Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 11:02 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
By George I think She's Got It
Not sure what you mean. What I wrote above is what I have been thinking all along, from the moment I bought the Parkchester condo in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 11:10 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,758,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Not sure what you mean. What I wrote above is what I have been thinking all along, from the moment I bought the Parkchester condo in 2008.
Except about being overly concerned about crime when it's one of the safest areas in the Bronx (that has a subway) and safer than many other communities in NYC in general.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy shopping at the Foodtown behind the Parkchester Macy's that carries Hazelnut, Hemp, Soy, Rice, Almond, and Cashew nut milk. It's all the rage in thug culture. That and the vegan sausages, Kombucha and Pink Himalayan salt.

https://i0.wp.com/bronxxroads.com/wp...fit=1280%2C800

Old 03-21-2018, 12:59 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
I meant that you finally have an understanding of what the crime situation is in the neighborhood.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-21-2018, 01:17 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,616,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
would give reps, but can't til i spread them around
Seriously, SeventhFloor gives me a good time. Let me rep him more. Damn forum limits.

Old 03-21-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
Seriously, SeventhFloor gives me a good time. Let me rep him more. Damn forum limits.
Thanks

I gave Reps.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I meant that you finally have an understanding of what the crime situation is in the neighborhood.
But my understanding has not changed. I am still concerned about crime, and have not reached my final decision about Parkchester. I stand by my previous statement that I would feel more comfortable if the average educational level of that neighborhood were higher (not the average income level, or a different racial composition of the neighborhood - I don't care about either of that), because higher educational levels are reliably associated with lower crime. There are a lot of well educated people who do not earn much (such as those in humanities and basic sciences, as well as professionals early in their career or after retirement), and I wish more of them knew about Parkchester.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
But my understanding has not changed. I am still concerned about crime, and have not reached my final decision about Parkchester. I stand by my previous statement that I would feel more comfortable if the average educational level of that neighborhood were higher (not the average income level, or racial composition of the neighborhood - I don't care about either of that), because higher educational levels are reliably associated with lower crime. There are a lot of well educated people who do not earn much (such as those in humanities and basic sciences, as well as professionals early in their career or after retirement), and I wish more of them knew about Parkchester.
That's my whole point, you do understand the crime situation there, because you understand the fact that you are not 100% comfortable there. It's frightening to live among people who make less than you, isn't it

Old 03-21-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
That's my whole point, you do understand the crime situation there, because you understand the fact that you are not 100% comfortable there. It's frightening to live among people who make less than you, isn't it
It is not at all frightening to live among people who make less than me (I used to make much less than me now, and will be making much less than me now when I fully retire). It is frightening to live among people who commit crimes. Read my last post again.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
It is frightening to live among people who commit crimes.
So I guess the Financial District wasn't on your top list of neighborhoods to move to then (let me know if you caught the joke)

The higher crime a neighborhood has, the less money the people have.

Unless your Parkchester "neighbors" are doing drive-bys in Maseratis

Old 03-21-2018, 02:33 PM

3,570 posts, read 3,758,430 times
Quote:
So I guess the Financial District wasn't on your top list of neighborhoods to move to then
I dunno. Between the guy mowing down people on West Street, and the shoot out in Battery Park, it has certainly been an exciting year. Did I mention this was in broad day light during a work day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City