Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 03:00 PM

766 posts, read 508,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
No, take a walk anywhere between Coney Island Ave and Ocean Ave and you'll see plenty
Isnt Coney Island ave considered ditmas or Kensington? It doesn’t go through Flatbush proper. Ocean ave also in my opinion is the ditmas side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 03:16 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,617,580 times
Can we get a better link? lol! These statistics sound really interesting to me.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:23 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
Can we get a better link? lol! These statistics sound really interesting to me.

Not cached by Google, so if cannot download may have to cut and paste into whatever program used to read PDF files. This is a rather large file....

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/planning...3/nny_2013.pdf

Old 06-08-2018, 03:25 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
Isnt Coney Island ave considered ditmas or Kensington? It doesn’t go through Flatbush proper. Ocean ave also in my opinion is the ditmas side.
Coney Island Ave is the border, and Ditmas Park is part of Flatbush

If you take away Ditmas Park, Prospect Park South, and PLG, there's not much left of Flatbush

Old 06-08-2018, 05:12 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
You need to take a walk through Bensonhurst. Bensonhurst is quite large compared to Sunset Park, especially when you consider that part of Sunset Park is industrial. Bensonhurst is mainly residential. The Chinese are quickly making Bensonhurst the next big Chinatown. it's affordable by Brooklyn standards, and given the amount of houses there they can have large families live there under one roof or rent out parts of it.
Does Bensonhurst have as many multi-family homes as Sunset Park? I don't recall that being the case. In any event, much of this talk is for naught as the link is bad and I have seen nothing else to support the claim that Bensonhurst has the largest Chinese population.

Don't get me wrong. I don't deny that Bensonhurst has a large Chinese population. I just am skeptical that they have more people than Sunset Park.

Edit: a workable link appears to have been loaded a few posts before mine and I am going through it now. On second thought (and this point escaped me earlier), the article is about immigrant population as opposed to ethnic population. Thus, I could believe that Bensonhurst has the largest Chinese immigrant population in NYC. What I wouldn't believe (and this isn't what the report claims) is that Bensonhurst has the largest Chinese population (period) of any NYC neighborhood.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:16 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
Mexicans in Flatbush? They must be hiding
You're not in Flatbush like that then

Church Avenue west of Flatbush is where the Mexicans are centered now

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-08-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You're not in Flatbush like that then

Church Avenue west of Flatbush is where the Mexicans are centered now
Foster Ave too I hear

Old 06-08-2018, 06:29 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Foster Ave too I hear
And Newkirk

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-08-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
And Newkirk
Basically all of Brooklyn at this point

Old 06-08-2018, 11:19 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,402,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yes, bad link. But, as for the Chinese, I wonder what they consider Bensonhurst. If they include the traditional Bensonhurst borders, I have a hard time believing that. But, if they include parts of Sunset Park where NYC's largest Chinatown is, then I'd absolutely believe it.
They don’t need to include Sunset Park. Bensonhurst is clearly run by Chinese now.

Dyker Heights still seems to be vastly Italian though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: