Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 08:12 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,963,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
I worked for a major hospital in the Bronx.

When anyone comes to the ER, they are not asked for ID. They are asked for Name, Address, etc. We were not allowed to ask for ID at all.

Juan Mexico would come into the ER, give a False name and address at the registration desk and get full medical care. No questions asked, no ID given. Bill would go to the address given and would never get paid. Hospital eats the cost and is passed on to everyone else.

Now before you go calling everyone racist, perhaps people have actual experience that they can backup their claims with. Ever think of that?

Now as far as other posters are asking about how illegals can get "Benefits", NYC made it easy with the NYC ID. If that doesn't work, it is very easy to get fake SS Cards and Fake Drivers Licenses for a few bucks. It's not rocket science.

If you think that illegals getting on benefits in this country is impossible, you are ill informed and getting your facts from bad sources.

P.S. I am a Hispanic male living in the south Bronx. I've lived here since birth. My neighbors are illegals, I live this life daily. I see whats going on. Many of you just saying that everyone is RACIST because you disagree with them or don't like their facts is very childish.

Perhaps you are on the OUTSIDE (White Male/Female who has never lived a day in the ghetto) looking in and trying to tell people like me what the "facts" are while I know what the TRUTH is. See the difference?

Fix your sources of information, they seem to be broken.
The ER does not address long term or chronic illnesses. They just address emergency situations.

Its true, illegal immigrants get free medical care defacto from the hospitals. So do Americans.

However, back to the OP, you do not decide who is illegal and decide to dump your political beliefs on strangers. The man doesn't know these women's legal status, nor does he know if they used a hospital for free. And if they have, it's not his place to judge them in public.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:14 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,355,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Oh I don't know: https://nypost.com/2017/06/26/city-s...ospital-bills/

In New De Blasio Heath Care Plan, Limited Coverage for Undocumented Immigrants

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/03/n...high-cost.html

Also just who do you think benefits from all these free giveaways mayor de Boob and city council have been passing out? Things like free feminine hygiene supplies, diapers, free school breakfasts/lunches, etc...?

Don't even get me started on the so called "homeless" situation and illegals ability to get housing on taxpayer's dime.

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/ar...aliens-receive

Six tips for immigrants to navigate health care in New York - NY Daily News
Hey jackass, how many Italians and Irish work city jobs where they get paid $80k+ plus great bennies to the "work" 20 - 30 years. Then they retire and collect a nice pension until they die.

That doesn't cost the city anything? If you want to talk about NYC wasting money let's talk about it all.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:18 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,355,648 times
There's no law that mandates speaking English. End of story.

Telling someone that they must speak English is like telling them that they MUST wear only blue socks.

It's ridiculous.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:38 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post

Telling someone that they must speak English is like telling them that they MUST wear only blue socks.

It's ridiculous.
Like hell I'm wearing blue socks

Old 05-18-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Won't get much traction??? It's all over the web. Look at his business's yelp page. He might lose his partnership in the business or the whole business depending on the ownership.

Similar to the marketing lady who made a tweet about catching AIDS in Africa as a joke. When she landed in Africa she was fired from her job. Although i guess things are back to normal since that same company hired her back.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/19/169...p-return-tweet
He may lose his license to practice law. Complaints have already been filed. He already lost his workspace as the landlord cancelled the rent agreement. Effectively he did already lose his business.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
In today's America one has to be careful. Cellphones are all over the place. I too have recorded an incident and it became viral for years, thanks to YouTube new liberal SJW policies such video was removed. However videos of racial, bigoted and sexist incidents will remain supreme on platforms like YouTube and Facebook who share liberal SJW San Francisco narrative. Again nothing wrong with that, but just the nature of the beast

With that said. One has to be careful of what they do and say in public, but also those that record, take screenshots should also be careful of what they do to such person. We don't know if that person has a husband or wife plus a family at home. We don't know if such person is truly a racist, or a sexist or a homophobe. You just cant paint brush one person with one video of an incident because he or she used "words". Generally such retorts are mainly used for people who used action, and not "words". Also people found out where this guy works, live and so forth. This is part of doxing is also wrong. He is being assaulted online, people knows where he works and live. A good chance he may loose his bar license, he already lost his office space, and he will continue to loose more. Again this is all wrong. People loose their livelihood, and those who are involved with political correctness and identity politics will make sure that those who use words in an unfashionable matter will not get an apartment again, never get a job again, or never enroll in college again. This is happening now and is creating homelessness which liberal left and conservatives used to champion against, but as of recently both liberals and conservatives abandoned the class war in favor of race, politics, sexism because resources can be received by victims.

What the man said was wrong, but he also spoke the truth. Speak the truth and those that work in publishing, media, social media, academia, entertainment will make sure that those who say things out of line will have their livelihoods up ended. In such fields, they primarily hire women who are feminist, black women, and Jews. All of which faced historical victimization. Work in fields such as legal justice, medical real estate which all deals with the public, ones reputation will be ruined WIth that said, I hope this man learned his lesson, lets ask him to forgive, but at the same time lets not shame him. Shaming someone is never good. Instead the left wants person who said wrong to say sorry, and still shame him or her.
Dude, this man was more than shamed. He got kicked out of his office space by the landlord and he may lose his license to practice law. He is destroyed.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Right now in this country. We live in an age where words speak way Louder than actions. Say something wrong while at work or even off of work like online or at a protest. Your @ss will be grass by your employer. This is the reason why unions are essential in today's America. Words do hurt. However loosing ones livelihood over words in just too much and is un-American.
Those words do not have to be said. If you are saying things that trigger such hate that people felt the need to destroy your life, you are doing something very bad and very wrong.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:01 AM

1,183 posts, read 707,286 times
Quote:
Hey jackass, how many Italians and Irish work city jobs where they get paid $80k+ plus great bennies to the "work" 20 - 30 years. Then they retire and collect a nice pension until they die.

That doesn't cost the city anything? If you want to talk about NYC wasting money let's talk about it all.

80K?

See these NYC pensions which are 5 times that:

SeeThroughNY :: Pensions

(and the math can't possibly work out even with the most unimaginably generous returns and death rates - can you imagine any 401K that could give that? Doesn't exist.)
That's where taxpayer money has been going for decades - these are the aholes. The city exists primarily to provide healthcare benefits and pensions to former workers, as built into the law by decades of union lobbying and tens of million of dollars buying venal politicians.

yea minimum wage workers from some desperate country - that's the problem.....

Old 05-18-2018, 09:04 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:

It's ridiculous.
When in Rome.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:06 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
When in Rome.
If that includes being a loud-mouthed ass shoving and yelling at randos, then I'm okay with bucking the local custom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City