Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 09:31 PM

31,656 posts, read 26,523,725 times

Advertisements

Well he is back in Ecuador but broke and busted.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/investiga...472147013.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 09:39 PM

33,423 posts, read 46,851,577 times
Interesting read. Man that Diamond District though, imagine all the back door stuff that goes on over there.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-05-2018, 09:43 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,549,929 times
Very interesting. I hope NYPD learned a lesson from this. Is kind of late for the guy to say he now knows the money change his fiance mind. Is kind of no brainer.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Interesting read. Man that Diamond District though, imagine all the back door stuff that goes on over there.

True dat!

Was amazed at how easily and quickly this guy fenced all that gold. All with nothing more than a saw from Home Depot and a bit of elbow grease. Apparently it is possible to "unload" gold easily if you cut it up into little bits as no one asked any questions and paid out cash on spot.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:02 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,947,401 times
Wow. I almost got away with it. I know if I was to do something like that. I'd go to Guyana and than cross the Border to safety in Brazil. No extradition between us and Brazil.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:00 AM

33,423 posts, read 46,851,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Wow. I almost got away with it. I know if I was to do something like that. I'd go to Guyana and than cross the Border to safety in Brazil. No extradition between us and Brazil.
How are you getting to Guyana? That's the hard part!

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-06-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Very interesting. I hope NYPD learned a lesson from this. Is kind of late for the guy to say he now knows the money change his fiance mind. Is kind of no brainer.

Senor Nivelo needs to face facts; he's been rolled by that female, and isn't going to get any more of that money. Guy needs to study history, read a book, watch some television or something; it is one of the oldest stories in the world.

Man steals or whatever a sum of money; leaves it with his "girl" while he takes the heat, only for the female to dump his sorry behind and keep the money.

As said before, Nivelo thought he was a player here in the USA; well he just got played.

At this point best thing to do is turn evidence over to NYPD/Feds and have that some piece of woman and her "husband" picked up, along with anyone else involved. If Senor Nivelo is stupid enough to attempt another border crossing his happy behind will surely end up in prison and not just for nine months.

Meanwhile being a few thousand miles away he has no juice over this female, and she's got the money.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post

Unless you know someone with a freighter or something, there was no way you're getting to Guyana with a million big ones stashed on your person. Even the egit Nivelo wasn't brave enough to "walk" across the border and make his way back to Ecuador with nearly a million in cash on his person.

Second problem is the one facing Senor Nivelo now; people know about his crime and widely believe he has all that money. So you're in some hovel of a country (Guyana or Brazil) where crime and more importantly corruption of LE is rampant, and you think you're just going to roll up with stolen millions and not give anyone a taste?

Old 02-06-2018, 07:36 AM

191 posts, read 219,137 times
I gotta tell you, with the kind of attention the story had when it came out a good manager would had gotten him some kind of deal by now, maybe he's not that bright of a guy after all. A book, a documentary like the above "i almost got away with it, even hollywood might come up something for him. He should hire and manager and start pitching ideas to the big guys here in the states/

Old 02-06-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycman9 View Post
I gotta tell you, with the kind of attention the story had when it came out a good manager would had gotten him some kind of deal by now, maybe he's not that bright of a guy after all. A book, a documentary like the above "i almost got away with it, even hollywood might come up something for him. He should hire and manager and start pitching ideas to the big guys here in the states/

Sadly NYS law forbids persons from profiting from their crimes. Two a program like CSI or something just has to change a few details and can thus easily make this theft a plot line for a story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City