Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2018, 11:08 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
It is evident through all your posts, nytokendude.
Show it. How am I a token? You don't know how to explain things?

Old 05-19-2018, 11:10 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
LMAO Take it easy on the kid
F that. He needs to grow up and learn to debate a topic. I'm trying to help him but he has difficulties expressing the rationale for his closed minded views.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Show it. How am I a token? You don't know how to explain things?
Who you kidding black dude that went to two ivy league school that speaks Chinese and lives in Spain. I'd trade you in for 3 percentage points off the minority unemployment rate in a heartbeat.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:14 AM

34,082 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
F that. He needs to grow up and learn to debate a topic. I'm trying to help him but he has difficulties expressing the rationale for his closed minded views.
You're right

Do you

I'm not sayin anything.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-19-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You're right

Do you

I'm not sayin anything.
Nothing against him but he is all about Trump supporter this, conservative that. He can't just talk about this beautiful city we let him visit without slipping in these silly subtle remarks that add no value.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:24 AM

34,082 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Nothing against him but he is all about Trump supporter this, conservative that. He can't just talk about this beautiful city we let him visit without slipping in these silly subtle remarks that add no value.
Nahh do ya thing FaM, all good

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-19-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Who you kidding black dude that went to two ivy league school that speaks Chinese and lives in Spain. I'd trade you in for 3 percentage points off the minority unemployment rate in a heartbeat.
Yes, I'll concede to you that I am rare.

I would though define a token as literally the only one. Ben Carson is the token Black in the Trump administration, at least in any significant role.

I'm not that rare. Not the only Black person who went to two Ivy Leagues, nor am I the only Black person who speaks more than one language.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I'm critical of Trump, but obviously racist views do not begin and end with Trump. You don't have to be a Trump supported to be anti immigrants. I've knew some gay white people on welfare from the Gay Center who I am sure voted for Hillary, but they were anti immigrant. They wouldn't vote for Trump because they feared getting their government benefits cut.

So of course there are racist Democrats.

But there's a however here. The Republican party has more and more used anti immigrant sentiment to stir up it's base. Clearly if you think shutting immigrants out is very important, in the current America you would vote Republican.

And while the Democrats passed and signed the civil rights legislation, Johnson's war on poverty lead to the mass institutionalization of African Americans in housing projects (all that federal funding used to create projects) and this has decimated many Black families for generations.

So for the record, when you see my criticism on a thread like this Trump supporters, that doesn't mean I think the Democrats are saints or that their policies also haven't caused a lot of damage. In short, they are both FOS, and I have no problems saying that about either party.

I know you were responding to Seventh's comments about 1995, but I needed to say just in my case just because I have no problem calling out "conservatives" for bigotry does not mean that I won't call out "liberals".

Old 05-19-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Or starting countless threads about racial issues, as if the forum doesn't have enough issues. I posted this because this is a trending topic that blew up all over social media. But some of the other racial topics there's just no reason to go there. A friend of mine who is a psychologist once said talking about an issue too much is as harmful as not discussing it at all.

for example, people do live their lives in NYC and have fun and enjoy it. Or maybe their lives suck, but not every bad thing in the city is about race. It could be someone struggles to find a career or pay the rent and that can happen to anybody.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:05 PM

37,133 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Yea, but that trade isn't there.

In regards to tokens. You might just be someone that was less capable, that's all.

Sure, it's possible there might be a different probabilistic curve for different socioeconomic or even possibility genetic clusters, but that's a probabilistic curve. On an individual level, you can totally be part of one group and still just be less capable than someone of another group. NyWriterDude shoots from the hip, but his arguments have been pretty interesting at times and generally better than what I've seen of some of the other regulars.

I'm just a transplant bystander though!

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 05-19-2018 at 12:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City