Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 09:00 AM

3,559 posts, read 2,398,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
They are packed everywhere

America is starting to view chicken as a more healthier choice of protein instead of beef. Also it has a “cleaner” image than other fast food brands.

Go to the south, the drive thru is so packed, employees have to walk outside to the cars to take orders with a tablet.
Yea they do the tablet thing at the 6th Ave locations also!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 09:07 AM

6,414 posts, read 4,908,175 times
Right from their website. Glad I found this because I am deathly allergic to MSG. Its in the chicken and coating.

Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich
$3.35 Price information
INGREDIENTS
Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast filet, seasoning [salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika], seasoned coater [enriched bleached wheat flour {with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid}, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening {baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate}, spice, soybean oil, color {paprika}], milk wash [water, nonfat milk, egg], peanut oil [fully refined peanut oil, with Dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foam agent added]), bun (enriched wheat flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], water, sugar, yeast, soybean oil, wheat gluten, contains 2% or less of salt, cultured wheat flour, vinegar, calcium sulfate, monoglycerides, DATEM, calcium propionate, ascorbic/citric acid, enzymes, soy lecithin, potassium iodate), bun oil (soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, natural flavor, beta carotene), pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, potassium sorbate [preservatives], natural flavors, polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1).

Old 05-13-2018, 09:11 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,074,907 times
It's popular everywhere.

Slightly better quality fast food.
Good promotions (app / calendar / special menu items)

Way higher quality employees, but I'm not sure if that translated back to the NYC stores.
If you look disheveled, cannot speak clearly and politely, or sass a customer, you will be gone by the end of the day.

I guess reputation means a lot, but I think their food is pretty good- especially breakfast.

Old 05-13-2018, 10:15 AM

37,135 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Right from their website. Glad I found this because I am deathly allergic to MSG. Its in the chicken and coating.

Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich
$3.35 Price information
INGREDIENTS
Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast filet, seasoning [salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika], seasoned coater [enriched bleached wheat flour {with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid}, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening {baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate}, spice, soybean oil, color {paprika}], milk wash [water, nonfat milk, egg], peanut oil [fully refined peanut oil, with Dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foam agent added]), bun (enriched wheat flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], water, sugar, yeast, soybean oil, wheat gluten, contains 2% or less of salt, cultured wheat flour, vinegar, calcium sulfate, monoglycerides, DATEM, calcium propionate, ascorbic/citric acid, enzymes, soy lecithin, potassium iodate), bun oil (soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, natural flavor, beta carotene), pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, potassium sorbate [preservatives], natural flavors, polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1).
Mmmmmm, just like momma used to make it

Old 05-13-2018, 10:19 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Mmmmmm, just like momma used to make it
So many ingredients in there that I don't know where to begin. I guess it's fresh though. lol

Old 05-13-2018, 11:44 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
When you go ask for stuff the workers smile instead of trying to avoid you like at McD. Never had cold soggy fries, if anything is wrong with the order I get a free ice cream card.

Old 05-13-2018, 11:47 AM

37,135 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
When you go ask for stuff the workers smile instead of trying to avoid you like at McD. Never had cold soggy fries, if anything is wrong with the order I get a free ice cream card.
I like this post because it sounds like you are easy on a first date; I can appreciate that

Old 05-13-2018, 12:48 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,507 times
For one, they cook their chicken in peanut oil instead of vegetable oil, and peanut oil is one of the few trans fat free cooking oils ...its much healthier for that reason alone, not to mention that they actively made the decision to remove unnecessary sugars from their fries.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:06 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Chick FIL A is very different from McDonald's and all of that other trash. You should include Chipotle into the mix. I think you don't like chick FIL a because it is conservative and it does not correspond to the liberalness of nyc.
My impression of Pierrepont is that he is one of the most politically conservative posters on CD NYC forum so I very much doubt he is anti chick fil a because of their conservative corporate culture. If anything I’d almost expect him be pro chick fil a because of the conservative corporate culture and give them a pass because of it even though their food is crap which I agree with him on.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:08 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
My impression of Pierrepont is that he is one of the most politically conservative posters on CD NYC forum so I very much doubt he is anti chick fil a because of their conservative corporate culture. If anything I’d almost expect him be pro chick fil a because of the conservative corporate culture and give them a pass because of it even though their food is crap which I agree with him on.
You know me very well... That's exactly why I created the post... To understand what's all the fuss about. I have zero qualms about their political stance and could care less to be honest.

Do you eat other fast food? What brought to the conclusion that the food is crap? When I pass by, it seems like everybody is happy, including the workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
For one, they cook their chicken in peanut oil instead of vegetable oil, and peanut oil is one of the few trans fat free cooking oils ...its much healthier for that reason alone, not to mention that they actively made the decision to remove unnecessary sugars from their fries.
Sure, never mind the gazillion other ingredients in their food. That'll learn ya!

"Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich
$3.35 Price information
INGREDIENTS
Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast filet, seasoning [salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika], seasoned coater [enriched bleached wheat flour {with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid}, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening {baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate}, spice, soybean oil, color {paprika}], milk wash [water, nonfat milk, egg], peanut oil [fully refined peanut oil, with Dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foam agent added]), bun (enriched wheat flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], water, sugar, yeast, soybean oil, wheat gluten, contains 2% or less of salt, cultured wheat flour, vinegar, calcium sulfate, monoglycerides, DATEM, calcium propionate, ascorbic/citric acid, enzymes, soy lecithin, potassium iodate), bun oil (soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, natural flavor, beta carotene), pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, potassium sorbate [preservatives], natural flavors, polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1)."

That anti-foam agent sounds disgusting, and there's several other preservatives thrown in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City