Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 06:37 AM

6 posts, read 6,725 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks

After reading in different forums, back from 2010 and up to date, the same question, it's amazing the 50/50% balance opinions for either live in NYC and work in Stamford or Work and live in Stamford and go to NYC during the weekends.

Common statements

-Stamford is super boring, nothing compared to NYC
-Stamford is Mud and NYC is Chocolate
-Stamford Housing is almost equal expensive than NYC
-Why live in NYC and commute to Stamford every day if you wont have time during the week to enjoy NYC anyway?
-The amount of money you will spend in train/housing/taxes by living in NYC and commuting to Stamford will be huge.
-I can tell you that doing this trip five days a week round trip will suck the happiness out of your soul.
-If you have a job in Stamford and commute from NYC, you're doing yourself a disservice.
-If you live in NYC and work in CT or NJ, your tax accountant will tell you that you're crazy.
-stamford=terrible, there is no way around this. i am also deciding between NYC and Stamford but being from -CT, I really don't want to live in Stamford (people are downplaying how bad it is).
-Why live in STamford and have time after work if there is nothing to do?

You see my point, how can someone like me, which is not from US, never been in NYC either, can decide what to do.

Some facts:
Im single 31 yo.
Im ok with sharing an appartment/room mate
salary before tax say 100k year.
Work is located next to Stamford Station.
Ofc will like to live in an area with something going on at night, not everyday but smth on wednesday-thursday.

I hope you guys can help to have a discussion that points me in the right direction.

thanks ladies and gents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: