Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 03:53 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,278,811 times

Advertisements

There are more pedophiles that are gay men than that are actually priests.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:16 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,892,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
There are more pedophiles that are gay men than that are actually priests.
Even if true, irrelevant. Those men are not using their positions as priests to give them access to children. Pedophilia and the church’s attempt to lie and cover it up have bankrupted the Catholic Church and chased away members and donations. Plus the church has had to sell substantial assets to settle these lawsuits.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Even if true, irrelevant. Those men are not using their positions as priests to give them access to children. Pedophilia and the church’s attempt to lie and cover it up have bankrupted the Catholic Church and chased away members and donations. Plus the church has had to sell substantial assets to settle these lawsuits.
But I assume these priests are gay men too. So I simply put them in the same bucket. I agree that the Catholic Church should not be covering up for and protecting the interests of these gay men that happen to be preists.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:05 AM

Quote:
But I assume these priests are gay men too. So I simply put them in the same bucket. I agree that the Catholic Church should not be covering up for and protecting the interests of these gay men that happen to be preists.
But the Catholic church did cover up for these men and allowed them to continue to abuse these children, making the Catholic church fully liable............

Of course the church is also responsible for making it's priests be supposedly celibate. Not normal for any adult to do, as all adults regardless of orientation need sexual outlets. So the church was forced to take responsibility via court action and shut down and sell many properties, including all Catholic hospitals in NYC, many schools, and other properties. Far fewer people were willing to attend church or donate money.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
But the Catholic church did cover up for these men and allowed them to continue to abuse these children, making the Catholic church fully liable............

Of course the church is also responsible for making it's priests be supposedly celibate. Not normal for any adult to do, as all adults regardless of orientation need sexual outlets. So the church was forced to take responsibility via court action and shut down and sell many properties, including all Catholic hospitals in NYC, many schools, and other properties. Far fewer people were willing to attend church or donate money.
I know. It is sickening that they would cover up for the practices of gay men. Maybe they should let them have relationships so that the profession isn't infiltrated by gay men.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:40 AM

25,368 posts, read 36,960,557 times
Quote:
But who would you hate next?
Donald Trump, natch.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Donald Trump, natch.
But from your posts it seems like you actually agree with him on many levels.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
I don't know about a firestorm, but if they aren't closed yet they may close soon enough with the way things are going.

Buy your bottle from Trader Joes!

Not soon enough to suit me...and the survivors are on the taxpayer's teat. My gripe was all the school time wasted on proselytizing Catholicism.

I have a very nice wine store: MR. WRIGHT'S FINE WINES AND SPIRITS (Third Avenue and 90th.) Trader Joe's only for Three Buck Chuck when I am in the neighborhood and drinking. Trader Joe's is, alas, a schlepp from the Upper East Side.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
But from your posts it seems like you actually agree with him on many levels.

Aside from my feeling that ALL immigration into the United States should be stopped because there is not enough work for the people we have much less more to drive down wages, there is NOTHING that I agree with Donald Trump on.

As far as religious schools go, Trump would support them with tax breaks and their right to enter politics. I, on the opposite spectrum, think they should all be leveled to the ground.

If I were an all powerful overseer, Donald Trump would long ago have been imprisoned or beheaded.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I know. It is sickening that they would cover up for the practices of gay men. Maybe they should let them have relationships so that the profession isn't infiltrated by gay men.
Write the Vatican a letter on that. But the problem is the top men controlling the church don't have relationships either. The police in Italy arrested some priests, and they caught them smoking crystal meth and having sex with each other. But hey, at least they were having sex with adults and sex with any consenting adult is legal.

The church would rather shrivel up and die than reform and let priests marry.....

So GOODBYE and GOOD RIDDANCE.

The pedophiles attracted to being priests are self loathing men men who are using the priesthood to try to cover up that have issues with their sexual orientation/guilt about being gay. Any decent openly gay person wants a man, not a child.

If the church didn't have it's anti gay teachings and then try force celibacy on it's priests, it wouldn't have had these issues.

In short the church is just PLAIN STUPID, and a horrible organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City