Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 09:24 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times

Advertisements

It really is the strangest of all leftist slurs. The progression of leftist labels since the waning years of Obama’s presidency has been a fascinating case study in one group’s descent into madness. Most of you know it’s a topic I greatly enjoy following. I’m very, very exicted to see where we go from here as “Nazi” and “white supremacy” seem to be about as far as it can be taken. I’m personally hoping they direct their anger into actual action soon so we can start handling business properly.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 09:27 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
That doesn't sound like very effective government.

You might be surprised.
Politicians readily put other people's lives on the line. Perhaps they would act more responsibly if THEIR lives were on the line.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:41 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It really is the strangest of all leftist slurs. The progression of leftist labels since the waning years of Obama’s presidency has been a fascinating case study in one group’s descent into madness. Most of you know it’s a topic I greatly enjoy following. I’m very, very exicted to see where we go from here as “Nazi” and “white supremacy” seem to be about as far as it can be taken. I’m personally hoping they direct their anger into actual action soon so we can start handling business properly.
You’ll have one other problem. The intelligence agencies and the military oils decide they had enough of stupid right wing and left wing movements and come for certain key people in those movements. Which would be pretty easy.

If Trump is removed from office that’s exactly what I expect to happen.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:37 PM

I've no problem with that possibility. Should a leftist regime take hold of our government and turn its guns against us, we'll stand and fight, no matter the odds. Men of conviction do not back down in the face of overwhelming odds. There have been numerous examples of this throughout history.

I don't expect you to understand this mindset, most don't.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-07-2018, 01:39 PM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
What if leftist policies involved a working healthcare system that kept the price of healthcare within reason and an education system that was fairly well-rounded and geared towards gainful employment? Or what if there was efficient response to environmental disasters and events or physical and digital infrastructure that was in well-working condition? Wouldn't that be awful?

Old 05-07-2018, 01:41 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You’ll have one other problem. The intelligence agencies and the military oils decide they had enough of stupid right wing and left wing movements and come for certain key people in those movements. Which would be pretty easy.

If Trump is removed from office that’s exactly what I expect to happen.

It is standard operating procedure for coups d'é·tat, except the military is part and parcel of the hard right, always has been, always will be.
It is the left that is always wiped out and the military, represented the landed oligarchists rule with an iron fist in the name of MONEY.

He who controls the army controls the state.

Trump will be removed from office only when he decided he wants to go or 2021 arrives. There is no force that can get rid of him before then. And God knows, he cannot be embarrassed into quitting, he has no moral compass he does not know shame, he does not know right from wrong.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
What if leftist policies involved a working healthcare system that kept the price of healthcare within reason and an education system that was fairly well-rounded and geared towards gainful employment? Or what if there was efficient response to environmental disasters and events or physical and digital infrastructure that was in well-working condition? Wouldn't that be awful?
Simple answer: yes, it would be. Any leftist control is awful.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:58 PM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Simple answer: yes, it would be. Any leftist control is awful.
Does that just mean anything that you regard as leftist? Why isn't the actual functional aspect of something important? What is an existing example of a modern day working government that you think is doing a great job for its citizenry and what about makes it appealing?

Also, I don't think needle deposit places is really that leftist. You have people who are straight edge teetotalers on the left or hippies that don't believe in using anything so unnatural. I think it's just a general societal malady that needs to be curtailed and if this helps doing so, then I'm for it. Again, how it's implemented is the key.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 05-07-2018 at 02:16 PM..

Old 05-07-2018, 03:41 PM

There’s left-leaning theories/ideals (of which I hold many myself), then there’s “functional” leftist governing. Since we cannot separate the two, I see no path to successfully implementing leftism as a governing system. We’ve already so greatly abandoned the limited government of ideals of the Constitution that regardless of party, it big-government lefism all the way.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:40 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
There’s left-leaning theories/ideals (of which I hold many myself), then there’s “functional” leftist governing. Since we cannot separate the two, I see no path to successfully implementing leftism as a governing system. We’ve already so greatly abandoned the limited government of ideals of the Constitution that regardless of party, it big-government lefism all the way.
The US constitution was written a century before the industrial revolution. Nothing written by people is set in stone, and as the SOCIETY evolved of course the government was going to evolve.

Example, we have modern medicine. Pharmaceuticals are regulated by the FDA. This was not an issue when the constitution was written, because you didn't have modern medicine. We have a FCC to regulate telecommunications. You didn't have telecommunications when the constitution. We have a FAA to regulate aviation. They didn't have airplanes when the constitution was written.

Of course the constitution has also been changed since it was written, as the society has changed, the economy has change, and the world has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City