Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 10:00 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
um... ooo......kay? <looking around> I don't think I have ever heard a woman referred to in that way... ever.

Don't worry, I don't carry that kind of insecurity. Try again.
That is somewhat sexist, don't you think? So only man can be old farts and not woman. A woman has the ability, capability and right to be an old fart. #timesup #allgendesrcanbeoldfarts #notonlymenareoldfarts
#youareanoldfartIamanoldfartsweallareoldfarts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 10:10 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,757,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
That is somewhat sexist, don't you think? So only man can be old farts and not woman. A woman has the ability, capability and right to be an old fart. #timesup #allgendesrcanbeoldfarts #notonlymenareoldfarts
#youareanoldfartIamanoldfartsweallareoldfarts
I said I never heard that referenced toward a woman. And the guys who hit on me (in the 20's and 30's) don't feel that way. You're just jealous and trying too hard to find a button that isn't there. I posted my photos at the beginning of this thread. I have NOTHING to worry about. Try again, maybe when I'm 80.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:58 AM

3,403 posts, read 3,574,903 times
Quote:
I said I never heard that referenced toward a woman. And the guys who hit on me (in the 20's and 30's) don't feel that way. You're just jealous and trying too hard to find a button that isn't there. I posted my photos at the beginning of this thread. I have NOTHING to worry about. Try again, maybe when I'm 80.
Haha...jealousy it is. You sure did have a good life. Don't be afraid of sharing your thoughts.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
LOL. gotcha!

Old 03-21-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
LOL. gotcha!
Well explain yourself then? You were calling me names that you thought would upset me, because you know, "all women are concerned about their age." Well I'm not one of those women and have NEVER been one of those women. My vanity is elsewhere in other things. (And everyone has it.) So, if it wasn't that, then what was it? Why did you divert the thread like you did if it wasn't some ham handed attempt to be insulting? It's not like we are "friends" or even friendly. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a friendly gesture on your part since there is no evidence that we have that kind of rapport that supports effacing jokes. Admonishment aside; I'm more concerned that you think this is a way to get under my skin, or any woman's skin and what that means about the progress some men have made in this century toward being woke partners in this planet. We sure have a long way to go if this is what some people resort to.

Last edited by roseba; 03-21-2018 at 12:25 PM..

Old 03-21-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Well explain yourself then? You were calling me names that you thought would upset me, because you know, "all women are concerned about their age." Well I'm not one of those women and have NEVER been one of those women. My vanity is elsewhere in other things. (And everyone has it.) So, if it wasn't that, then what was it? Why did you divert the thread like you did if it wasn't some ham handed attempt to be insulting? It's not like we are "friends" or even friendly. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a friendly gesture on your part since there is no evidence that we have that kind of rapport that supports effacing jokes. Admonishment aside; I'm more concerned that you think this is a way to get under my skin, or any woman's skin and what that means about the progress some men have made in this century toward being woke partners in this planet. We sure have a long way to go if this is what some people resort to.
If the term "old fart" didn't insult you why even respond to it? Who said anything about getting under your skin? You interpreted as that and tried to defend yourself by saying that young bucks still mack it to you. lol

You said: "what that means about the progress some men have made in this century toward being woke partners in this planet."

Stay woke ma!

Old 03-21-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
If the term "old fart" didn't insult you why even respond to it? Who said anything about getting under your skin? You interpreted as that and tried to defend yourself by saying that young bucks still mack it to you. lol
Because no one has ever said that to me, and since our conversations have been more adversarial than friendly, why would I think you were being friendly?

I'll be friendly right now. Yesterday was a pretty awful commuting day. An MTA worker fell on the platform 20 feet and died. The trains were an absolute mess. I texted a guy who I met commuting and asked what his ETA was so that we can share a cab in. He was no where near ready. We ended our conversation with me making a joke saying, "Maybe I'll get lucky." (Lucky in finding some to share and actually being able to catch a taxi.) So later on, he wrote "Did you get lucky?" See, that was funny. But we already have a friendly rapport.

Old 03-21-2018, 01:55 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Youse guys wanna go grab a cawfee or sumthin'?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-21-2018, 01:57 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Youse guys wanna go grab a cawfee or sumthin'?
LMAO cawfee... That's such a New York accent...

Old 03-21-2018, 01:59 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
LMAO cawfee... That's such a New York accent...
You said it out loud, right

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City