Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 06:52 AM

375 posts, read 323,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funcrusher3000 View Post
Aside from the traverse roads like 79th or 86th, there's no reason to drive through the park. I'm all for this ban. I'm very much pro-car, but I don't think they have any place in a park whatsoever.

I live way deep in Brooklyn, but I do really enjoy central park. I try to go once or twice a year. It's truly unique how that space exists smack in the middle of such a densely urban environment. I think it's a fallacy that real New Yorkers don't go there, plenty of real New Yorkers love central park...they just don't go there for the zoo or for a carriage ride.
I agree! Its like an oasis in there, lol! You can people watch for days especially where that lil theater and all that seating is and where they dance on skates! I was there this past Saturday when it hit 75 degrees and it honestly felt like I was in a packed amusement park! Great place to pass time especially with a cute companion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 07:47 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
What's your opinion on Pelham Bay Park? I've never been.
Its like a park in a rural area. Not my cup of tea. The reason I love central park is you lost in the beautiful place of trees, trails, even a water fall in the middle of a huge city of millions of people. So you go, enjoy and when you want to step out boom your back in the city going full force.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:54 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Its like a park in a rural area. Not my cup of tea. The reason I love central park is you lost in the beautiful place of trees, trails, even a water fall in the middle of a huge city of millions of people. So you go, enjoy and when you want to step out boom your back in the city going full force.
Brooklyn Bridge Park is my favorite park in city because it on waterfront good for people watching.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:38 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
I'm not going to another borough just to walk around in a park unless somebody is having a bbq.

Can you bbq in Central Park? There are parks around my way that you can bbq at.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-20-2018, 08:52 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,915,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
This is pretty spot on. I grew up 9 blocks from Pelham Bay Park so it was literally my playground as a kid. There are so many places to get lost. It's lost a lot of its appeal....I went for a walk around the backside of the park proper (before getting into the trails/Orchard Beach etc, the back near the monument on Pelham Parkway) a few years ago and it was suuuuuuuuper sketchy - at 2pm on a Sunday. Lots of homeless and junkies.

I did used to love it though. I like Central Park but even when I lived 5 blocks away, I think I went once or twice. I'm not so into nature lol.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:01 AM

453 posts, read 317,797 times
Mayor Bill de Blasio is set to announce on Friday a plan to ban cars completely from certain roads in Central Park, which already has limited vehicle restrictions.

The mayor will ban traffic on a number of roads below 72nd Street that currently are open to cars during daytime hours, a source close to City Hall told The Post.

The restrictions, which will go into effect in June, are not applicable to the transverses that carry crosstown traffic through the park.

The current restrictions allow vehicles on the “loop drives” only from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. or 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. on weekdays.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/20/de-bla...-central-park/

Old 04-20-2018, 01:51 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Okay. So note to myself to never go north of 59th street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City