Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2018, 05:08 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,595,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
So what. That doesn't make it right to **** on other people. I have a very mixed family and I have cousins who are biracial. Being Sicilian I'm pretty mixed myself.

I just find it really sad that we still have this going on in 2018. Minorities ******* on each other. We're all humans!
It's interesting to me that you write this, yet you think it's okay to **** on the Jewish minority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 05:12 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
lmao

Please. They pick that because of the stupid racial hierarchy established by Spaniards thousands of years ago. If white wasn't right, we'd see people in power that weren't all mainly white in Latin America.
Obama, the President of the US, is called Black. He was raised by his white mother. There is no real reason he can’t call himself white. There is no real reason so called mulattoes and mestizos can’t all themselves white if they want to. They do not need approval from US whites. Racial designations are based on politics, not on DNA and sometimes not even on appearance. You would sometimes see the first “Black” to do this and the person would be practically white.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:15 AM

1,998 posts, read 1,881,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyguy View Post
While prisons do have disproportionately have large numbers of black inmates, you've concluded that most blacks think it's "acceptable?" Do realize, that there are also disproprotionate numbers of Latino males in prison and in gangs (33% of all inmates are Hispanic https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_ethnicity.jsp). This HAS to mean it is acceptable to go to jail in YOUR community too, right? The hot-blooded, promiscuous, baby-churning Latino(a)s stereotype exists for a reason, right?

What you said is fairly accurate. A significant amount of my male relatives are high school dropout that turned to drug dealing and have spent time in jail. My aunt gave up her dream of homeownership to spend the down payment on a proper lawyer to get my cousins out of jail. One of them was kicked out of high school for punching the security guard in the face. My family attributes my aunts problems due to letting her kids grow up in the streets and not value education. As I mentioned in previous post, I hope both my family relatives and ethnicity can get their **** together.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:19 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Look, I’m not reading these mile long dissertations about sh** that doesn’t address the matter at hand. Whoever called the cops on him is a idiot. I feel sorry for him. it casts bad juju on his brand new apartment. I’d be ready to move out. Yes the area is still majority minority, with a mix of low, middle and high income people residing there

Old 05-04-2018, 05:25 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
What you said is fairly accurate. A significant amount of my male relatives are high school dropout that turned to drug dealing and have spent time in jail. My aunt gave up her dream of homeownership to spend the down payment on a proper lawyer to get my cousins out of jail. One of them was kicked out of high school for punching the security guard in the face. My family attributes my aunts problems due to letting her kids grow up in the streets and not value education. As I mentioned in previous post, I hope both my family relatives and ethnicity can get their **** together.
It's called the school to prison pipeline. As things get worse for kids in school and they drop out, the likelihood of encounters with the criminal justice system increase. I said this once in a paper and backed this up with research while at grad school and got accused of sounding like Trump.

With that said, as your aunt was supposedly letting her kids grow up in the streets, did anyone else in the family to talk to her in a constructive way? Pointing fingers at the woman after her family life falls apart sounds like the rest of your family wasn't too great either. Was the father around to help?

Old 05-04-2018, 05:49 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC305 View Post
This part of town is not expensive and not majority white. I seriously don’t understand why people make matter-of-fact posts when they don’t know the area or the specifics. Making assumptions like this is pretty much doing what you’re accusing others of doing.
Really?

Old 05-04-2018, 05:55 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,595,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Obama, the President of the US, is called Black. He was raised by his white mother. There is no real reason he can’t call himself white. There is no real reason so called mulattoes and mestizos can’t all themselves white if they want to. They do not need approval from US whites. Racial designations are based on politics, not on DNA and sometimes not even on appearance. You would sometimes see the first “Black” to do this and the person would be practically white.
Agreed.
When Vanessa Williams was voted the first black Miss America, people in some parts of the rest of the world were shocked after hearing "first black Miss America" and then seeing her picture, as she looks pretty much like a white woman (blue/green eyes, etc.)

Old 05-04-2018, 05:56 AM

782 posts, read 526,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Really?
Really?

Everything is expensive to you.

But please educate me with your vast NYC knowledge.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I agree, but they don't. I don't think I know a single Hispanic person who considers themselves white, and I even know half non-Hispanic white, half Hispanic people who look straight up white but don't consider themselves white.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC305 View Post
Really?

Everything is expensive to you.

But please educate me with your vast NYC knowledge.
Yes, NYC rents are expensive in general, but it doesn't look like that neighborhood is even affordable by NYC standards. Maybe you're rich and think everything is cheap (and that's fine), but I'm entitled to my own opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City