Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2019, 12:04 PM

450 posts, read 474,804 times

Advertisements

This is the tip of the iceberg. It's way worse than this.

Old 10-27-2019, 03:49 AM

100 posts, read 166,862 times
3 weeks on the job, took sup exam, failed of course. However I failed by only a handful of questions. A cpl more weeks of studying and I definitely would have earned at least an 80. I say that to say congrats to those that studied and passed. I also wanted to chime in on the catty bs I've seen on this forum. Stop the bs and act like effin grown ups. I don't care if you have a few weeks or 20+ yrs on the job. You guys sound ***** ass little kids. Grow the eff up. This forum is for useful info!!! Not catching ppl in lies or going back in forth. Even if you think you're in the right, from afar both parties look like a cpl of idiots.

Old 10-27-2019, 05:38 AM

324 posts, read 530,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx_2713 View Post
3 weeks on the job, took sup exam, failed of course. However I failed by only a handful of questions. A cpl more weeks of studying and I definitely would have earned at least an 80. I say that to say congrats to those that studied and passed. I also wanted to chime in on the catty bs I've seen on this forum. Stop the bs and act like effin grown ups. I don't care if you have a few weeks or 20+ yrs on the job. You guys sound ***** ass little kids. Grow the eff up. This forum is for useful info!!! Not catching ppl in lies or going back in forth. Even if you think you're in the right, from afar both parties look like a cpl of idiots.

More common sense here from a guy w 3 weeks OTJ than a supposed senior guy who apparently is still on baskets in Manhattan. Well said .
Btw most of the job has this mentality as opposed to the big senior basket mans view on things. He was right that there are some clowns, but they're not downtown ....

Old 10-27-2019, 05:49 AM

501 posts, read 584,560 times
Quote:
How have your first 3 weeks gone?

Old 10-27-2019, 06:06 AM

100 posts, read 166,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaco17 View Post
How have your first 3 weeks gone?

Best job in the world!

Old 10-27-2019, 07:20 AM

450 posts, read 474,804 times
Random person on the net threw some bait and a couple of cheaters felt guilty and took the bait. And a downtown clown admitted that cheating is a thing but not "that" big of a deal. Mission accomplished.

Old 10-27-2019, 07:59 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnwhyme View Post
More common sense here from a guy w 3 weeks OTJ than a supposed senior guy who apparently is still on baskets in Manhattan. Well said .
Btw most of the job has this mentality as opposed to the big senior basket mans view on things. He was right that there are some clowns, but they're not downtown ....

Hey look it's the guy who came to this thread and literally CRIED that this job was too hard and his girl left him because of it. He also didn't like being honked at etc by the public. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Keep acting all high and mighty kiddo.

Snowflakes starting to infect this job. Go to 444 where you belong.

Old 10-27-2019, 09:10 AM

501 posts, read 584,560 times
Quote:
Best job in the world!
Nice cant wait to get on myself

Old 10-27-2019, 07:05 PM

63 posts, read 99,296 times
Congrats to those who passed, well deserved...I studied, but should've done more, scored 62, I got what I put in...Ill dm some of you to get some advice to better prepare myself for the next one...and for the new guys congrats good luck and drive slow!

Old 10-27-2019, 07:48 PM

3,731 posts, read 3,467,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bx911 View Post
Congrats to those who passed, well deserved...I studied, but should've done more, scored 62, I got what I put in...Ill dm some of you to get some advice to better prepare myself for the next one...and for the new guys congrats good luck and drive slow!
For the next one I suggest doing what I did. Get your hands on the "New Supervisors Promotion Guide" (Available on the intranet). Its 700+ pages but it's 90% of what you need to know. Start reading it a few months before the test. It will take a while. This way you don't rush and it sticks.

Second, read all of the DM's, GO's, PAP's, and OO's that come out daily. They should automatically get printed to the office printer at your garage and should also be posted for everyone to read. Ask your garage foreman where they are. Keep up with them.

Take lots of notes of critical things like how to tell the difference between all 350's, all section colors, vehicle types 25xx, 38xx, 48xx etc..., familiarzie yourself with DS's (DS100, DS180, DS181, DS249, DS779, DS997, and so on)

It's a lot of work, trust me. But when you pass with flying colors you will see it was worth it. If you really want it.

Some guys don't want it and that's fine, job isn't for everyone for various reasons. I don't make fun of them for not wanting it.

On the other hand, you sometimes get guys who make fun of you for wanting it when they don't. Oh well, just realize it's a sign of immaturity and laugh at it all off.

Good luck next time buddy.

Last edited by Werdywerd; 10-27-2019 at 08:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City