Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2018, 01:42 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,881,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
NyWriterDude shoots from the hip, but his arguments have been pretty interesting at times and generally better than what I've seen of some of the other regulars.

I find some of his arguments interesting, but it is pretty clear he will take any position to win an argument and is a professional troll. He claims every minority you can think of and combines it into one personality.

The list he has claimed:
1. gay black male of wealthy Jewish ancestry from Jackson Heights, Queens.
2. received two ivy league degrees and complains he wasn't diverse enough compared to others who got a free ride (transgender).
3. speaks multiple languages and can afford to live abroad.
4. libertarian ideology

if he is a real person, the most noticeable trait is he lives on past glory and he hasn't had much professional success. He finds pleasure from looking down on the common working class poster in this forum and a feeling of superiority given his life has not turned out as successful as he hoped it would be (when he had ambition of becoming a writer).

Old 05-19-2018, 01:46 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC305 View Post
Prejudices/biases exist everywhere in people of all colors/ethnicities/nationalities/political affiliations. The important thing is to try to understand other viewpoints and work together. Not all this divisive crap and assuming the worst in others.
Yep. But... easier said than done.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:49 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
I find some of his arguments interesting, but it is pretty clear he will take any position to win an argument and is a professional troll. He claims every minority you can think of and combines it into one personality.

The list he has claimed:
2. received two ivy league degrees and complains he wasn't diverse enough compared to others who got a free ride (transgender).
4. libertarian ideology

if he is a real person, the most noticeable trait is he lives on past glory and he hasn't had much professional success. He finds pleasure from looking down on the common working class poster in this forum and a feeling of superiority given his life has not turned out as successful as he hoped it would be (when he had ambition of becoming a writer).
Yea, his relying on affinity with this or that is a weak argument and pretty useless in actually proving a point. The other weak spot is where he argues something based on some article here and there, misses a pretty significant detail, and then bulldozes through by saying his larger point stands. That can make sense to some extent, but he does it with some frequency. Otherwise, pretty good! We should have a user crit group!

Old 05-19-2018, 01:50 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Yeah

When's the last time you heard somebody say "I won't have them talking that Italian around me like that, the nerve of 'em"

Good job Kid

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to l1995 again."

Keep It Up
When Italians were new to this country, it certainly did happen. You just don't hear Italian much at all anymore. Especially in the work place.

It even happened to Irish, and they spoke English.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:56 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
When Italians were new to this country, it certainly did happen. You just don't hear Italian much at all anymore. Especially in the work place.

It even happened to Irish, and they spoke English.
Not completely sure on this, but I believe a significant portion but not majority of Irish immigrants during the peak immigration periods spoke Irish Gaelic as their main and sometimes only language and that really pissed off a lot of the nativists. The wonderful thing about British rule is that Irish Gaelic didn’t just get a beating when it came over to these shores, but also in its native Irish homeland. That’s a double win for the English language!

Old 05-19-2018, 01:57 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post

The list he has claimed:
4. libertarian ideology

Real person and I did all those things. And am all those things.

Perhaps you should confront yourself in why you have such a rigid outlook on the world.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC305 View Post
No one said mental illness except you. And what part of my post suggests that I think what this guy did was right? You have reading comprehension issues.

You’re the one obsessed with labeling people and pushing an agenda.

Btw, I’m not conservative.
You have honesty issues as you claimed he was crazy. There’s no evidence he is.

Old 05-19-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, his relying on affinity with this or that is a weak argument and pretty useless in actually proving a point. The other weak spot is where he argues something based on some article here and there, misses a pretty significant detail, and then bulldozes through by saying his larger point stands. That can make sense to some extent, but he does it with some frequency. Otherwise, pretty good! We should have a user crit group!
Not a weak point, and Bronxguyanese and NY23 has ended some obvious pains about me the expressing and yes benefitting from acknowledging the different aspects of my family tree.

Last edited by NyWriterdude; 05-19-2018 at 02:14 PM..

Old 05-19-2018, 02:09 PM

1,279 posts, read 851,575 times
[quote=NyWriterdude;51938591]No. You lied. NYC ID does not open things up for anyone to get welfare. But lying to make political points is pretty common these days.

Everyone:

NyWriterdude repeatedly lies and libels others.

Everyone is welcome to Google the NYC ID cards. One of their express purposes, as per NYC’s official marketing materials, is to provide access to public services regardless of immigration status.

See here: http://www1.nyc.gov/site/idnyc/index.page

NyWriterdude can continue on and on with his lies, but everyone else on this board can use Google and find out the truth.

So, NyWriterdude: take your libel and lies and shove them.

Old 05-19-2018, 02:14 PM

782 posts, read 526,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You have honesty issues as you claimed he was crazy. There’s no evidence he is.
Crazy does not necessarily equal mental illness. Again reading comprehension issues. Maybe google how people use that word?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City