Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 10:26 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
They are going to flip it without doing anything to it. I bet it was bough as a short sale or foreclosure type situation.
Open house is on 4/29. Check it out.
I know you don't like Bedford Park but it really isn't that bad at all and that happens to be a great landmark block.http://s-media.nyc.gov/agencies/lpc/lp/2339.pdf
Just looks dirty and seedy in parts. Yes, it screams "Bronx", and not in a good way. I don't do urban neighborhoods, not even in Manhattan. It reminds me a bit of Kingsbridge Heights. Some "ok" areas, but you need to watch out for safety. The only part I find nice and interesting is by Grand Concourse by Van Cortlandt Avenue East, but that's going towards Norwood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 10:50 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,631,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthere22 View Post
they sold that house just a couple weeks back for almost half the price.

03/13/18 Sold $570,000
They are fishing then...Oh I see your post bluedog. Yes they will make a killing. I saw my tax bill go up recently and was going to contest it, but didn't find comps to support it.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:55 AM

444 posts, read 387,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Ahh.... I pay $1600 for a new studio for one of the residences I live at, and you two split $1750... That's like $875 a piece for the two of you. Many moons ago I was paying $900 when I got my first apartment in the States. Even in Europe as a college student I paid about $1600 - 1700 a month for a one bedroom in Italy. lol
Yes we split...see I was always taught that if possible regardless off living alone or with someone you should be able to handle the rent with one paycheck while still being able to eat and have the lights on.
Many moons ago it cost $.50 to take the subway. Times change. As do the way people live.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
They are going to flip it without doing anything to it. I bet it was bough as a short sale or foreclosure type situation.
Open house is on 4/29. Check it out.
I know you don't like Bedford Park but it really isn't that bad at all and that happens to be a great landmark block.http://s-media.nyc.gov/agencies/lpc/lp/2339.pdf
Pierrepont is a fan of suburbia anyway, but his extreme reaction to Bedford Park has to do with his dislike of me.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I said 750 or 800 and I'll stick to it. I'll even watch this property and report back to you. Whoever acquired it for 570 stole it.
I don't know, doing the math that house can't be 3,400 sf. At 3 stories the dimensions add up to a little more than 2,000 sf (like 2,187 if the walls had no thickness). I say high 600K at most.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:36 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
I don't know, doing the math that house can't be 3,400 sf. At 3 stories the dimensions add up to a little more than 2,000 sf (like 2,187 if the walls had no thickness). I say high 600K at most.
Well,if true then houses in Bedford Park are selling for considerably less per sq ft than in other much dumpier houses in much worse Bronx neighborhoods. I find that hard to believe.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:36 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Pierrepont is a fan of suburbia anyway, but his extreme reaction to Bedford Park has to do with his dislike of me.
Don't flatter yourself so much. I'm just not a fan of Bedford Park. Never was. I think parts of Norwood are better, particularly by Montefiore. That little block along Bainbridge is very charming.
Based off of aesthetics, there's only really a handful of areas of the Bronx that I find appealing as a whole:

Parts of Pelham Parkway
Pelham Gardens
Morris Park/Indian Village
Woodlawn
Riverdale
Parts of Country Club by the Villa Maria Private School along Country Club Road - Gorgeous houses... Looks like Westchester
City Island
Parts of Van Cortlandt Village

The rest of it... They can keep. Throggs Neck is suburban, but ugly. All of those cheap looking houses. There are some neighborhoods that look "ok" but only on a block-by-block basis. Kingsbridge Heights is an example. Along Sedgwick by the reservoir is nice, but go a few blocks south and you're in the ghetto.

The Bronx needs more Country Clubs and fewer Bedford Parks that's for sure. lol

Last edited by pierrepont7731; 04-27-2018 at 11:49 AM..

Old 04-27-2018, 11:59 AM

34,081 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...29787854_zpid/

Are they getting these crazy prices or just asking? (I admit I'm too lazy to investigate further.)
The property is Landmarked.

Any renovation is going to be extra because you have to go through LPC, and more expensive. And they just won't let you tear it down if you wanted to that easy. This listing is not for the average buyer.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-27-2018, 12:18 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,300,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
The property is Landmarked.

Any renovation is going to be extra because you have to go through LPC, and more expensive. And they just won't let you tear it down if you wanted to that easy. This listing is not for the average buyer.
The old architectural detail is so gorgeous to me. I would hope that none ever tears it down. My dream house looks like this on the inside and french provincial on the outside. The sweet lady who owns it gave me a tour once. I told her if she ever thinks about selling I am going to buy it. I love old world charm. It has so much character.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:20 PM

34,081 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
The old architectural detail is so gorgeous to me. I would hope that none ever tears it down. My dream house looks like this on the inside and french provincial on the outside. The sweet lady who owns it gave me a tour once. I told her if she ever thinks about selling I am going to buy it. I love old world charm. It has so much character.
It looks nice but its a PITA to maintain and its expensive to do that. So many things to worry about from that house, and I'm just talking the exterior.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City