Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 11:46 AM

6,669 posts, read 5,982,443 times

Advertisements

I'm very surprised that a Jew would be so racist against any type of immigrant, considering that these people are despised themselves in the Middle East, Russia, and in most of Europe. If anything, he should be trying to keep the peace amongst minorities.

Plus, this Aaron guy only gave $500 of his money to Trumps campaign? Talk about being cheap!

Old 05-17-2018, 11:49 AM

12,751 posts, read 8,219,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynpad View Post
People are under no obligation to speak English in public. They can speak whatever language they wish even if you deem it rude. Its not your business anyways so stay out of it.

Also, if you as a customer hear a staff member talk **** about you in another language "shrug" and move on. If you understood what they said then you are free to curtly reply back in the language with a "witty comeback" if you so choose. You can even ask to speak to a manager so the staff member can be reprimanded.

Other than that there's really no need to police other people's interactions. People can be rude in plain ol English just as well. Even rude in body language too.

Live and Let Live! We all die in the end!
Of course they aren't, but my response was to the comment that people don't have a right to feel intimidated. Says who? That's their right, just as we have a right to speak whatever language we wish, so all I'm saying is if someone is talking crap about you in another language, you have a right to confront them, and you should because people can be cowards. However, what this guy did was wrong. Supposedly he speaks fluent Spanish, so unless they were talking about him, he really had no business telling them what to speak.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:56 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I'm very surprised that a Jew would be so racist against any type of immigrant, considering that these people are despised themselves in the Middle East, Russia, and in most of Europe. If anything, he should be trying to keep the peace amongst minorities.

Plus, this Aaron guy only gave $500 of his money to Trumps campaign? Talk about being cheap!
I was saying the same thing. Like black Americans. I thought jews can't be racist due to 3000 years of victimization from Egyptians, Babylon, assyrians, sea people's, Greeks, Romans, byzantine. Crusaders, the Spanish, the Portuguese, Austria, Russia, nazis Germany, Soviet union. And others.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:58 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
We live in a very negative environment. Not sure why. Negative energy only brings more negative energy. I stay far away from negative people, negative media and negative thoughts.

Some people feel like they have to be negative or controversial to get the likes, stir the pot, bring attention to themselves, etc.

Sometimes you have to move on since at the end of the day it's not like you are going to pay the bills, put food on the table, provide shelter or clean them if they get sick.

Changing human behavior is extremely time consuming. You need a very strong stimuli to encourage change.
Very true. City Data won't let me rep you.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:

I wonder what Shoshanarose has to say about this...

Old 05-17-2018, 12:00 PM

37,022 posts, read 39,094,778 times
Also, apparently there's video footage of him going all ham on someone else from a couple years ago. Same crazy nativist rant, except he incidentally did it against a guy from Massachusetts who speaks pretty standard English. Seems like he's coked and crazy.

Anyhow, I wish I spoke good Spanish. That would be really tight.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 05-17-2018 at 12:32 PM..

Old 05-17-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Also, apparently there's video footage of this going all ham on someone else from a couple years ago. Same crazy nativist rant, except he incidentally did it against a guy from Massachusetts who speaks pretty standard English. Seems like he's coked and crazy.

Anyhow, I wish I spoke good Spanish. That would be really tight.
I heard about that and was rather confused...

Old 05-17-2018, 12:51 PM

6,669 posts, read 5,982,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I wonder what Shoshanarose has to say about this...
Well, my point is that it's no different from anyone really. We are all immigrants in this country - unless you're a Native American.

I think that this Aaron guy is probably siding with Trump because of all of the conflict going on in the Middle East, and how Israel is being accused of genocide. So in the back of his mind, he's probably misdirecting his anger and thinking, "We need Trumps protection, and I'm glad he's not racist against us, but let me be angry at those he is racist against to show some type of solidarity."

It may very well be misdirected anger.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:23 PM

37,022 posts, read 39,094,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I heard about that and was rather confused...
Yea, paraphrasing my mother here, but "if you can't do [being a raving xenophobic jerk] well, then don't do it all."

Old 05-17-2018, 01:23 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,427,992 times
Quote:
Well, my point is that it's no different from anyone really. We are all immigrants in this country - unless you're a Native American.

I think that this Aaron guy is probably siding with Trump because of all of the conflict going on in the Middle East, and how Israel is being accused of genocide. So in the back of his mind, he's probably misdirecting his anger and thinking, "We need Trumps protection, and I'm glad he's not racist against us, but let me be angry at those he is racist against to show some type of solidarity."

It may very well be misdirected anger.
Or maybe he was simply racist his whole life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City