Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 03:36 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,002,583 times

Advertisements

Lol....there has been a huge displacement of PRs out of much of the city, including the Bronx actually. PRs that remained did not "stand their ground" as you suggest, they are just the ones least equipped, least educated, least skilled, and least capable to improve themselves. They are stuck...not "standing their ground."

The areas of Mott Haven, Melrose, East Tremont and Hunts Point is hardly a PR stronghold....you should actually venture to the area and see the residents...a heck of alot of Mexicans/South Americans surrounded by lots of babies. PRs continue to exit, and those from the island are choosing better locales as well..like Florida and Texas. Dominicans and Mexicans are happily filling the void.

As for your comment regarding Dominicans, I cannot in good conscience agree that for everyone 1 "decent" Dominican there are 4 dealers. That may in fact be the case, but I have no evidence to suggest that other than your personal experiences...which is not reflective anything but your personal experiences. My personal experiences with Dominicans have been few and far between, but its those that are hear the longest and exposed to the ghetto culture that tend to be in the worst shape it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 03:55 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,047,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Yeah I'm familiar with them. But I'm also familiar with a lot of decent hard working as well as educated and professional Dominicans. A lot of the latter group being close friends and family. You need to stop hanging out in the street so much, before you get caught out there...Dandy.

Yeah and these decent Dominicans are usually over 40. The younger ones are all up to no good. From 14-35 forget about it. The teenagers are either DDP or Trini......the ones in their 20's are the drug dealers.....and the older ones are drinking with their pals playing dominoes on the block.

Well, what other way can I hang out with friends. Not good to have 9 guys in someones house. The so the corner is our destination. But besides a few drug dealers, we dont engage in criminal activity.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:57 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Yeah and these decent Dominicans are usually over 40. The younger ones are all up to no good. From 14-35 forget about it. The teenagers are either DDP or Trini......the ones in their 20's are the drug dealers.....and the older ones are drinking with their pals playing dominoes on the block.

Well, what other way can I hang out with friends. Not good to have 9 guys in someones house. The so the corner is our destination. But besides a few drug dealers, we dont engage in criminal activity.
I don't know man. I think you really could have benefited from dorming somewhere. You go to City College right? I think if you would have dormed somewhere and met people from all kinds of places and backgrounds it would have opened up your mind a little. You seem so freaking jaded bro. Too much time around too many knuckleheads I guess. I have plenty of Young (can't really hang with the old man in the club) Dominican professionals in my social circle. All college-educated and living positive lives.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:00 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,002,583 times
When you surround yourself with all the negativity that is all you can see, know and understand.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Lol....there has been a huge displacement of PRs out of much of the city, including the Bronx actually. PRs that remained did not "stand their ground" as you suggest, they are just the ones least equipped, least educated, least skilled, and least capable to improve themselves. They are stuck...not "standing their ground."
Some did not want to leave because they felt at home. They were sorrounded by family and friends and felt they can get through the struggle together. The Bronx in the 70's was basically another Puerto Rico.

Quote:
The areas of Mott Haven, Melrose, East Tremont and Hunts Point is hardly a PR stronghold....you should actually venture to the area and see the residents...a heck of alot of Mexicans/South Americans surrounded by lots of babies. PRs continue to exit, and those from the island are choosing better locales as well..like Florida and Texas. Dominicans and Mexicans are happily filling the void.
I may believe the Mexican migration but not the Dominican one. Most Dominicans cross the bridge and infiltrate the west Bronx and now the north-west Bronx. People tend to stick together. So why would Dominicans go to Mott Haven, where is Overwhelmingly Puerto Rican, when they can be with their own a little further up. Sure maybe a few here and there but the bulk of them are not going to the south Bronx. When I was in Mott Haven/Melrose throughout most of the summer all I saw were Puerto Ricans. The only Dominicans I saw worked in the bodegas. This was around 149th/148th around 3rd/Brook ave. But you're kidding me if you're telling me that those neighborhoods are not atleast 70% Puerto rican/ PR descendant people. BTW, Mexicans are everywhere. There are some in my hood too, but not nearly enough to say they are taking over.

Quote:
As for your comment regarding Dominicans, I cannot in good conscience agree that for everyone 1 "decent" Dominican there are 4 dealers. That may in fact be the case, but I have no evidence to suggest that other than your personal experiences...which is not reflective anything but your personal experiences. My personal experiences with Dominicans have been few and far between, but its those that are hear the longest and exposed to the ghetto culture that tend to be in the worst shape it seems.
I think the ones here the longest are the ones who are better off. The real criminals are the ones coming fresh of the boat (Island). DR is not as strict as the US, so they think they can rob/assault/shoot at will here like they did in DR. These people dont have jobs and immediately hook up with drug dealers. They begin to sell and make money. The cycle starts.

Not saying the ones here are much better but atleast some graduate college.

But take it from me, I am one of those young dominicans. I hang out with them and Dominicans are all I know. Uptown and the Bronx Dominicans are really going nowhere and fast. It's a sad state they are in.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I don't know man. I think you really could have benefited from dorming somewhere. You go to City College right? I think if you would have dormed somewhere and met people from all kinds of places and backgrounds it would have opened up your mind a little. You seem so freaking jaded bro. Too much time around too many knuckleheads I guess. I have plenty of Young (can't really hang with the old man in the club) Dominican professionals in my social circle. All college-educated and living positive lives.
The towers in City are expensive. I would have like to move away because there are alot of distractions here. All I can do is graduate and move out.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:23 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
The towers in City are expensive. I would have like to move away because there are alot of distractions here. All I can do is graduate and move out.
Well I meant any school not just City when I said that. Although I do realize cost was probably a major factor for you choosing City.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:31 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
What are the numbers so far this year? Anybody know?
I MISS HUSTLA718

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-26-2008, 05:38 PM

395 posts, read 490,514 times
Who is hustla78? Did he speaks the truth like some of us here do?

Old 03-26-2008, 05:50 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
he was the truth.....hard-nosed but very good on crime info. but i digress......back to the topic at hand.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: