Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Easy question
Parkchester 3 18.75%
Parkchester 1 6.25%
Parkchester 3 18.75%
Billionaires row, nah I’m just kidding. Parkchester baby! All day everyday! 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 06:59 AM

8,333 posts, read 4,372,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
SeventhFloor, what kind of moderator are you to let the same person repeat the same hype about the same housing development over and over again when the rest of us are trying to enjoy the dark humor that lets people be NYers without going crazy?
Not sure who is "hyping a housing development". There are two condo associations, Parkchester South and Parkchester North. There is no "housing development" if by that you mean a subsidized housing project. I am concerned about residual crime in Parkchester area (not generally the condo complex, but mostly just west of the condo complex, the area where most police blog reports come from), which is hardly "hyping" it. I know what people similar to me tend to like and look for, so am giving out a very realistic information about Parkchester for that kind of people (I have actually received private messages from a few people asking more about it).

You guys seem to be unaware of anything between being ghetto and being a billionaire (which actually is the type of ignorance that one encounters in a ghetto: a belief that you can be either on welfare or very rich, and anybody who is very rich has acquired the $ by some dishonest means, so crime is the only gainful occupation that exists). Are you guys all from ghetto, considering that you appear to hold this kind of belief?

Incidentally, there is a website where academic people rent out their homes when they go for sabbatical (usually one year), and there is one 2-bdrm Parkchester unit listed on that website, so somebody else of my kind obviously thinks the same way as I do about Parkchester :-).

A joke stops being a joke when it is repeated over and over again - most people tend to learn that around the age of 3 to 4 (there are indeed adults who repeat unfunny jokes forever, which is either a symptom of damage to frontal lobes of the brain, or associated with subnormal intelligence). So, your "humor" is either a sign of stupidity, or not intended to be humorous at all, but deliberately hostile - actually, I suspect it is the combination of both.

Last edited by elnrgby; 04-07-2018 at 07:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 07:54 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Not sure who is "hyping a housing development". There are two condo associations, Parkchester South and Parkchester North. There is no "housing development" if by that you mean a subsidized housing project. I am concerned about residual crime in Parkchester area (not generally the condo complex, but mostly just west of the condo complex, the area where most police blog reports come from), which is hardly "hyping" it. I know what people similar to me tend to like and look for, so am giving out a very realistic information about Parkchester for that kind of people (I have actually received private messages from a few people asking more about it).

You guys seem to be unaware of anything between being ghetto and being a billionaire (which actually is the type of ignorance that one encounters in a ghetto: a belief that you can be either on welfare or very rich, and anybody who is very rich has acquired the $ by some dishonest means, so crime is the only gainful occupation that exists). Are you guys all from ghetto, considering that you appear to hold this kind of belief?

Incidentally, there is a website where academic people rent out their homes when they go for sabbatical (usually one year), and there is one 2-bdrm Parkchester unit listed on that website, so somebody else of my kind obviously thinks the same way as I do about Parkchester :-).

A joke stops being a joke when it is repeated over and over again - most people tend to learn that around the age of 3 to 4 (there are indeed adults who repeat unfunny jokes forever, which is either a symptom of damage to frontal lobes of the brain, or associated with subnormal intelligence). So, your "humor" is either a sign of stupidity, or not intended to be humorous at all, but deliberately hostile - actually, I suspect it is the combination of both.
You just don't get it. How many bleeping pages do we need of you talking about Parkchester, crime, crime, crime? You say that Parkchester is only two the North and South Condominium, but I'm not so sure. How in the hell do you write so many posts about them?? You would think this neighborhood is like half the size of the Bronx.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
You just don't get it. How many bleeping pages do we need of you talking about Parkchester, crime, crime, crime? You say that Parkchester is only two the North and South Condominium, but I'm not so sure. How in the hell do you write so many posts about them?? You would think this neighborhood is like half the size of the Bronx.
How am I forcing you (or anyone else) to read my posts about Parkchester? By the way, I started only one Parkchester thread ever (on the subject of Parkchester being a good option for certain people priced out of Manhattan); all the other threads where I participated were started by other people, and I just chimed in the discussion. The threads were started by different people, who presumably would not know my other posts, so I repeated the same thing several times - so what, why is that your problem? And how am I "hyping" Parkchester by adding the concern of crime (based strictly on police reports, not on any imagination or prejudice) to various things that I personally like about Parkchester?

Okay, one more thing that apparently needs repeating: the two Parkchester Condo associations comprise about 2/3 to 3/4 of the area commonly known as Parkchester. The rest are co-op buildings and I think also some smaller houses (I don't really know because I don't have a reason to go outside the condo complex; when I am there, I only go to Manhattan, by public transportation. The whole reason I got a condo there is that it's near Manhattan - or near enough for retiree's purposes). There are no subsidized housing projects in the area called Parkchester, never have been - that I know with certainty.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:38 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:

It should be obvious many posters are indeed low income.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
It should be obvious many posters are indeed low income.
"Low income" and "ghetto" are two different things. Nursing aides and housecleaners are paid a low income, but gangsta rappers don't typically rap about nursing aides or housecleaners when they address "ghetto".

Old 04-07-2018, 09:02 AM

954 posts, read 938,650 times
Elmrgby, lighten up, dude. It’s just an internet message board. Again if you are this tightly wound and sensitive about someone you don’t know poking fun at a neighborhood in the Bronx you need to step away from the computer.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
Elmrgby, lighten up, dude. It’s just an internet message board. Again if you are this tightly wound and sensitive about someone you don’t know poking fun at a neighborhood in the Bronx you need to step away from the computer.
Dude, I'm not a dude, I'm female.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:17 AM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
Quote:
Don't call me ignorant. It's against the CD terms and conditions and I'll report you to the moderator.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
Don't call me ignorant. It's against the CD terms and conditions and I'll report you to the moderator.
I didn't call you anything, I don't know who you are, and have no interest in you. I myself was actually thinking of reporting the moderator of this forum to the upper management of the forum, for obvious reasons. Believing that the world is divided strictly into the welfare poor and the billionaires, that these are the only two kinds of people who exist, IS ignorance, no matter who holds that belief.

Old 04-07-2018, 11:09 AM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
And I have no interest in Parkchester, or any more of your posts on the subject, which are all, each and every one, EXACTLY THE SAME DAMN THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Along with insinuating that everyone on this board other than yourself is ignorant, you're now ascribing beliefs to us.

As for reporting our moderator, that's a laugh, because he's come to your defense, and encouraged others to respect your mad ranting and raving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City