Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 10:06 AM

769 posts, read 1,017,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
Pick your poison
Case in point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 10:07 AM

766 posts, read 509,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
Case in point.
Tax dollars going to take care of another two kids (shrugs)

Old 06-07-2018, 10:14 AM

1,183 posts, read 711,425 times
Quote:
I don’t get what you are saying. That’s pretty much my point, the law also allows for anyone born here even with illegal parents are now a citizen. Until they fix that, it makes no sense in my opinion to split illegal families up. Our tax dollars will now go to raising children without parents.

The "law" that allows that is the Constitution. 14th Amendment. First Section.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside."

I guess many people would be ok with "fixing" that as long as the 2nd is fixed too. As for your "are now a citizen" - that language has been in the Constitution since 1868.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:22 AM

766 posts, read 509,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
The "law" that allows that is the Constitution. 14th Amendment. First Section.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside."

I guess many people would be ok with "fixing" that as long as the 2nd is fixed too. As for your "are now a citizen" - that language has been in the Constitution since 1868.
And these same people complaining love their US constitution.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:23 AM

15,881 posts, read 14,529,165 times
Good luck to anyone at Ft. Hamilton who wants to get food delivered from now on.

I always thought if ICE really wanted to crack down on illegal immigration in NYC, all they had to do is rent an apartment and start ordering food. Since the delivery guys are almost all illegals, bust the guy who delivers, and use his illegality to get a search warrant for his restaurant. Then bust the other delivery workers and cooks. Do this for a bunch of restaurants in the area, then move to a new apartment and do it again.

Eventually everyone in NYC will starve.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:27 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,331,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Good luck to anyone at Ft. Hamilton who wants to get food delivered from now on.

I always thought if ICE really wanted to crack down on illegal immigration in NYC, all they had to do is rent an apartment and start ordering food. Since the delivery guys are almost all illegals, bust the guy who delivers, and use his illegality to get a search warrant for his restaurant. Then bust the other delivery workers and cooks. Do this for a bunch of restaurants in the area, then move to a new apartment and do it again.

Eventually everyone in NYC will starve.
Or they'll pay delivery workers and others more to do the job. Please stop trying to justify people coming here illegally. There's no excuse for it. And no, not all delivery people are illegals. Just the ones with business owners who are too cheap to pay decent wages and like to exploit others, which is why we're in this mess. No one wants to pay fair wages. Pay fair wages and you'll have LEGAL people doing the jobs.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:40 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,254,088 times
Quote:
Americans themselves have children everyday they can’t afford

You are asking too much from some people.
Yes but they can at least see their children.
And I know I'm expecting way too much from much of the population.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:56 AM

106,980 posts, read 109,241,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Or they'll pay delivery workers and others more to do the job. Please stop trying to justify people coming here illegally. There's no excuse for it. And no, not all delivery people are illegals. Just the ones with business owners who are too cheap to pay decent wages and like to exploit others, which is why we're in this mess. No one wants to pay fair wages. Pay fair wages and you'll have LEGAL people doing the jobs.
i don't see lines of americans applying to deliver chinese food on bicycles in the winter

Old 06-07-2018, 11:04 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,331,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i don't see lines of americans applying to deliver chinese food on bicycles in the winter
When I order Japanese food, the delivery guy is a Japanese American that's here legally... Of course this establishment is a family business and pays their employees decent wages unlike a lot of the Chinese places.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:04 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,254,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Thats because the under pay the delivery people and Americans know what the legal wage is and won't work for $4 an hour.
I agree with pierrepont, if businesses couldn't hire the illegals it would make them have to pay a living wage and then americans would be working the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City