Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 05:46 AM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times

Advertisements

More trains for A, D, E and F subway lines, and more buses in Queens.

https://patch.com/new-york/new-york-...cut-wait-times

Last edited by BugsyPal; 05-22-2018 at 06:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 06:06 AM

766 posts, read 507,902 times
Good news!

Old 05-22-2018, 06:54 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
They should cut the A train line in half. It is way too long.

It should go from 207 st to Jay Street and then another train should go from Jay Street to Far Rockaways.
Same thing with the C train.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:56 AM

1,063 posts, read 696,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
Good news!
Not really. The signal system is still old. This will actually cause even more problems

We could do just fine with the number of trains we have if the signal system were fixed. I will make sure to stay away from the ADEF lines after November. It is going to be hell.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:29 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
Not really. The signal system is still old. This will actually cause even more problems

We could do just fine with the number of trains we have if the signal system were fixed. I will make sure to stay away from the ADEF lines after November. It is going to be hell.
Don't worry. It is already is HELL. All of these transplants flocking to Inwood and the Bronx... My God... Between that and the mess on the weekends, don't try to go Uptown...

Old 05-22-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Don't worry. It is already is HELL. All of these transplants flocking to Inwood and the Bronx... My God... Between that and the mess on the weekends, don't try to go Uptown...
I can attest to this. I do a carpool at 5;45 am to avoid the A train rush hour. i go to the gym everyday Mon to Fri.

I am going to try to learn how to ride a bike so i can do the greenway from Canal to 72nd st and do an Uberpool or Via pool home. I am also taking a hard look at electric skateboards and scooters

Old 05-22-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
They should cut the A train line in half. It is way too long.

It should go from 207 st to Jay Street and then another train should go from Jay Street to Far Rockaways.
Same thing with the C train.
The A train usually always cuts their service either uptown or Queens most of the time anyway. It rarely goes to its last stop on either end on weekends and weeknights. C train ends in east New York as well.

The 2/3 is just as long.

Can’t see how logistically that would work. A lot of pissed off people who would have to do an unnecessary train transfer

Old 05-22-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
The A train usually always cuts their service either uptown or Queens most of the time anyway. It rarely goes to its last stop on either end on weekends and weeknights. C train ends in east New York as well.

The 2/3 is just as long.

Can’t see how logistically that would work. A lot of pissed off people who would have to do an unnecessary train transfer
Exactly, no sense in having a long train route if the majority of the time the MTA can't even service it. You might as well cut it in half. A good portion of the rush hour traffic is uptown people 207 to 125 st getting off in downtown 59th st to Broadway Nassau.

A train transfer on the same station/same platform. People already do more cumbersome transfer than the one that I am proposing

Old 05-22-2018, 08:09 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,616,935 times
Quote:
I can attest to this. I do a carpool at 5;45 am to avoid the A train rush hour. i go to the gym everyday Mon to Fri.

I am going to try to learn how to ride a bike so i can do the greenway from Canal to 72nd st and do an Uberpool or Via pool home. I am also taking a hard look at electric skateboards and scooters
Guess I don't regret not moving to Washington Heights in 2010. Still, that 2bd apartment was beautiful...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Exactly, no sense in having a long train route if the majority of the time the MTA can't even service it. You might as well cut it in half. A good portion of the rush hour traffic is uptown people 207 to 125 st getting off in downtown 59th st to Broadway Nassau.

A train transfer on the same station/same platform. People already do more cumbersome transfer than the one that I am proposing
Jay st. Is an already busy station. It won’t work to have everybody get off the train there to transfer to go the same route. The F train already is on the other side of the platform and people get off the F to transfer to the A as well

Logistical nightmare with no benefit except to a small fraction of people
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City