won’t move this time it’s not happening at least until retirement- and then my criteria will be different). Hence my post this time around is about specific schools. I’ve searched on insideschool but it’s not the same thing as knowledge from others who would know the actual schools.

Old 01-07-2018, 05:54 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssushner View Post
In 2011 we considered moving and just weren’t able to do it (also only had 2 kids at the time) Last year it came up as a possibility but didn’t work out. This time it is definitely a go if we want it (if we won’t move this time it’s not happening at least until retirement- and then my criteria will be different). Hence my post this time around is about specific schools. I’ve searched on insideschool but it’s not the same thing as knowledge from others who would know the actual schools.

You are probably also better off finding a local NYC LGBT parents board and or something similar to get information you are seeking. Gay and lesbian families here run the gamut from African-Americans in the Bronx to white hedge fund managers living in Greenwich Village. What works for one may not for the other.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:25 PM

5,813 posts, read 2,940,694 times
West Coast is where you wanna be.

Its sunnier there. Just better climate.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:26 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,329,886 times
Quote:

That or they stopped looking and are again interested. This could very well be legit. Honestly, considering that the majority of housing questions on this forum are about affordable apartments (for rent), the OP is barking up the wrong tree in asking this question. I’d also assume someone with that budget would want to use an agent (although $3.5M in nyc isn’t even that “big” of a budget...)

Old 01-07-2018, 06:39 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
That or they stopped looking and are again interested. This could very well be legit. Honestly, considering that the majority of housing questions on this forum are about affordable apartments (for rent), the OP is barking up the wrong tree in asking this question. I’d also assume someone with that budget would want to use an agent (although $3.5M in nyc isn’t even that “big” of a budget...)

Sad isn't it?

Have been looking at real estate prices even on some "good" but nothing spectacular parts of SI, and one million really does not buy much. You need to step up your game to nearly two million, but by that point you can just move to Jersey.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:15 PM

13 posts, read 12,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
As a gay male, I am curious about that. Why? What is your reason? Do you think heterosexual couples are lesser than you? I've noticed this snobbery in the gay community btw, so I am NOT shocked it now bleeds into segregation and kinda sorta heterophobia?

I don't think anyone is lesser, but it would be nice to have other families like ours around. I don't want to derail my own thread, but before kids we lived in a very gay neighborhood and frankly I miss it.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:21 PM

120 posts, read 186,319 times
I don't know what the prices of housing is in Chelsea but it's full of gay men. Seems like a place to start looking into. Greenwich Village doesn't seem as ***** as it used to be. I miss 1990's Greenwich Village.

I understand you wanting to go to a ***** area but you have to understand that queers are pretty much accepted all over Manhattan. It's really not an issue. There are lots of gay people all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City