Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 07:43 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
It is standard operating procedure for coups d'é·tat, except the military is part and parcel of the hard right, always has been, always will be.
It is the left that is always wiped out and the military, represented the landed oligarchists rule with an iron fist in the name of MONEY.

He who controls the army controls the state.

Trump will be removed from office only when he decided he wants to go or 2021 arrives. There is no force that can get rid of him before then. And God knows, he cannot be embarrassed into quitting, he has no moral compass he does not know shame, he does not know right from wrong.
The Congress anytime it wants to can get rid of a President. Whether they would actually do so is a very different matter, but to say there is no force that can get rid of the President is to not know the US constitution and US history. Congress forced Nixon to resign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 05:20 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,684,525 times
When I read this thread, all I see are babies on both sides. "No, I hate you! You're a leftist!!" "Yeah, well, f you too, you nazi!"

Let's stick to the topic. This is ridiculous.

I'm in support of this. The war on drugs is a colossal mistake. By treating drug users as what they are--sick and in need of help--rather than criminals, we can finally get real and be pragmatic about how to solve the issue. In places like Canada and the Netherlands where these programs exist they have been a huge success. Correct me if I am wrong but Portugal decriminalized many forms of drug use, and their drug use now has fallen to close to zero. That's right, close to ZERO.

After doing this, they should legalize prostitution and weed and tax them here in NYC.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:46 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The US constitution was written a century before the industrial revolution. Nothing written by people is set in stone, and as the SOCIETY evolved of course the government was going to evolve.

Example, we have modern medicine. Pharmaceuticals are regulated by the FDA. This was not an issue when the constitution was written, because you didn't have modern medicine. We have a FCC to regulate telecommunications. You didn't have telecommunications when the constitution. We have a FAA to regulate aviation. They didn't have airplanes when the constitution was written.

Of course the constitution has also been changed since it was written, as the society has changed, the economy has change, and the world has changed.
The Constitution was not changed properly to effect the mountains of regulations, policies and departments our government now piles upon us year after year. The Courts were not meant to be an end around to Constitutional Amendments. So no, it hasn’t been done properly and most of it should be illegal.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-08-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
When I read this thread, all I see are babies on both sides. "No, I hate you! You're a leftist!!" "Yeah, well, f you too, you nazi!"

Let's stick to the topic. This is ridiculous.

I'm in support of this. The war on drugs is a colossal mistake. By treating drug users as what they are--sick and in need of help--rather than criminals, we can finally get real and be pragmatic about how to solve the issue. In places like Canada and the Netherlands where these programs exist they have been a huge success. Correct me if I am wrong but Portugal decriminalized many forms of drug use, and their drug use now has fallen to close to zero. That's right, close to ZERO.

After doing this, they should legalize prostitution and weed and tax them here in NYC.
My issue is that a change from treating addiction as a criminal matter does not require jumping straight to encouraging use at “aafe sites” while handing out “safe” heroin (which is what will naturally follow). We’ve decriminalized marijuana without creating smoking sections for potheads.

Society should not be offering any sense of approval for the junkie lifestyle, none. If they want to kill themselves, let them do so. It’s not like we’re going to decriminalize the other crimes these skells will still commit do to their failure at all other aspects of life.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-08-2018, 06:55 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,684,525 times
But letting them killing themselves is not happening in a vacuum. Drug use affects their families, it affects home prices in the area, it affects how much you have to pay for health care, it affects how the law criminalizes certain things, etc.

It's not offering approval--it's being pragmatic.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
My issue is that a change from treating addiction as a criminal matter does not require jumping straight to encouraging use at “aafe sites” while handing out “safe” heroin (which is what will naturally follow). We’ve decriminalized marijuana without creating smoking sections for potheads.

Society should not be offering any sense of approval for the junkie lifestyle, none. If they want to kill themselves, let them do so. It’s not like we’re going to decriminalize the other crimes these skells will still commit do to their failure at all other aspects of life.
Why not make it legal and tax the heroin and use the tax money to treat addicts? Alcohol is legal, and chronic alcoholism does indeed kill people. Cigarettes kill people. So does too much fast food. So does so much sugar (via diabetes). Lots of "bad" things that kill people are legal.

Alone drug use does not cause crime, the crime is there due to other socioeconomic factors such as lack of education, lack of employment, family instability or abuse, etc.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Alone drug use does not cause crime, the crime is there due to other socioeconomic factors such as lack of education, lack of employment, family instability or abuse, etc.
BS. They commit crimes against GOOD people to finance their habits. This is and always will be unacceptable. Productive members of society should not be at the mercy of degenerate skells.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
BS. They commit crimes against GOOD people to finance their habits. This is and always will be unacceptable. Productive members of society should not be at the mercy of degenerate skells.
This is absolute BS. Schneiderman, who just got busted for sexual abuse obviously had an addiction problem. Was he running around in the streets stealing for people to get money for prescription pills and booze?

No.

The people who still to get money for drugs are people who had no jobs, often did not graduate from high school, and typically are from marginalized groups that are disproportionately locked out of better employment and housing opportunities. In short it's not the drug alone causing this.

NYC is merely going on a national and international trend towards decriminalization and legalization. I've told you for quite some time something like this would happen, and I'm perfectly fine with it and for it.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:42 PM

Schneiderman is your example? Lol For every one of that elitist scum there’s 1000 street junkies breaking into cars every night stealing from good people to buy heroin.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:43 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Pharmaceuticals are regulated by the FDA.

Or is it the FDA is regulated by pharmaceuticals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City