Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 02:53 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,394,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Damn, I wasn't aware that was happening. Very corny indeed!

What exactly was your experience in Richmond Hill?

I actually like that song Trippie Redd did with Travis Scott
Richmond Hill is a Indo Guyanese (lots of indo Trini also) but in this area you’ll see Indians up and down the street blasting rap, reggae and soca and speaking Ebonics to eachother but whenever there was a confrontation with a black person all of a sudden they would act brand new. I recall one time a Guyanese Indian dude blasting reggae and called a black guy the N word with ER ending all because he honked at him to get out of the way!

Also when walking with a indo-caribbean woman down Liberty Ave, groups of the males would stand and look at you with a still face (often meaning they are disgusted by what they see).

I believe Bronxguyanese told a story one time on city data when he walked down Liberty Ave one time and a few Indian Guyanese dudes told him to get his “Puerto Rican ass out of here”. Lol but bronxguyanese is Guyanese just like them. Sometimes their ignorance makes them forget how diverse their country actually is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 03:01 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,469,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Richmond Hill is a Indo Guyanese (lots of indo Trini also) but in this area you’ll see Indians up and down the street blasting rap, reggae and soca and speaking Ebonics to eachother but whenever there was a confrontation with a black person all of a sudden they would act brand new. I recall one time a Guyanese Indian dude blasting reggae and called a black guy the N word with ER ending all because he honked at him to get out of the way!

Also when walking with a indo-caribbean woman down Liberty Ave, groups of the males would stand and look at you with a still face (often meaning they are disgusted by what they see).

I believe Bronxguyanese told a story one time on city data when he walked down Liberty Ave one time and a few Indian Guyanese dudes told him to get his “Puerto Rican ass out of here”. Lol but bronxguyanese is Guyanese just like them. Sometimes their ignorance makes them forget how diverse their country actually is!
Damn, I would hope that most Indo Guyanese guys wouldn't be like that. I haven't personally known any of them to be like that, but I'm sure there are some out there.

Richmond Hill also has a lot of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans, right? So the BronxGuyanese story doesn't really make sense unless there's more to it.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Damn, I would hope that most Indo Guyanese guys wouldn't be like that. I haven't personally known any of them to be like that, but I'm sure there are some out there.

Richmond Hill also has a lot of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans, right? So the BronxGuyanese story doesn't really make sense unless there's more to it.
I’m generalizing of course. I have many Indian-caribbean friends but if you study the history of Guyanese you’ll get an idea of where this behavior came from. Also the country today has a large separation of blacks and Indians in the country and politics play a role in that.

Even the community here in nyc is separate. Lots of Afro Guyanese live in black communities while the Indians created their own community in Richmond Hill/South Ozone.

Richmond Hill definitely is run by Guyanese moreso than Rican and Dominicans but Bronxguyanese was telling a story how he went to explore his Richmond hill simply because he wanted to explore his people side of town since he was raised in the Bronx and wasn’t really raised as a traditional Guyanese person. I believe his Guyanese heritage is Portuguese and Irish if I’m not mistaken!

But again this is all the result of colonization. The master putting their slaves against eachother!

Old 03-18-2018, 03:15 PM

34,001 posts, read 47,230,787 times
Quote:
But again this is all the result of colonization. The master putting their slaves against eachother!
#fax

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-18-2018, 03:21 PM

Oh yea back to topic but I am against everything that trippie red has to offer!

Old 03-18-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I’m generalizing of course. I have many Indian-caribbean friends but if you study the history of Guyanese you’ll get an idea of where this behavior came from. Also the country today has a large separation of blacks and Indians in the country and politics play a role in that.

Even the community here in nyc is separate. Lots of Afro Guyanese live in black communities while the Indians created their own community in Richmond Hill/South Ozone.

Richmond Hill definitely is run by Guyanese moreso than Rican and Dominicans but Bronxguyanese was telling a story how he went to explore his Richmond hill simply because he wanted to explore his people side of town since he was raised in the Bronx and wasn’t really raised as a traditional Guyanese person. I believe his Guyanese heritage is Portuguese and Irish if I’m not mistaken!

One of my Indo-Guyanese fb friends was talking about his on his fb, that the older generation can be pretty racist.

I noticed that too! Black Guyanese seem to be in East Flatbush and Crown Heights while the Indo Guyanese seem to be in Richmond Hill and Ozone/South Ozone Park . Although I have met Indo Guyanese from straight up black neighborhoods like Laurelton, and there are Indo Guyanese in my town (which is plurality black among the younger generation).

Also I don't think the black and Puerto Rican/Dominican communities are 100% intertwined either.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:54 PM

Oh and my point is that Richmond Hill has many Hispanics, so it wouldn't be unusual to see a Puerto Rican in any part of Richmond Hill.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:00 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,562,712 times
Everyone is talking about 6ix9ine on YouTube and social media...

Old 03-18-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeadon718 View Post
Everyone is talking about 6ix9ine on YouTube and social media...
I know, he keeps doing things that generate attention

Old 03-18-2018, 04:04 PM

108 posts, read 81,525 times
Not much, it's all business, I'd look like a rainbow leprechaun too if it means I'd be able to cash in on millions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City