Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 888 times

Advertisements

I've been puking for three days after eating from a food cart. Anyone have any advice for how to get the word out so others don't get sick. Now I understand why people want these things to have letter grades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 03:19 PM

1,063 posts, read 691,556 times
You can report them to the Department of Health and review them on FB and Yelp as well as Google.

If you have good health insurance ask them to test the puke at the lab for what type of bacteria.

What type of food did you order?

Old 05-20-2018, 03:34 PM

6,669 posts, read 5,957,083 times
Ugh, reminds me of a story of when I was a kid:

My bedroom window overlooked a hamburger / "chimuchurri" truck.

One day, the cook in the truck asked a bum to buy lettuce for him. I saw the cook show the bum the lettuce head and then proceeded to throw the remnants in the garbage bin inside the truck. The bum, however, took the cook's money and never returned.

As the cook waited and waited, I saw how a line formed to buy hamburgers. Can you believe that the cook - upon failing to see that the bum would return, took the lettuce head out of the garbage and started to serve it to customers? It. was. gross.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:37 PM

4,743 posts, read 6,458,909 times
I do eat at food carts occasionally, but I'm always half worried.

Still, I've had food poisoning three or four times, and it has always been from regular restaurants.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:45 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,553,870 times
Just don’t do it again in the future.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:00 PM

1,063 posts, read 691,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
I do eat at food carts occasionally, but I'm always half worried.

Still, I've had food poisoning three or four times, and it has always been from regular restaurants.
Need to know what you ate.

A lot of the time people get food poisoning it is from certain items.

This is why I am a picky eater when eating out. I don't care what looks I get or criticism - My stomach not theirs.

I will only eat simple things that are hard to mess up, like a Burger and fries. Fried chicken wings, anything cooked to death.

Too many people get sick from eggs Benedict, salad, scallops and other undercooked items. I am not saying it's impossible to get sick from a well done Burger, but it is rare and unlikely. And if you do get something, the severity will likely be mild.

It's all about reducing risk.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:09 PM

5,655 posts, read 2,816,797 times
Sorry but those food carts are for tourists. Morons basically..

Few carts are established and have a reputation, but the rest are just out there for shmucks.
I would not feed my dogs with their food.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:20 PM

15,514 posts, read 15,496,294 times
Did it really not occur to you to call 311 and ask for the right division of the health department?

I have to say, though, that I've been eating from carts for years, with no problem.

And, more than that, I wanted to mention that there are kinds of food poisoning that take days to manifest themselves, so you might well be sick from something eaten previously.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:28 PM

5,290 posts, read 6,112,701 times
Check out the scene from "the Pope of Greenwich Village" where actor Kenneth McMillan buys something from a street vendor of Chinese food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LrUzP_1igg

Old 05-20-2018, 05:45 PM

11,195 posts, read 9,023,735 times
Default CD Confession by Mr. Ryu

I remember the last time i ate a hot dog. 2005 - i was in college and working at a retail store on 5th / 52nd st. I had the night shift 2pm to 11pm. We got out at 12pm and i had to walk to 57th/8th ave. I was so hungry. i saw a hot dog vendor on 53rd / 5th ave and I bought 1 hot dog and a can of sprite. I took a bite and it was disgusting. I took another small bite and threw it away and drank the sprite. I got on the train and by 125 th st, my stomach started going wild. I had to clench my butt, flex my calves, etc to take away from the stomach pain. As i got closer to my station, 175st, my stomach was just getting more out of control. I started pacing inside the train car. Once i arrived at my station, i just ran home. I got to my apt and thankfully no one was using the bathroom. I locked the door and started to unbuckle my belt. My belt decided it was a good time to get stuck and i defecated on myself since i couldn't hold out any longer. I just got in the shower and ran to my room naked leaving my doo doo pants, boxers, etc on the bathroom floor. I got dressed and put my pants, boxes, socks in a trash bag and threw away the evidence away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City