Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 12:38 AM

575 posts, read 670,159 times

Advertisements

A friend is in town and needs stitches removed Monday or Tuesday. He is an American living outside the USA.

A dermatology procedure was performed and a few stitches need to be removed.

I would like to hire a nurse or someone who can remove them. Preferably in Williamsburg area but we can come most anywhere. Seeking a fair price for a few minutes of work.

Please post here or send a message. He will pay in cash and has the tools required.

Paramedic, EMT, Retired Nurse, even a Vet.

Thanks in advance.

If this is not the correct place to post this, please move it or tell me the proper place.

Last edited by TotalKaos; 03-11-2018 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: Added a sentence.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:55 AM

7,644 posts, read 6,445,620 times
try urgentcare

Old 03-11-2018, 03:46 AM

31,745 posts, read 26,706,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalKaos View Post
A friend is in town and needs stitches removed Monday or Tuesday. He is an American living outside the USA.

I would like to hire a nurse or someone who can remove them. Preferably in Williamsburg area but we can come most anywhere. Seeking a fair price for a few minutes of work.

Please post here or send a message. He will pay in cash and has the tools required.

Thanks in advance.

If this is not the correct place to post this, please move it or tell me the proper place.

For the love of God; just go to an ER or urgent care clinic and get it over with..

Old 03-11-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
try urgentcare
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
For the love of God; just go to an ER or urgent care clinic and get it over with..
CityMD on 23rd in Manhattan $265

UMD on Driggs in Brooklyn $165

Those are insane prices for snipping & pulling out a few stitches in 5 minutes.

It just doesn’t seem right for simple, quick work. AND IT’s NOT MY MONEY. I’m just trying to help a visiting friend.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:51 AM

9,242 posts, read 24,023,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalKaos View Post

Thanks in advance.

You can do it yourself with a pair of small cuticle scissors and a pair of tweezers.Just nip off the knot on one of the ends with the scissors then pull out with the tweezers from the other end. Clean up the area when done with rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:10 AM

12,751 posts, read 8,221,524 times
People are so damn cheap. He will pay in cash, but how much is he willing to pay? Either get insurance, PAY the money at one one of the places quoted, or as bluedog said, do it yourself.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:20 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,071,619 times
This may not be advisable, but you asked for ideas and this is one:

Go to craigslist under the resumes section and put "nurse" or "nursing" in the search box. It should bring up a few recently posted resumes of people who have that term on their resume and are looking for work. I would imagine out of work nurses are your target audience. I would personally avoid "medical assistant" resumes as they have barely any training. CNA's might be ok.

Of course if you go that route you should ask to see their certification.

There's another place on craigslist where you can post a gig, which is any short term job or job need like the one you're talking about. Then you'd have to sort through the responses. If it were me, I'd stick to the resumes.

resumes https://newyork.craigslist.org/d/resumes/search/rrr

gigs https://newyork.craigslist.org/d/gigs/search/ggg

For example, here's one under resumes: https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/r...524135707.html

Old 03-11-2018, 07:31 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,204,074 times
whats the law regarding whether nurses or drs can do this type of side job or "contract" work? is it allowable under their license?

Old 03-11-2018, 08:17 AM

1,258 posts, read 1,457,237 times
I don't think those prices sound so high for U.S. medical care. Just drop into one of the urgent cares and get it done. He can put it on a credit card if he's short on cash. This is easy. In and out.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
People are so damn cheap. He will pay in cash, but how much is he willing to pay? Either get insurance, PAY the money at one one of the places quoted, or as bluedog said, do it yourself.
Don’t be a moron. He lives in another country AS I SAID.

I don’t think he qualifies for Obamacare.

I’m just trying to help a friend; not get insulted by a jerk like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City