Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 09:55 AM

402 posts, read 513,773 times

Advertisements

Long story short, I have a group of young tenants living in an apartment with a backyard. I have literally been receiving complaints all week regarding their parties. Other tenants are saying that the guests are ringing incorrect doorbells at 4am and that the music level is making the walls shake.

I’ve emailed these guys telling them to tone it down a notch but today I’ve instructed a tenant to call the cops on them since they clearly don’t give a crap.

Is there anything else I can do? I like the guys but people are threatening to break their lease bc of quality of life issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 11:26 AM

6,661 posts, read 5,927,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thgreatalex View Post
Long story short, I have a group of young tenants living in an apartment with a backyard. I have literally been receiving complaints all week regarding their parties. Other tenants are saying that the guests are ringing incorrect doorbells at 4am and that the music level is making the walls shake.

I’ve emailed these guys telling them to tone it down a notch but today I’ve instructed a tenant to call the cops on them since they clearly don’t give a crap.

Is there anything else I can do? I like the guys but people are threatening to break their lease bc of quality of life issues.
Yes!!! As a tenant who once had this complaint myself, I speak on behalf of all of *your* tenants when I say, "Break their lease and kick them out to the curb!!"

Seriously, these people are interrupting your tenants quality of life.

PS - cops don't give a crap either, so you as the landlord have to.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:39 PM

6,033 posts, read 4,384,631 times
You have to tell the other tenants to call 311 to log noise complaints anyone will care about. Then you should inform the noisemakers, in writing, that if it doesn't stop, meaning if you get ONE more complaint, you're going to start eviction proceedings. You have to mean it, too, since it can take many months to get a bad tenant out while you are losing others and getting a bad rep.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:50 PM

You both make very good points... ugh, looks like I’m going to have to get these guys out.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:50 PM

33,389 posts, read 46,795,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thgreatalex View Post

Get a landlord/tenant lawyer.

Why would you ask us what to do, business owner?

You can afford to give people a place to stay but cant afford to kick them out?

That property tax killing you, huh?

Go feed that bull**** to somebody who's hungry

Keep that **** on the Long Island board, bunch of delusional bastards on there with their village tax, school districts that teach the Mongolian language, and jacked-up LIRR out of service more than the SUBWAY because of a frikkin tree branch.

Lottery MoD

you pay your $5 too

FOH

I'm not playing with you saps on here in 2018

The truth hurts.

PS: did you get your STAR?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Last edited by SeventhFloor; 02-10-2018 at 01:02 PM..

Old 02-10-2018, 02:35 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,181,029 times
Its time for landlords to start acting like landlords and kicking the bad tenants put. Yes its work. But landlords that do their job gets tenants respect. The more respect you have the better tenants you have.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

Keep that **** on the Long Island board, bunch of delusional bastards on there with their village tax, school districts that teach the Mongolian language, and jacked-up LIRR out of service more than the SUBWAY because of a frikkin tree branch.

Lottery MoD

you pay your $5 too

FOH

The truth hurts.

I have a wonderful therapist who I think you would greatly benefit from since you sound so angry. Obviously today is a weekend and I had every intention of contacting my lawyer. For the record, I don’t qualify for STAR.

Have a great night!

Old 02-10-2018, 08:03 PM

2,578 posts, read 3,362,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

Lottery MoD

you pay your $5 too

FOH

The truth hurts.

Unfortunately I can't give you any more rep points but if you ever decided to run for office you can count on my vote

Old 02-10-2018, 08:59 PM

12,741 posts, read 8,162,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Unfortunately I can't give you any more rep points but if you ever decided to run for office you can count on my vote
And your $5...

Old 02-10-2018, 09:23 PM

6,661 posts, read 5,927,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
And your $5...
Or 20 - depending on whether he likes you or not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City