Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 03:14 PM

124 posts, read 190,934 times

Advertisements

Cops hunting robber who beat elderly man until he was brain dead

May 15, 2018

Cops want the public's help in finding a robber who bashed an 87-year-old man in the head and stole his cash.

Cops hunting robber who beat elderly man until he was brain dead - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 03:17 PM

What I find surprising is that these recent ATM beatings & robberies are happening in broad daylight.

Another recent ATM beating & robbery, broad daylight, high traffic area:

----

Violent Robbery At East Village ATM

May 10, 2018 at 12:32 pm

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A violent robbery was caught on video at an ATM in the East Village.

The assault took place 3:08 p.m. April 27 at the Bank of America on Lafayette Street near East Houston Street.

East Village ATM Assault Caught On Video « CBS New York

Last edited by normaldude; 05-15-2018 at 03:36 PM..

Old 05-15-2018, 03:23 PM

12,790 posts, read 8,298,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normaldude View Post
What I find surprising is that these recent ATM beatings & robberies are happening in broad daylight.

----

Violent Robbery At East Village ATM

May 10, 2018 at 12:32 pm

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A violent robbery was caught on video at an ATM in the East Village.

The assault took place 3:08 p.m. April 27 at the Bank of America on Lafayette Street near East Houston Street.

East Village ATM Assault Caught On Video « CBS New York
I'm not that surprised. If you're going to target anyone, it would be old people because unlike young folks, they tend to be the ones that still pay for a lot of things in CASH and they usually aren't out late at night.

Old 05-15-2018, 03:25 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,817,815 times
disgusting animals

Old 05-15-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I'm not that surprised. If you're going to target anyone, it would be old people because unlike young folks, they tend to be the ones that still pay for a lot of things in CASH and they usually aren't out late at night.
In the second story I posted above, the victim was only 35 yrs old.

Both these beatings & robberies happened in broad daylight, in high traffic areas of Manhattan:

- Attack #1: 96th St & Broadway

- Attack #2: Houston & Lafayette St

Old 05-15-2018, 03:34 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,887,399 times
They should beat the scum bag until he’s brain dead. This is awful.

Old 05-15-2018, 03:46 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Two different guys. I just read the stories. Well it's terrible and hopefully these men are caught soon.

Last edited by NyWriterdude; 05-15-2018 at 04:01 PM..

Old 05-15-2018, 03:52 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
So not only did no one try to help, nobody could be bothered to call the police or an ambulance.

Seems like the thief/murderer is not the only scum. I realize it can be scary to intervene, but the least people could do is call the cops when something bad happens or otherwise file a report.

Though I have seen people in public intervene and pin criminals down to the ground and hold them there, and once when a deliver guy on his bicycle ran over a woman, the FDNY made him stay there until the paramedics and the police arrived. What happened is the FDNY was coming through and all traffic pulled aside. The ******* delivery guy got on the side walks full speed ahead on his bicycle and ran over a woman. She was hurt, not sure how badly. Obviously she sued whatever company he worked for, and the NYPD took down that information.

Old 05-15-2018, 03:59 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,240,189 times
This is absolutely disgusting. I mentioned in another thread before about people who attack the elderly are sick sick people. They are cowards and I hope they get whats coming their way.

Old 05-15-2018, 04:01 PM

766 posts, read 508,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
So not only did no one try to help, nobody could be bothered to call the police or an ambulance.

Seems like the thief/murderer is not the only scum. I realize it can be scary to intervene, but the least people could do is call the cops when something bad happens or otherwise file a report.

Though I have seen people in public intervene and pin criminals down to the ground and hold them there, and once when a deliver guy on his bicycle ran over a woman, the FDNY made him stay there until the paramedics and the police arrived. What happened is the FDNY was coming through and all traffic pulled aside. The ******* delivery guy got on the side walks full speed ahead on his bicycle and ran over a woman. She was hurt, not sure how badly. Obviously she sued whatever company he worked for, and the NYPD took down that information.
In a city of almost 9 million people, most people are punks.

I could never understand how dozens of people stand by and just let violence happen. You would think power in numbers would mean something

Most of the time these low lives don’t even have guns.

Meanwhile you have James Shaw the Waffle House hero disarming a man by himself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: