Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:13 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf77 View Post
Super Mario, why is it that in every post your in you feel the need to compair everytihng to the Bronx? I realize you live there so you know about it but whats the deal with throwing in murder rates in every post and how hood an area is? We all get it, yes theirs some pretty rough spots in the Bronx its no secret, im familiar with a few. Theres no need to constantly point it out in every post. And yes East NY is a very rough spot. If you think Fordam is rougher thats your opinion.
Hmmm maybe it has something to do with my knowledge of it? So it makes more sense for me to compare it? just maybe.....

Or I could do it your way and talk about the 103rd Precinct in Queens and throw #'s out my ass........

Touchy touchy......I wont talk about ENY if its going to hurt your feelings.

Fordham is probably worse anyways IMO...so it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 12:22 PM

576 posts, read 1,596,862 times
Your not hurting my feelings in the slightest I have nothing to do with ENY , Ive just been tehre a few times and think its worse than fordam (humble opinion).

Old 03-28-2008, 12:31 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf77 View Post
Your not hurting my feelings in the slightest I have nothing to do with ENY , Ive just been tehre a few times and think its worse than fordam (humble opinion).
Fair enough.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:55 AM

448 posts, read 1,588,169 times
The way people ***** on ENY is sometimes way out of hand. Is it the ghetto yes, but if you go about your business people dont bother. I grew up right off a hegeman and like someone said there are some pockets of the neighborhood that are fine. My wife who is white has no problem walking around with me (hispanic), when we visit.

The way people talk you would think there is a murder every day of the week.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:36 PM

24 posts, read 207,254 times
People think if they walk into ENY theyre going to get murdered. Most murders in the city are drug/gang related and not just done to random strangers. They're only used as robbing victims...heh

Old 04-17-2008, 01:18 PM

803 posts, read 2,970,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Some friends, a couple from out of town, decided at the last minute to visit NYC - had concert tickets for tonight. Last night they went online and (without consulting me) booked a hotel room for $169 a night. Today I get a call after they arrive at the hotel: hi Henna, could you check this address on google maps and tell us if we are in a safe area? It doesn't look good, and there are 5 cops stationed outside the door.

anyway, I look up the address on Atlantic Ave and it is the Quality Inn in EAST NEW YORK. I am not exactly the expert on this area as the closest I've gotten is transferring trains within the station at Broadway Junction, but I told her it's one of the worst neighborhoods in Brooklyn. I told her she could go ahead and stay there with her husband, but not to take the subway back there at night. I told her she had to take a cab, and not to tell the cab the address she wanted to go to until after she's in the cab.

A few hours later I get a call from a family member who also knows this couple and she told me that my advice had been superceded and that the couple was told to check out of the hotel and go to a hotel in NJ.

So, what would you have done? .

I would have told them not to stay there, either... they can get perfectly good and CHEAP lodging out near LaGuardia Airport, close to Manhattan, but in Astoria, where the crime rate is VERY low....

I wouldn't send my worst enemies to East new York, unless I really wanted them dead...

Old 04-17-2008, 06:25 PM

675 posts, read 1,256,493 times
ENY has definitely calmed down big time compared to the late 80's/early 90's but not enough to put the words 'hotel' and 'east new york' in the same sentence unless your doing a 'quick stay' with a prostitute or a one nighter. Back in the days you was definitely risking your ass stepping into spots like Unity Plaza, Cypress Hills PJ's, Pitkin Ave, Glenmore, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: