Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2021, 06:36 AM

32 posts, read 55,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommiemarie View Post
Mellyrose and Favor,

This is not a feasible for all, but if you have the ability to relocate, folks with ranks in the 15xxs are being interviewed and hired in the 5th, 6th, & 7th, including Cortland, Madison County, Rochester, Auburn, Ithaca, Oneida, etc.

Good luck!
-Marie
Rochester is only an hour away, unfortunately, I am not able to relocate or commute that far at the moment, but thanks for the info!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2021, 09:42 AM

55 posts, read 74,457 times
GOOD LUCK to everyone interviewing this week and next week in any district. I am so nervous but thrilled to have the opportunity!!!

Old 11-01-2021, 01:19 PM

32 posts, read 55,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellyrose1025 View Post
GOOD LUCK to everyone interviewing this week and next week in any district. I am so nervous but thrilled to have the opportunity!!!
Good luck to you!!!!

Old 11-04-2021, 09:55 AM

I have a feeling I asked this question before so forgive me. But how long after the interview did you receive a you got the job or too bad? I just had my virtual interview and I think it went terrible. Ugh.

Old 11-04-2021, 11:39 AM

19 posts, read 26,057 times
Quote:
I have a feeling I asked this question before so forgive me. But how long after the interview did you receive a you got the job or too bad? I just had my virtual interview and I think it went terrible. Ugh.
No worries. Sorry to hear that you're not feeling optimistic/confident about how the interview went. Do you mind if I ask why you feel that way?

I last interviewed in May of 2019 and I received notice that I wasn't selected a few weeks later (~2-3 weeks).

Old 11-04-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante28 View Post
No worries. Sorry to hear that you're not feeling optimistic/confident about how the interview went. Do you mind if I ask why you feel that way?

I last interviewed in May of 2019 and I received notice that I wasn't selected a few weeks later (~2-3 weeks).

I wasn't prepared for the questions. They caught me off guard and I don't know if I answered them well. I am also fighting a terrible head/chest cold so I wasn't "all there"

Old 11-04-2021, 11:54 AM

19 posts, read 26,057 times
Quote:
I wasn't prepared for the questions. They caught me off guard and I don't know if I answered them well. I am also fighting a terrible head/chest cold so I wasn't "all there"
I understand, and I hope things work out in your favor. If not, at the very least, you learned a bit more about their process and can be better prepared for the next interview.

Also, I hope you feel better soon!

Old 11-05-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandMatt View Post
I've been hired in Nassau! Question for the group - how does the pension work? If I work for 20 years, would my pension be 40% of my average final 3 years' earnings?

Does the peace officer designation change anything in terms of the pension vs non-peace officer titles? I was asked in the interview if I'd feel comfortable being trained as and serving as a peace officer. I am, and I said "yes" to both questions.
I know this is old. But how long after your interview did you get notified you were hired? Did they call, send an email, letter? I interviewed in Nassau yesterday and I am curious what the turn around time is. Thank you!

Old 11-06-2021, 12:37 PM

327 posts, read 456,594 times
@Mellyrose1025,

It really just depends on how fast they're moving and how fast applicants who are offered positions get back to them. They may want to see who accepts offers first and where they can be assigned before making a final decision on your candidacy.

Every rejection I received was by mail.
When I was finally hired, I received a phone call from an assistant to the chief clerk.
I think it was about two weeks from my interview to when I was offered the job.

Old 11-07-2021, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandMatt View Post
@Mellyrose1025,

It really just depends on how fast they're moving and how fast applicants who are offered positions get back to them. They may want to see who accepts offers first and where they can be assigned before making a final decision on your candidacy.

Every rejection I received was by mail.
When I was finally hired, I received a phone call from an assistant to the chief clerk.
I think it was about two weeks from my interview to when I was offered the job.
Thank you for the information. I'm on pins and needles here. I suppose it is what it is. Just would like to hear sooner than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City