Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 05:48 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
This thread is golden; please keep up the good work guys.

Where's pierrepont with the replies, I need this thread to stay alive.
Am making dinner... Maybe in a neighborhood near you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 06:08 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,641,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventhfloor View Post
ya’ll still scared of the bronx lol

and ya’ll wanna be real new yorkers

real new yorkers go anywhere

f ya’ll problem
😂😂

Old 03-02-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeadon718 View Post
It's a race thing somewhat, maybe personal experiences, etc. Some people haven't been in NYC in years, so their opinion is maybe based on something that happened in 1991. Either way in 2018 no place in NYC is dangerous. If you have basic street smarts you won't be a victim unless you are an innocent bystander....

Anybody that's scared of any NYC hood in 2018 is a wussy. There are some other cities in this country that are far worse.
Well Ive been to the south side of Chicago, Baltimore & Detroit and I can tell you that it has plenty similarities to the Bronx. It is hood and you can find plenty of trouble. I'm not a wussy but it's not like getting mugged is difficult to get done in NYC. There are plenty of dangerous people out there. Chicago violence Is mostly all gang related, one criminal to another. There are plenty of innocent tArgets in NYC if you read the news.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:14 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,562,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
Well Ive been to the south side of Chicago, Baltimore & Detroit and I can tell you that it has plenty similarities to the Bronx. It is good and you can find plenty of trouble. I'm not a wussy but it's not like getting mugged is difficult to get done in NYC. There are plenty of dangerous people out there.
The difference is that NYPD is a competent police department. The same can't be said about the other cities....

Old 03-02-2018, 06:16 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,562,959 times
NYPD don't play they are on your @$S if you commit a heinous crime. But in those other cities you will most likely get away with murder unless you are a dumb criminal.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:21 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Well Ive been to the south side of Chicago, Baltimore & Detroit and I can tell you that it has plenty similarities to the Bronx. It is hood and you can find plenty of trouble. I'm not a wussy but it's not like getting mugged is difficult to get done in NYC. There are plenty of dangerous people out there. Chicago violence Is mostly all gang related, one criminal to another. There are plenty of innocent tArgets in NYC if you read the news.
Been to and living there are two different things. And honestly by your description I don't think you even went to Hunts Point cause as someone who lives around there what you talk about isn't real.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeadon718 View Post
NYPD don't play they are on your @$S if you commit a heinous crime. But in those other cities you will most likely get away with murder unless you are a dumb criminal.
Key word is heinous crime. Sleazeballs and low lives are all over NYC and it may give off enough of a sketchy vibe to make suburbanites & transplants scared. I have relatives in NYC that think it's unsafe and full of the dregs of society. I guess they consider this ahead of the wealth & capital that exists in NYC.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:29 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Key word is heinous crime. Sleazeballs and low lives are all over NYC and it may give off enough of a sketchy vibe to make suburbanites & transplants scared. I have relatives in NYC that think it's unsafe and full of the dregs of society. I guess they consider this ahead of the wealth & capital that exists in NYC.
Sounds like you need to leave the city life for the burbs.

The OP is the same guy who complained about the trains and the drugs in midtown, and other random sheeeeeet that is like nothing compare to what it used to be. You need to either grow some thicker skin and accept what happens in major cities or pack your bags,and buy a house in a gated community in NJ.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:42 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Seriously what is wrong with people on this thread. Its the Bronx in 2018. Good gosh, I have more balls apparently then all the men on this thread.
Like come on, if you're like really pale and you go into that sort of area people start staring! I've been to many places in Latin America, even in not the best neighborhoods, yet I never felt so out of place like whenever I go to that sort of neighborhood

Old 03-02-2018, 07:59 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Like come on, if you're like really pale and you go into that sort of area people start staring! I've been to many places in Latin America, even in not the best neighborhoods, yet I never felt so out of place like whenever I go to that sort of neighborhood
Duh... Latin Americans idiolize whites so I'm sure they were glad to see you, pasty and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City