Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 08:46 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
No decorations or any mention of St. Pat's, I find it strange

Kids used to be all over it
Except for wearing green, I don't remember a lot being said about it when I was in school. We would see the marches in other cities but ethnic celebrations were not big in the south. We just considered ourselves American citizens. I don't know which country besides America I have enough to celebrate. Should I choose English, German, Scotch-Irish, American Indian, etc. I'm just a good ole American girl.

I think it is really dumb to start tearing down historical statues. These statues cost a lot of money and are works of art even if they were not part of history. But they do represent historical events whether you liked what happened in that part of history or agree with it or not. Are we only supposed to remember the good history? You would think in a free America, any statue or any history would be allowed otherwise we are doomed to repeat it.

I see a real threat that America could end up communist. The idea that certain words are offensive or we all have to think the same way because we have politically correct police telling us what is acceptable is a dangerous thing. I will like what I please and say what I please. If you don't like that you can deal with it any way you please. Shame on any of you being intolerant of the NRA which is protecting the second amendment. You are un-American.

Last edited by NCN; 03-24-2018 at 09:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 02:50 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times
I guess we should call it "Shamrock Day" to please the PC crowd!

Old 03-25-2018, 03:45 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
No decorations or any mention of St. Pat's, I find it strange

Kids used to be all over it
Gee, do you think that maybe they might instead be using that time to study something like arithmetic?

Old 03-25-2018, 04:27 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Gee, do you think that maybe they might instead be using that time to study something like arithmetic?
Elementary school is equally about emotional development and learning interactions with others and being exposed to different ideas and cultures. That's why they traditionally have had a lot of themed projects revolving around holidays and historical figures

Old 03-26-2018, 10:51 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC1024 View Post
I'm not surprised. Public schools in NYC have adopted a policy of "tolerance". We all know that "tolerance" means tolerance for all things not Christian in origin, and a particular level of tolerance for all things abhorrent to Christianity.

It doesn't fit the (liberal) agenda of the schools to teach anything about Patrick, a Catholic bishop who was instrumental in converting the pagans of Ireland to Catholicism. It's similar to the way Christopher Columbus, also a Catholic, has been denounced by the Democratic educational machine, who was also instrumental in bringing Catholicism to the natives of the Americas.
That's got to be the most euphemistic description I've ever seen of the rape, torture and genocide he wrought upon the natives.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:58 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I guess we should call it "Shamrock Day" to please the PC crowd!
According to the Anti-Defamation League, the shamrock can be a symbol of White Supremacy.

Maybe, just to be safe, we should call it "Green T-shirt Day".

Old 03-26-2018, 09:08 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
According to the Anti-Defamation League, the shamrock can be a symbol of White Supremacy.

Maybe, just to be safe, we should call it "Green T-shirt Day".
Hahaha!

Old 03-26-2018, 09:24 PM

34,009 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Maybe we should just call it "Let's Help Bars Across America Day"

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: