Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2019, 03:16 PM

327 posts, read 447,863 times

Advertisements

Nassau County (10th JD) is canvassing again, for potential Dec or Jan start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 08:53 PM

Interviews for NYC Family Court will take place the middle of next week (mid Nov). Very excited to have another opportunity to meet the panel - hoping for a better result this time. Reading lots of LinkedIn articles/blog posts about interview tips, etc.

Any insights people can share about working at NYC Family Court? Specific types of job responsibilities?

Old 11-12-2019, 06:29 PM

10 posts, read 25,128 times
Default Grade 90

I am interviewing tomorrow for NYC Family Court and interviewing Thursday for Suffolk County Court. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that they go well. My last and only interviews were in May and June! I had received the "sorry, we have not reached your number" letter for both. Hoping for a more positive outcome his time. Good luck to you too LongIslandMatt.

Old 11-12-2019, 07:44 PM

@mcsilvers31, I'll be at both locales as well.

Thanks for the good vibes.

Hopefully there will be lots of positions they need to fill.

I'll acknowledge I'm not the best interviewer, but most of us aren't great at it. I'm definitely trying to learn how to get better at interviewing. What keeps me going is that we only need one interview to go really well, by which I mean leading to a job offer.

BTW, Queens County Clerk is canvassing now as well.

Old 11-13-2019, 11:47 AM

114 posts, read 310,050 times
How did everyone do at the interviews?

Old 11-14-2019, 01:32 PM

11 posts, read 18,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandMatt View Post
@mcsilvers31, I'll be at both locales as well.

Thanks for the good vibes.

Hopefully there will be lots of positions they need to fill.

I'll acknowledge I'm not the best interviewer, but most of us aren't great at it. I'm definitely trying to learn how to get better at interviewing. What keeps me going is that we only need one interview to go really well, by which I mean leading to a job offer.

BTW, Queens County Clerk is canvassing now as well.
Hello @LongIslandMatt

I've been browsing this thread for a while now. Trying to find others that took and passed the 45-793 Court RA exam. Do you know anything about this exam? As I notice you're fairly active in this thread.

I took this exam a few years ago. And passed with a score of 80.6 giving me a rank number of 425.

A few weeks ago, I was told that the the list for this exam is still active. The last Court Revenue Assistant rank number for the eligible list was 309.

Is there anyone else here that took that exam? Just wondering if I have a shot at being called. And if my number is close to being reached.

Old 11-14-2019, 04:07 PM

@iamsoho,

sorry, I know nothing about the 45-793 Court RA exam.

I'd go directly to the source (OCA?), but maybe you'll find someone on here who's a RA or took the same exam.

I've probably been a little too active on this board.

I'm going to try to take a little hiatus and see what happens in the next few months in terms of recruiting/hiring.

Old 11-14-2019, 10:43 PM

10 posts, read 25,128 times
The interviews went pretty well but I feel it's a crap shoot. You just don't know what or who they are looking for any given time. Suffolk definitely has multiple jobs they are trying to fill. They say they will notify accepted candidates by late next week and you need to be prepared to go to central islip or riverhead. I'll take any location, I just want in. I thought the city family court went well too but there are too many variables. Thanks for asking! Good to know about queens county, thanks for that bit of info. Good Luck to All!

Old 11-15-2019, 11:59 AM

@mcsilvers, I felt much the same. Better about Suffolk than about NYC Family Courts, totally different kind of interview and overall vibe, but it's out of my hands and I just have to hope for the best.

Yes, Jamaica is an easy commute for me, Queens County Clerk is 3 blocks from the LIRR station, but we have to take everything step by step. I don't even assume I get an interview anymore, let alone a job offer.

Old 11-15-2019, 05:24 PM

11 posts, read 18,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandMatt View Post
@iamsoho,

sorry, I know nothing about the 45-793 Court RA exam.

I'd go directly to the source (OCA?), but maybe you'll find someone on here who's a RA or took the same exam.

I've probably been a little too active on this board.

I'm going to try to take a little hiatus and see what happens in the next few months in terms of recruiting/hiring.
@LongIslandMatt Thanks so much man. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I understand what you mean, it can be hard staying away. Especially when you feel like you're so close lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City