Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 01:34 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
How do you know the Japanese is here legally

I doubt it, Asians don’t get the same illegal stereotype Hispanics do but there are many here illegally in NYC. Also they are notorious for fraud
Listen the Japanese aren't flocking here in large numbers because Japan is an industrialized country with Western standards of living and earning. The Chinese however are another story. The Koreans that come here usually are from South Korea and are here legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 01:42 PM

766 posts, read 507,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Listen the Japanese aren't flocking here in large numbers because Japan is an industrialized country with Western standards of living and earning. The Chinese however are another story. The Koreans that come here usually are from South Korea and are here legally.
An industrialized country doesn’t mean anything, the poor abd underprivileged exist there as well. Let alone its competitive.

Below is an article on a Japanese illegal who went to Harvard. You think he would have excelled in Japan like in America where many are just lazy? They come here because they know the opportunities are greater if you work hard.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...rtation-2017-1

Old 06-07-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
An industrialized country doesn’t mean anything, the poor abd underprivileged exist there as well. Let alone its competitive.

Below is an article on a Japanese illegal who went to Harvard. You think he would have excelled in Japan like in America where many are just lazy? They come here because they know the opportunities are greater if you work hard.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...rtation-2017-1
Illegal Japanese are the exception and not the rule. Let's not get off topic here. The fact still remains that illegals should be deported, including this guy, end of story. It's about respect for a country's laws and respecting the process to come here legally.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:48 PM

I’m not sure why people just can’t admit Americans are overall pretty lazy.

I see the signs of laziness on the daily. Able bodied People would rather wait for someone to move out a close parking spot in a lot than take one of the gazillion spots available further away.

And that’s just the everyday laziness i see. Obesity is a problem here for a reason. Our government workers get paid handsomely to be lazy. Construction takes years because of it and cost tax payers.

America has spoiled many many people.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Illegal Japanese are the exception and not the rule. Let's not get off topic here. The fact still remains that illegals should be deported, including this guy, end of story. It's about respect for a country's laws and respecting the process to come here legally.
I was just pointing out your false sense of security that Your Japanese delivery man could not be legal

Old 06-07-2018, 01:53 PM

912 posts, read 1,132,268 times
Quote:
I only buy organic fruit never conventional and try to support small farms as much as possible. The smaller they are, the more likely they are to be family run and owned and run the farm themselves. There's no hypocrisy because shopping at Whole Foods means nothing. It all depends on what you're buying and which brands you're buying. I do a lot of research on the brands that I purchase from. Very much into eco friendly companies that support fair wages and hire legal workers.
Very little fruit is grown in NY state outside of staple crops like apple. The majority of your fruit at Whole Foods comes from California, where the vast majority of farms use undocumented labor. If you eat any type of citrus fruit, or labor intensive fruit such as blue berries, you are contributing to demand for undocumented labor. Ergo, you are a hypocrite Even small, family owned farms in NyS employ some type of undocumented labor. Unless you’re vetting these farms yourself and buying directly from them.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I was just pointing out your false sense of security that Your Japanese delivery man could not be legal
I don't have a false sense of security. It's just common sense. If I'm comparing someone from Denmark, Sweden, Norway or the Netherlands, which are four wealthy Northern European Western countries, versus someone from Central America, I'd feel comfortable with the idea that likely a larger percentage of the people from Central America would be illegals. Why? Because first Danes, Swedes, Norweigans and the Dutch aren't coming in droves because they live in wealthy countries with high standards of living, while countries in Central America are the complete opposite. However, if for some reason the people from Central America were part of the 10% of the wealthy, then it could be a different story. What the liberals should really be angry about is why these countries can't address the corruption that exists in their respective areas?

A lot of these countries are NOT poor. The wealth is just controlled by a few. I guess it's supposed to our fault so we're supposed to just open our doors for the floodgates. Let these countries address their own corruption which is rampant and start taking care of their own. We have enough of our own issues here as it is.

Old 06-07-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
You're assuming that we wouldn't be happier spending a little more to buy from companies who employ legal workers and who pay a living wage. I know I would be PERFECTLY fine with that. I DO have a problem with companies hiring illegal aliens.
We’re not talking a little bit of more money. We’re talking about substantial price increases for all American produce. It will drastically cut down on demand, hurting the argicultrual sector of the economy. Most Americans can not afford a $400 emergency, do you seriously think a drastic increase in fresh produce won’t crush demand for said produce among the majority of Americans? Don’t be so naive.

Where is the republican platform that punishes companies for hiring illegals? I’m not talking about the slap in the wrist policies we have in place today. I’m talking about policies will actually have an affect on immigration. There is NONE. Meaning conservatives hate undocumented immigrants but they are more than happy to allow their major donors to abuse undocumented immigrants. Then conservative campaign on deporting undocumented immigrants knowing full well the demand for their labor will keep them coming back and therefore keep their wealthy corporate donor happy. Conservatives are nothing but hypocrites that demonize immigrants while turning a blind eye to American business that break the very same law they are claiming to enforce.

Old 06-07-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I have some sympathy for illegals like him, but I have much more sympathy for the Americans who don't get the jobs because of them. Jobs like that used to be available for young people as entry jobs into the workforce, or part time work for college students etc.
Many, not all, but many of the jobs undocumented workers do are jobs that Americans WONT take. There was an article not too long about a farm in California that tried to hire American workers by offering them more money. Most workers quit, they couldn’t handle working all day shifts out in the hot sun. So the farm went back to hiring undocumented workers. Obviously this case doesn’t translate accross all jobs undocumented immigrants hold, but the fact remains that many of the jobs these people hold are jobs most Americans will not do even if you pay them more.

Old 06-07-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian31 View Post
We’re not talking a little bit of more money. We’re talking about substantial price increases for all American produce. It will drastically cut down on demand, hurting the argicultrual sector of the economy. Most Americans can not afford a $400 emergency, do you seriously think a drastic increase in fresh produce won’t crush demand for said produce among the majority of Americans? Don’t be so naive.

Where is the republican platform that punishes companies for hiring illegals? I’m not talking about the slap in the wrist policies we have in place today. I’m talking about policies will actually have an affect on immigration. There is NONE. Meaning conservatives hate undocumented immigrants but they are more than happy to allow their major donors to abuse undocumented immigrants. Then conservative campaign on deporting undocumented immigrants knowing full well the demand for their labor will keep them coming back and therefore keep their wealthy corporate donor happy. Conservatives are nothing but hypocrites that demonize immigrants while turning a blind eye to American business that break the very same law they are claiming to enforce.
Oh give it a rest already. Get rid of the illegals and those companies will be forced to hire AMERICANS or go out of business. It's simple as that. Trump's policies are already working as we've seen fewer people (illegals) coming here and that's a good thing. You're trying to lump all conservatives together and they aren't all the same. For the record I'm an Independent who voted for Trump. I'm fiscally conservative and conservative on some social issues, especially on illegal immigration. I fully support the wall. Enough is enough. It's time people start respecting our laws and coming here legally. Since you keep harping on businesses hiring illegals, plenty of us don't support that either because it undercuts American wages. You're quick to criticize, but I'm sure you're one of those kettles calling the pot black. You probably have no problem using illegals and exploiting others. At least I make an effort to support fair wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City