Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 08:04 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Wow that sounds serious and those employees must have awesome balance. Maybe he should have avoided high stress situations such as felony theft. I mean cookies are awesome, but hey I usually pay for them when I want some. It's crazy though no one stands on me when I do that.
Lol. Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 08:12 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Stop & Shop kept it 100% gully.

several witnesses said three employees of the Stop and Shop were standing on top of Nimmons, compressing his head, legs and chest as he shouted that he had a heart condition and couldn’t breathe.
https://definitions.uslegal.com/b/burking/

They killed the victims by sitting on their chests and suffocating them by putting a hand over their nose and mouth, while using the other hand to push the victim's jaw up. The corpses had only few visible injuries, and this made the corpses more salable to medical schools.

Family of alleged Stop & Shop shoplifter want employees held accountable for his death | WPIX 11 New York
https://medical-dictionary.thefreedi...ry.com/Burking

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/burking
List of why this method of killing is so well known!

By sitting on his CHEST leads to a Manslaughter accusation.... Lack of education and negligence of employee's who sat on chest, held down legs etc.. lends to COD!!

So in essence .. Employee's could very well be held accountable to Manslaughter... The guy actually hadn't even left the STORE and much like Cops sitting on CHEST of "Lucey Cig's " salesman who died> got OFF ... Normal people don't have the cloak of the " Blue WALL"!

So it's my understanding that Shoplifting means THEY have to LEAVE a STORE premises... It appears he hadn't even left yet. Therein a reason Stores have surveillance.. GUESS the employee;s were directed to detain without proper educations!!

Heart Condition or not.. Sitting on Head/Chest will cause even a heathy person difficulties.. if not brain damage due to loss of oxygen!! It's 2018.. When will workplaces EDU CATE employee's on how to deal or de-escalte confrontations? It ****'s me off immensely as I got such educations like 30 years AGO!!

Last edited by Lyndarn; 04-21-2018 at 08:21 PM..

Old 04-21-2018, 08:21 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
A more novel idea: no death penalty for shoplifting, especially handed out by random grocery-store employees. Or by cops, over some damn loosies.

So, so many people on this site suckered into hating the poor while the wealthy pick their pockets.
Or so many people here are too stupid to understand legal liability.

It does not matter that the thief was not a good person. You don't get to execute someone because they aren't "nice."

Those three employees are facing manslaughter charges, Stop and Shop will have to pay the man's family millions, and after these fools get out of prison they will never get jobs again.

It seems like a lot of people on City Data struggle with the concept of actions leading to CONSEQUENCES.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:08 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
People are quite funny when they caught doing something wrong.

The lady in the beginning is gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROyLMR0hsaE
OMG, is THAT why people wear those saggy pants? (Video at 2:30) Makes it easier to get away with stolen property after you stuff it all down there?

Old 04-21-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I have never worked retail except or a short stint in a small non-chain clothing store when I was in high school, so I'm wondering this:

Don't these large chains like Stop and Shop have employee training, and doesn't part of that training include what to do with someone suspected of shoplifting? I would think even if they have 20 minutes of training for each new employee, this issue would be covered during those 20 minutes.
Not all of these chains have employee training (as crazy as it sounds) nor do they all cover this. The other problem is large retailers will use temp agencies or outside contractors like security firms to do some of the staffing. So not everyone in the store is necessarily trained. Of course this varies on the retailer, and I'm sure definitely there are retailers in which all employees are properly trained.

This is an example of what happens when businesses are too cheap to properly train their employees and otherwise invest in HR.

We can be assured going forward there will be proper training at Stop and Shop.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
OMG, is THAT why people wear those saggy pants? (Video at 2:30) Makes it easier to get away with stolen property after you stuff it all down there?
It's rumored that the saggy pants is prison culture. That men with saggy pants are signaling the availability of their butts to other men, so they were their pants sagging so their inmates can see what's going on.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:53 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
"She asked, 'What's going on? What happened? He stole something?' He's like, 'I didn't do nothing.' And she pulled out her money to pay for whatever they said he stole, but they wouldn't take her money. So they wrestled him and he didn't want – he wasn't trying to be held, he was trying to get out," said Jacene McDonald."

If he has children, parents, or siblings, think CIVIL LAWSUIT. Think fired employees.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-die...r-shoplifting/

Of course no one has the right to steal. Period. No excuses. However employees should have called the police and let them come and arrest the man. They would have had him on camera stealing, and presumably the cops could have arrested him without killing them. Even if the cops did hurt or kill him, the store would not have been legally liable since he committed a CRIME and since they were doing what any victim of crime would do, call the cops.

Three employees took turns sitting on him? Honestly why would MINIMUM wage store employees think they have to be SuperMan or WonderWoman.

Ladies and gentlemen these are not the sharpest knives in the drawer, first off the bat the man did not steal anything , he was not a shoplifter because in order to be a shoplifter you have to leave the premise.

The rocket scientist astrophysicists only had two options available to them to take the merchandise back from the man , and send him home Banning him from the store... permanently , or to accept the offer of another Shopper and allowed her to pay for his merchandise.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:13 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen these are not the sharpest knives in the drawer, first off the bat the man did not steal anything , he was not a shoplifter because in order to be a shoplifter you have to leave the premise.

The rocket scientist astrophysicists only had two options available to them to take the merchandise back from the man , and send him home Banning him from the store... permanently , or to accept the offer of another Shopper and allowed her to pay for his merchandise.
lol

Old 04-22-2018, 06:50 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
The city would be amazing without stupid people!

It would be pretty empty.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:24 PM

3,139 posts, read 2,733,403 times
If you haven't left the store, it's only attempted larceny (still a crime). You haven't taken or obtained it while you're still in the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City