Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2021, 09:29 AM

9 posts, read 11,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandMatt View Post
@Citygrl108,

try not to be nervous.
It's a conversation - treat it like that.
Ask a few questions, like what you would be doing in a typical day, etc. Don't ask about benefits - that's for HR or the union.

Re time off, you're entitled to take time off for vacation and personal reasons and sick leave and all that - the risk you run is that if it's an extensive period of time then you might have to take unpaid leave. If you absolutely have to be away for a certain time then let them know that.

Thank you very much! - I'm only nervous due to me being in my current position for 15+ years and have not been on an interview in so long. The days are actually vacation time I already scheduled and booked as due to covid didn't go anywhere lasts year. I can take an unpaid leave. But hoping that doesn't dampen their idea of myself. Let's see what happens next. Only time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2021, 03:58 AM

55 posts, read 74,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGrl108 View Post
Thank you very much! - I'm only nervous due to me being in my current position for 15+ years and have not been on an interview in so long. The days are actually vacation time I already scheduled and booked as due to covid didn't go anywhere lasts year. I can take an unpaid leave. But hoping that doesn't dampen their idea of myself. Let's see what happens next. Only time will tell.
Don't be nervous its a very exciting time!!!! I start with the court today! I am nervous. Lol.

Where did you get the canvas for?

Old 12-09-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellyrose1025 View Post
Don't be nervous its a very exciting time!!!! I start with the court today! I am nervous. Lol.

Where did you get the canvas for?
YAY!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! and Goodluck!!!!

It says New York in general and they had New York, Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx on it to pick locations.

How long do they usually respond after you sending back your application?

Old 12-09-2021, 05:45 PM

55 posts, read 74,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGrl108 View Post
YAY!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! and Goodluck!!!!

It says New York in general and they had New York, Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx on it to pick locations.

How long do they usually respond after you sending back your application?
Thank you!!! I'd say within 3 weeks or so. I had to have it in by 10/8. I was notified of an interview in 10/27.

Good luck! You got this. Just wait it out. This forum is incredibly helpful. Keep us all posted.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellyrose1025 View Post
Thank you!!! I'd say within 3 weeks or so. I had to have it in by 10/8. I was notified of an interview in 10/27.

Good luck! You got this. Just wait it out. This forum is incredibly helpful. Keep us all posted.
You're very welcome

Oh okay. Thank you. Just a waiting game which is ok with me also.

and Thank you and will do!!!!

Old 12-16-2021, 10:55 AM

64 posts, read 115,899 times
Hi Everyone,

I am going to interview at Yonkers on Monday. I was wondering if anyone know what questions do they usually as at these interviews.

Very nervous here. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-17-2021, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017CACandidate View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am going to interview at Yonkers on Monday. I was wondering if anyone know what questions do they usually as at these interviews.

Very nervous here. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
Hi 2017CACandidate...
I interviewed this week for the 9th in White Plains. Two in person interviewers and some from Yonkers and New Rochelle on video. It's really not an interview. Each locale went through some info regarding all the courts that are in play for hiring at this time and you can ask questions or volunteer info. It was no more than 10 minutes for me. Should know by the end of the month or first week of Jan. Everyone was very nice and there's nothing that would throw anyone. Very easy. Best of luck!

Old 12-18-2021, 03:28 PM

Thank you, IslesMan.

Greatly appreciate your input. Fingers crossed and will keep you posted.

Old 12-22-2021, 07:21 AM

Hi Everyone,

I interviewed on Monday, 12/21/2021 at Yonkers City Court. I had 3 people interviewing me. It was an interview. They wanted to know if I can and willing to take the if asked. And the job is mostly customer service dealing with the public. it felt more like a Jury Duty Summons request. it was definitely no more than 10 minutes. The position starts in January 20. Everyone was very nice. Best of Luck to all those going for interview!!!

Old 12-22-2021, 07:58 AM

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how the Pension plan works as a Court Assistant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City