Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 09:27 PM

8 posts, read 4,242 times

Advertisements

The lady deserves jail. But so do the parents. Do you know how many times I would have died if my parents didn't teach me to triple check for cars before crossing the street? It really doesn't matter if you have the right of way - They will plow right through whether you stop or not. Believe it or not it was worse in the 90's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 09:31 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast Corporation LLC View Post
The lady deserves jail. But so do the parents. Do you know how many times I would have died if my parents didn't teach me to triple check for cars before crossing the street? It really doesn't matter if you have the right of way - They will plow right through whether you stop or not. Believe it or not it was worse in the 90's.
I'm pretty sure the car did stop at the red light and then after it stopped it rolled forward and mowed people down. This is 100% not the fault of the parents. I think you can find video online. Check it out.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:32 PM

37,147 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
I think it should be expected that cars stop at the red light by default.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:53 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
The parents did nothing wrong. And the car was stopped shortly before the crosswalk, before it accelerated and hit the crossing pedestrians. Tragic incident. The loss of life pains me. That said, if the driver truly suffered a medical emergency and was not told by her doctor not to drive then, no, she should not serve (and does not deserve) jail time. But if her medical condition cannot be fixed, then she should never be allowed to drive again.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:58 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,330,254 times
Quote:
Wow, people really do love to victim blame...

Old 03-07-2018, 12:18 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,300,620 times
The driver stated that she was creeping up to the crosswalk in anticipation of the light changing and accidentally hit the accelerator. I think she is using the seizure as a get out of jail card.

Old 03-07-2018, 12:23 AM

152 posts, read 165,959 times
there's a VERY special place in hell for that person who killed those poor children.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:33 AM

1,521 posts, read 1,816,904 times
I can't even imagine losing a child if I had one. 9 month pregnancy, raising them to infants, then losing them like this is a terrible tragedy. The driver should be put away for life.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:06 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
Wow, people really do love to victim blame...
pretty sure this is a fake troll account

Old 03-07-2018, 05:38 PM

782 posts, read 527,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
The driver stated that she was creeping up to the crosswalk in anticipation of the light changing and accidentally hit the accelerator. I think she is using the seizure as a get out of jail card.
Where did you read that?

In this article, it says that the driver was foaming at the mouth when taken into custody which indicated that she was suffering a seizure. Also that the car’s “black box” showed that the gas pedal and the brakes were simultaneously engaged.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3861253
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: