Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 07:03 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times

Advertisements

The white liberal who believes that he or she is progressive at times is no different than the white conservative, in matter of fact the white liberal is at times often worse than the white conservative. If anything at least the white conservative tells you the truth on his or her position. The white liberal on the other hand hide their true intention and belief. Also the white liberals like to live in the communities of white conservatives, or other like minded white people.

The UWS of Manhattan is known for being progressive white liberal and Jewish vs the UES which used to be known for being conservative and WASP, but however these neighborhoods of been blurred religiously and politically in the past two decades. Again sorry for using the J word, I'm not an anti-Semite btw. I know that using the J word by a person that is not of the J faith is offensive and it should be reported to ADL or SPLC. UWS came along when it used to be crap during the 1960s.

My pro black friend told me white liberal is the worse. I was surprised that opinion came from her because she is very pro left compared to I who is center left and I agree with opinions from the right at times. Don't you pro blacks march together with progressive liberal whites? No answer. But with that said. The UWS which is made up of mostly , progressive Jews, irreligious whites, NYT readers, and a couple of token blacks and Asians do not want poorer folk who is black not to infiltrate their school district. I understand. It does take a couple of bad apples to ruin it for everyone else. Also the poorer children, and to certain degree black Americans have a different work ethic than everyone else. I can see why parents are up in arms by allowing 1/4 of the school district to have seats for black kids who live in Harlem. Folks in this neighborhood are not only racist, but also classist and elitist. People are calling out elitism when they see it.

OVerall, NYC is a very hypocritical city. I find it funny. People say one thing or preach one thing, but do another, because they have a right too. One thing I notice about NYC is that it is full of race hustlers. Who collect money from racism, but never use the money to solve the problem of racism. The root who posted this article is a race hustler newspaper mainly read by black women, the black pastor and beta male black men, and to a lesser extent beta male white men. But back to my topic. I remember their was this pro black march in NYC for BLM. I had to laugh when I saw a good portion of the pro black women, with white, mixed race and Hispanic boyfriends. LOL, your supposed to be advocating for black men, yet in bed with the opposites. White liberals, are also very hypocritical. They talk about how they want to improve the communities, but they run back to their white world when they are done, or if not turn the hood into a white utopia and kick out the (barbarian poor whites), blacks and Hispanics. Or that time when I went to Occupy Wall Street, and those liberal white kids were arguing with each other about supporting Apple, those protesters arguing about capitalism but are buying iPhones and supporting one of the most profitable companies on Wall Street index.

Some said that blacks like diversity Utopia. I don't know why? Sad part is that diversity utopia is dead now. Right now as a nation and as a city we are going back to tribalism. Nothing wrong with tribalism. Look at the Jews and Asians for example. With Tribalism, their money bounce around 10x before it leaves the community. Black American folks, their money don't bounce around in their own communities thus communities cant improve. You have African hair braiding, Korean hair supplier, Chinese takeout, Chinese nail salon, Jewish law practice, Indian medical practice Yemeni deli or Dominican deli and a Jamaican Golden Crust. These businesses don't support black communities, it takes away from the community in the name of profit. Lots of blacks look for validation from white folks and others for acceptance. What more acceptance the black American want, especially from the pro black community woke/conscious community? I do not know!

That's my rant for today. In today's America, if you speak the truth, truth hurts, expect to pay consequences of speaking the truth. Examples of such is Kanye West. Employers, landlords, College presidents do not want to hear the truth, and will up end your life if you speak such in todays PC climate. Any way, I'm out. Going to a Jordan Peterson meet up!

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-05-2018 at 07:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 07:26 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The white liberal who believes that he or she is progressive at times is no different than the white conservative, in matter of fact the white liberal is at times often worse than the white conservative. If anything at least the white conservative tells you the truth on his or her position. The white liberal on the other hand hide their true intention and belief. Also the white liberals like to live in the communities of white conservatives, or other like minded white people.

The UWS of Manhattan is known for being progressive white liberal and Jewish vs the UES which used to be known for being conservative and WASP, but however these neighborhoods of been blurred religiously and politically in the past two decades. Again sorry for using the J word, I'm not an anti-Semite btw. I know that using the J word by a person that is not of the J faith is offensive and it should be reported to ADL or SPLC. UWS came along when it used to be crap during the 1960s.

My pro black girlfriend told me white liberal is the worse. I was surprised that opinion came from her because she is very pro left compared to I who is center left and I agree with opinions from the right at times. Don't you pro blacks march together with progressive liberal whites? No answer. But with that said. The UWS which is made up of mostly , progressive Jews, irreligious whites, NYT readers, and a couple of token blacks and Asians do not want poorer folk who is black not to infiltrate their school district. I understand. It does take a couple of bad apples to ruin it for everyone else. Also the poorer children, and to certain degree black Americans have a different work ethic than everyone else. I can see why parents are up in arms by allowing 1/4 of the school district to have seats for black kids who live in Harlem. Folks in this neighborhood are not only racist, but also classist and elitist. People are calling out elitism when they see it.

OVerall, NYC is a very hypocritical city. I find it funny. People say one thing or preach one thing, but do another, because they have a right too. One thing I notice about NYC is that it is full of race hustlers. Who collect money from racism, but never use the money to solve the problem of racism. The root who posted this article is a race hustler newspaper mainly read by black women, the black pastor and beta male black men, and to a lesser extent beta male white men. But back to my topic. I remember their was this pro black march in NYC for BLM. I had to laugh when I saw a good portion of the pro black women, with white, mixed race and Hispanic boyfriends. LOL, your supposed to be advocating for black men, yet in bed with the opposites. White liberals, are also very hypocritical. They talk about how they want to improve the communities, but they run back to their white world when they are done, or if not turn the hood into a white utopia and kick out the (barbarian poor whites), blacks and Hispanics.

Some said that blacks like diversity Utopia. I don't know why? Sad part is that diversity utopia is dead now. Right now as a nation and as a city we are going back to tribalism. Nothing wrong with tribalism. Look at the Jews and Asians for example. With Tribalism, their money bounce around 10x before it leaves the community. Black American folks, their money don't bounce around in their own communities thus communities cant improve. You have African hair braiding, Korean hair supplier, Chinese takeout, Yemeni deli or Dominican deli and a Jamaican Golden Crust. These businesses don't support black communities, it takes away from the community in the name of profit. Lots of blacks look for validation from white folks and others for acceptance. What more acceptance the black American want, especially from the pro black community woke/conscious community? I do not know!

That's my rant for today. In today's America, if you speak the truth, truth hurts, expect to pay consequences of speaking the truth. Examples of such is Kanye West. Employers, landlords, College presidents do not want to hear the truth, and will up end your life if you speak such in todays PC climate.
I find it interesting you call "Black" Americans black when you go out of your way to call yourself "mixed". What's up with that?

"Black" Americans are a political creation, and of course the poverty, lack of identity were all created for a reason.

Take the slave masters knocking up their slaves. Were this more broadly acknowledge, it means the children of the slave/maids have every right to the title and money the owner's white children have, since they all have the same DAD.

Re: African hair braiding, well the African immigrant and the AA are supposedly both "Black" so what's the distinction there?

You do have AA owned and controlled institutions in the city. Black churches, funeral homes, barber shops, hair salons. Quite clearly this isn't enough, but it's not like there are no AA owned business.

Though given the ancestry of AAs, of course they have rights to other communities as well as they are historically AND genetically ALSO a part of those communities. The historical records are there, as are the genetic testing.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I find it interesting you call "Black" Americans black when you go out of your way to call yourself "mixed". What's up with that?

"Black" Americans are a political creation, and of course the poverty, lack of identity were all created for a reason.

Take the slave masters knocking up their slaves. Were this more broadly acknowledge, it means the children of the slave/maids have every right to the title and money the owner's white children have, since they all have the same DAD.

Re: African hair braiding, well the African immigrant and the AA are supposedly both "Black" so what's the distinction there?

You do have AA owned and controlled institutions in the city. Black churches, funeral homes, barber shops, hair salons. Quite clearly this isn't enough, but it's not like there are no AA owned business.

Though given the ancestry of AAs, of course they have rights to other communities as well as they are historically AND genetically ALSO a part of those communities. The historical records are there, as are the genetic testing.
I am mixed race. I was born here, my parents are from South America. I'm also biracial, well tri-racial that is I have always been pointed out growing up until now about how distinct I look, and act. Not my fault, Jungle fever runs amok when your parents come from the only English speaking located in the amazon rain forest. Even though I'm a man of color, I am proud of being multiple races. I know in America, being a person of color and being proud of other races is looked down upon, especially in todays PC climate. I understand that! It is even worse when you find out your a descendent of white men!

Lots of black folks don't like to be called African American. I respect that, so now i use the moniker black American. An African American identity is not forged in Africa, it is forged here in the United States. It makes no point to call them African American. It is better to use the term "Black American".

Paragraph two in bold is very true. I'm not sure if you watch know your roots with that Yale professor Lewis Gates Jr. One episode featured Derek Jeter. Derek Jeter great, great, great, grand father is a white slave owner, and he fathered children with a slave woman. Upon the end of slavery, Slave owner Jeter son born from a slave owner received 4000 dollars from his slave owner father back then which is a lot of money if you adjust for inflation today. He used that money to build a church.

Yes they are both black, but their is a distinction between the two, much of it cultural and religious. Also they let the distinction to be known.

As for AA business. They are some. Black hardware stores, black auto shops, black owned bars, black law offices and so forth. Just recently in my neighborhood a black owned tattoo shop opened up. Not sure If I want to get another tattoo. Ahhhhhhhhh. Gotta think about it.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-05-2018 at 07:49 AM..

Old 05-05-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
I am mixed race. I was born here, my parents are from South America. I'm also biracial, well tri-racial that is I have always been pointed out growing up until now about how distinct I look, and act. Not my fault, Jungle fever runs amok when your parents come from the only English speaking located in the amazon rain forest.

Lots of black folks don't like to be called African American. I respect that, so now i use the moniker black American.

Paragraph two in bold is very true. I'm not sure if you watch know your roots with that Yale professor Lewis Gates Jr. One episode featured Derek Jeter. Derek Jeter great, great, great, grand father is a white slave owner, and he fathered children with a slave woman. Upon the end of slavery, Slave owner Jeter son born from a slave owner received 4000 dollars from his slave owner father back then which is a lot of money if you adjust for inflation today. He used that money to build a church.

Yes they are both black, but their is a distinction between the two, much of it cultural and religious. Also they let the distinction to be known.

As for AA business. They are some. Black hardware stores, black auto shops, black owned bars, black law offices and so forth. Just recently in my neighborhood a black owned tattoo shop opened up. Not sure If I want to get another tattoo. Ahhhhhhhhh. Gotta think about it.
And lot's of AAs are biracial or triracial, so why do you uniquely make it seem like your identity is somehow all that different?

Obviously you're from a different culture and that's perfectly fine to acknowledge that, but calling other people labels (Black) you don't seem to like for yourself seems to be a bit hypocritical.

Different people identify differently. There are AAs who object to Black, just as there are AAs who object to African American. This is certainly true of other groups of people too. Dominican Americans the same color will refer to themselves as Indio, Moreno, Afro-Latino, Black, Blatino, just Dominican, Latino, etc.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
And lot's of AAs are biracial or triracial, so why do you uniquely make it seem like your identity is somehow all that different?

Obviously you're from a different culture and that's perfectly fine to acknowledge that, but calling other people labels (Black) you don't seem to like for yourself seems to be a bit hypocritical.

Different people identify differently. There are AAs who object to Black, just as there are AAs who object to African American. This is certainly true of other groups of people too. Dominican Americans the same color will refer to themselves as Indio, Moreno, Afro-Latino, Black, Blatino, just Dominican, Latino, etc.
Lets not get off topic here. Lets stay on the topic, and that is about the school. Because that now I speak the truth on one topic, you want to reverse the topic on me and racial identity. Lol no. Hows Barcelona btw? its different because my parents are not from here. I was born here.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Property taxes are also super high in some of the NYC suburbs. Even crappy neighborhoods like Roosevelt have high property taxes
This is very true. Property taxes in the suburbs is high. Very high. The NYC suburbs are just as expensive as living in hip areas of the city. The only difference is that one is paying for more space, but much longer commute times. Some families even left the suburbs to move to areas like the UWS because it offered the space, but also faster commute times to work from subway, biking or even walking. Taking the Metro North, LIRR can be a drag, or spending more than an hour on the LIE, I95, or I87 and trying to get into the city are also pains, plus trying to find parking too.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Lets not get off topic here. Lets stay on the topic, and that is about the school. Because that now I speak the truth on one topic, you want to reverse the topic on me and racial identity. Lol no. Hows Barcelona btw? its different because my parents are not from here. I was born here.
I'm calling you out because you and some immigrants seem to be hypocrites. Everyone in the WORLD has some sort of racial mixture in their heritage, so why do you insist on a "mixed" identity, as if it's somehow better?

I'm mixed as well. Truthfully everyone is.

So if you can't call yourself Black, a term you apparently hate, i suggest you not call anyone "Black" including your girlfriend.

Note to mods and everyone, this is NOT a personal attack, on this forum we've had discussions where some immigrants who are Guyanese, Dominican, etc somehow try to present themselves as better than the "Native" Blacks, as if we aren't mixed too. You seem to be hesitant to really discuss why, which really means there's quite a bit there and you know it.

I really don't personally care how an individual identifies, and if someone does identify as mixed race, fine. But you seem to be desperate to "other" so called "Blacks" and on that I am opposed to it.

You say somewhat derogatory things about people who are just as "mixed" as you are.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I'm calling you out because you and some immigrants seem to be hypocrites. Everyone in the WORLD has some sort of racial mixture in their heritage, so why do you insist on a "mixed" identity, as if it's somehow better?

I'm mixed as well. Truthfully everyone is.

So if you can't call yourself Black, a term you apparently hate, i suggest you not call anyone "Black" including your girlfriend.

Note to mods and everyone, this is NOT a personal attack, on this forum we've had discussions where some immigrants who are Guyanese, Dominican, etc somehow try to present themselves as better than the "Native" Blacks, as if we aren't mixed too. You seem to be hesitant to really discuss why, which really means there's quite a bit there and you know it.

I really don't personally care how an individual identifies, and if someone does identify as mixed race, fine. But you seem to be desperate to "other" so called "Blacks" and on that I am opposed to it.

You say somewhat derogatory things about people who are just as "mixed" as you are.
You are calling me out. Look at you, you say racist and classist commentary all the time. But why are you upset that I identify as mixed. I'm proud of my mixed heritage. Can we get back to the topic you silly Ivy leaguer?

Old 05-05-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
You are calling me out. Look at you, you say racist and classist commentary all the time. But why are you upset that I identify as mixed. I'm proud of my mixed heritage. Can we get back to the topic you silly Ivy leaguer?
No. I'm not upset you identify as mixed.

I said why are you calling others, who are as MIXED as you "Black" since that is a term you apparently hate.

I'm calling you out for not pretending that most AAs are "mixed" and why you think you have such special status. I'm "mixed". We're all "mixed".

This is indeed relevant to this discussion, as the labeling of Americans in general needs to be examined.

So please Mr. Guyanese tells me why you want to refer to your country as "mixed" but not refer to Americans who are as mixed as you as mixed.

Please try to answer the question.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:11 PM

264 posts, read 239,009 times
Quote:

This is what many people don't seem to understand. "Black" and "White" are indeed political creations. I keep hearing about the lack of identity that black Americans have, but no one is able to explain to me, the culture of "white Americanism," outside of consumerism. Essentially, all Americans who have been in the U.S. for several generations, tend to lack a true cultural identity.

Quote:
They were able to get around this, by instituting the "one drop rule," which is still sadly carried out today.

Quote:
I've been told that Issa Rae, the creator/writer/and Executor Producer of "Insecure" is not black (by a few black guys online), because her father is from Senegal. This is actually hilarious. Yes, there are very distinct "ethnic," cultural and language differences, but it is strange to view Africans as non black, merely because they are not black American.

Quote:
The majority of black owned small businesses are actually online, therefore less visible, but nevertheless, the owners of those online businesses are still employed and able to (in many instances) employ other black people.

Quote:
BINGO!!! Don't you find it interesting that Bronx Guyanese will proudly exclaim that he is mixed, but he fails to acknowledge and recognize that many Black Americans are mixed as well. The genetic tests are clearing showing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City