Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 08:59 PM

34,012 posts, read 47,240,427 times

Advertisements

Desperate crime......but what crime committed isnt a desperate one anyway

Smh

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 02:46 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,562,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
They're gonna check workers text and voice records and then see if they find anyone with criminal records linked and that's how they sniff out the robbers then once they catch them they will finger their accomplices.

They can also check street video footages and match the car and plates and see where it leads.

It's pretty easy how today the digital world that criminals are usually caught this way due to mass surveillance.
That's why smart criminals dont talk about felonies on the phone or text or social media.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:43 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeadon718 View Post
That's why smart criminals dont talk about felonies on the phone or text or social media.
and they commit crime alone

Old 03-27-2018, 06:17 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
I have no idea if this location is really Manhattan or the Bronx, but I do know the newscasters in the Bronx are trying hard to claim this as their own. Funny, you'd think they might try to distance themselves from an armed robbery, but no, they are saying this happened in "OUR borough" like it's a point of pride.

I wonder if they do the same when some kind of crazy violence goes down on Rikers Island, like -- prisoners attempt violent escape and attack armed guards in OUR borough.

Police: 2 gunmen rob River Plaza Target store

Old 03-27-2018, 06:25 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I have no idea if this location is really Manhattan or the Bronx, but I do know the newscasters in the Bronx are trying hard to claim this as their own. Funny, you'd think they might try to distance themselves from an armed robbery, but no, they are saying this happened in "OUR borough" like it's a point of pride.

I wonder if they do the same when some kind of crazy violence goes down on Rikers Island, like -- prisoners attempt violent escape and attack armed guards in OUR borough.

Police: 2 gunmen rob River Plaza Target store
Most of the locals consider Marble Hill to be part of The Bronx even though it's not (at least not the entirety of the neighborhoof)

Old 03-27-2018, 09:35 PM

34,012 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Most of the locals consider Marble Hill to be part of The Bronx even though it's not (at least not the entirety of the neighborhoof)
The entire neighborhood of Marble Hill is in Manhattan. Where the discrepancy lies is Marble Hill Houses. 7 buildings are in Manhattan (Marble Hill) and the other 4 are in the Bronx (Kingsbridge).

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-07-2018, 04:01 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
225th street location

Manager was counting money about 8 this morning. Two people came in and got him for the money. Insideeee job
UPDATE: they got away with $350K

VIDEO HERE https://abcn.ws/2HfN1Fw

2 suspects sought who stole $350,000 from Target

Two suspects who in broad daylight stole nearly $350,000 from a Target in New York City are being sought by both the FBI and New York police.

Two masked men entered the vault room of a Target department store in the Bronx in New York City at around 8:15 a.m. on March 26, authorities said.

They stuffed what turned out to be almost $350,000 into a duffel bag and ran out of the store, hopping onto a blue-and-white motorcycle to get away, authorities said. No Target customer or employees were hurt in the robbery.

The FBI and the NYPD's violent crime task force are investigating and consider the pair armed and dangerous.

2 suspects sought who stole $350,000 from Target - ABC News

Old 04-07-2018, 04:41 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
UPDATE: they got away with $350K

VIDEO HERE https://abcn.ws/2HfN1Fw

2 suspects sought who stole $350,000 from Target

Two suspects who in broad daylight stole nearly $350,000 from a Target in New York City are being sought by both the FBI and New York police.

Two masked men entered the vault room of a Target department store in the Bronx in New York City at around 8:15 a.m. on March 26, authorities said.

They stuffed what turned out to be almost $350,000 into a duffel bag and ran out of the store, hopping onto a blue-and-white motorcycle to get away, authorities said. No Target customer or employees were hurt in the robbery.

The FBI and the NYPD's violent crime task force are investigating and consider the pair armed and dangerous.

2 suspects sought who stole $350,000 from Target - ABC News
Why was the store holding that much money? They should have daily deposits via armed truck. I am surprised that they receive that much cash with credit/debit/apple pay..

The guys were smart. They hid their face pretty good and left on a bike.

Old 04-07-2018, 04:51 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The User Formerly Known as Mr. Ryu View Post
Why was the store holding that much money? They should have daily deposits via armed truck. I am surprised that they receive that much cash with credit/debit/apple pay..

The guys were smart. They hid their face pretty good and left on a bike.
I'm not surprised. So many foreigners coming here and they don't want to pay the exchange rate every time they swipe with their card, so they pay for everything in cash. That and immigrants that don't have bank accounts. I stopped by Joe Coffee this morning. Paid for my items with my debit card, but everyone after me paid in cash and they were all tourists or foreigners.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:13 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
If they are smart, they would've used both a stolen motorcycle and fake plates. And they won't go around spending large sums of money at once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: