Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2020, 07:46 AM

324 posts, read 530,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman357 View Post
All that should be learned at your garage not on a public forum.

It's not a secret, our salary, differentials etc is public knowledge . It will be posted in the chief , online etc when it comes out just as it has in the past.

Rite now dont listen to any rumors as that's all it is. It will probably follow parity with the other unions raises .

Old 01-30-2020, 08:17 AM

3,730 posts, read 3,465,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnwhyme View Post
It's not a secret, our salary, differentials etc is public knowledge . It will be posted in the chief , online etc when it comes out just as it has in the past.
Oh you're one of those. You just got on the Job yesterday and know it all huh.

You must be a pleasure to work with.

Again this thread is for NEW GUYS and GALS trying to get on the job, none of what you are talking about is relevant to getting on the job. This is all stuff they will learn once hired and there is no need to talk about contract negotiations on a public forum.

Wanna know the latest with the contract? Actually talk to people at your district and maybe even your shop steward.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Oh you're one of those. You just got on the Job yesterday and know it all huh.

You must be a pleasure to work with.

Again this thread is for NEW GUYS and GALS trying to get on the job, none of what you are talking about is relevant to getting on the job. This is all stuff they will learn once hired and there is no need to talk about contract negotiations on a public forum.

Wanna know the latest with the contract? Actually talk to people at your district and maybe even your shop steward.

LOL

Actually nope nope and nope , nobody knows anything rite now bruh. And the contract affects new hires so as a new hire I'd want to know what contract I'm getting. Before i got on I researched my contract to know what I should be expecting.
Another keyboard warrior lol

Old 01-30-2020, 09:50 AM

450 posts, read 474,698 times
alll you "this is a public forum" guys crack me up! you are the same guys that go home and confess everything to your wives boyfriend lol buncha instagram "$now money$" clowns

Old 01-30-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgarbage View Post
alll you "this is a public forum" guys crack me up! you are the same guys that go home and confess everything to your wives boyfriend lol buncha instagram "$now money$" clowns
LOL truth. I wanna punch them thru the computer when I see that. Theres some things u really shouldn't talk about on a public forum ,Facebook, insta, open for all to see, as with any city agency. However our very public salary is probably okay to talk about . Were paid a fair wage that we deserve , and that is well known and easy to find out. Just like theres ems guys who rant they're salary is too low, which it is.
I knew all about my contract and tier before I took this job . Youd be a fool not to do as much research as possible.

To answer the question about our new contract....even the union reps dont know rite now 100% . If u ask the union rep, garage shop steward and business agent, you'll get 3 different answers. The only thing that they all say is well.prob get what the other dsny unions got , which would put our top pay ( again public knowledge) at 83k-85k and starting pay low 40s annually. And they're trying to get rid of SS offset but honestly i dont think well know that answer til we reach that age.
Hope no one gets offended lol

Old 01-30-2020, 11:05 AM

offset has got to go. There's no debating that. If it means doubling our contribution then so be it. How they ok'd that scam to begin with just blows my mind. im sure somebody along the way took their cut in selling us out. absolute disgrace if you ask me.

Old 01-30-2020, 12:01 PM

264 posts, read 503,991 times
Quote:
offset has got to go. There's no debating that. If it means doubling our contribution then so be it. How they ok'd that scam to begin with just blows my mind. im sure somebody along the way took their cut in selling us out. absolute disgrace if you ask me.
I think they are waiting for more people to be in the new tier so they have more bargaining power over the offset. Hard to fight for something when only 20% of the workers are affected. But at least that number grows with every new class so shouldnt be too long.

Old 01-30-2020, 04:39 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,465,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnwhyme View Post
LOL truth. I wanna punch them thru the computer when I see that.
Who do you want to punch?

Old 01-30-2020, 06:46 PM

I wanna punch the offset. Also gotta be more than 20% our tiers been around for a while 8years?

Old 01-31-2020, 03:12 AM

264 posts, read 503,991 times
Quote:
I wanna punch the offset. Also gotta be more than 20% our tiers been around for a while 8years?
I dont know the exact numbers lol point I was trying to make is we need more people (most likely a majority) in the new tier so the union has a better shot at winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City